Dentures

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Dentures

I've just learned I need a full upper denture. Went to Exceptional Dentistry and got an estimate of $6K. My insurance is only covering $1K of the $6K. Can anyone recommend a different dentist? This price sounds high. That being said, I want a perfect fit and a good denture. If you don't want to answer on this forum, please PM me. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
I've just learned I need a full upper denture. Went to Exceptional Dentistry and got an estimate of $6K. My insurance is only covering $1K of the $6K. Can anyone recommend a different dentist? This price sounds high. That being said, I want a perfect fit and a good denture. If you don't want to answer on this forum, please PM me. Thanks.
I've been very happy with Palm Ridge Dental. Dr. Williams or Dr. Jaber. I believe their prices to be reasonable and I know that they are fair and caring. (352) 391-9930

Xavier
Old 04-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Dental

Quote:
Check out the Health forum in TOTV. Has complaints etc about doctors, dentist. I used Aspen, and will never go back to get ripped off again. Wish I had read the forum first.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Dentures

I am an Orthodontist currently working(unfortunately) in Michigan. Although I don't do dentures I think that price sounds extremely high. I recently talked to a dentist friend of mine and I think he charges less than $1,000 for a complete set! I think you should call and ask around.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I can not recommend a dentist in TV, but I can tell you my Mother had a full upper denture made in Boca Raton, FL in the past 6 months. The cost with some extractions was $2300. This included a relining of the denture after healing from the extractions. Good luck in finding a dentist that makes you a nice denture. I would keep asking around for recommendations.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Veteran member
Default thanks

Based on your responses and private messages, I am going shopping. I knew that price seemed outrageous. I failed to mention that I need extractions, along with the dentures, but even so, the price was too high.

So warning: stay away from Exceptional Dentistry in Spanish Springs and their other office in Colony Plaza with a different name. Dentists are:
David Che, Michelle Banagale and Dr. Penrock.

I knew I was in trouble when I walked into their rather lavish office. It looked more like a spa then a dentist's office!

Last edited by salpal; 04-24-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: punucation
Old 04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Dental

Quote:
Based on your responses and private messages, I am going shopping. I knew that price seemed outrageous. I failed to mention that I need extractions, along with the dentures, but even so, the price was too high.

So warning: stay away from Exceptional Dentistry in Spanish Springs and their other office in Colony Plaza with a different name. Dentists are:
David Che, Michelle Banagale and Dr. Penrock.

I knew I was in trouble when I walked into their rather lavish office. It looked more like a spa then a dentist's office!

Check out Health Blue Book.com. You can find the average prices for Lady Lake area or other places for doctors, dentist and procedures. The average in the book the last time I looked was about $1400.00 for complete set of dentures. Cleaning average $72-80.00.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.