Deputy at Lake Sumter Landing

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Somebody should have bought the officer a donut to go with the free panera coffee.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:29 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Wow! I asked a simple question. Really didn’t expect that to generate so many snide answers. I was a Sheriff’s Deputy for 25 years. So I also appreciate the work they do. Agencies can’t afford to park a car at a mostly empty square for several days without a reason. I just inquired if anyone knew why as there was no obvious reason. Nothing more.
Simply answer.....go ask him as a fellow officers
Old 07-03-2020, 08:48 AM

Probably working.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:50 AM

Why not ask him?
Old 07-03-2020, 09:13 AM
SUENRAN

It is called Community Policing, putting the officers in the community to be visible and available to respond to an emergency. Thank you for being there!
Old 07-03-2020, 09:32 AM
Default What Happened To Neighborly?

Quote:
Wow! I asked a simple question. Really didn’t expect that to generate so many snide answers. I was a Sheriff’s Deputy for 25 years. So I also appreciate the work they do. Agencies can’t afford to park a car at a mostly empty square for several days without a reason. I just inquired if anyone knew why as there was no obvious reason. Nothing more.
"Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.”
You asked a very reasonable question - curiosity is a great trait to have - don't let the cynical responses change that in you.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:30 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Unfortunately, you’ll need a thick skin if you use TOTV. There is a small group of long time members who post a lot, almost every thread, and often to just get a rise out of people or to show how clever they are.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I think you're right. Back in April and May that online Villages newspaper, that actually hates TV, was publishing daily photos of people at LSL sitting at the picnic tables or line dancing to the piped in radio station. Here's an example from an April 28, 2020 article by Larry Groom.

The Villages Florida

After President Trump and Governor DeSantis both praised TV on keeping safe, they wrote this;

For instance, a long line of area residents clearly ignoring the social distancing guidelines of staying six feet apart gathered outside Fresh Market on Tuesday as they waited to get in the store to take advantage of sales on ground chuck and chicken. A similar scene unfolded recently outside Red Sauce in Lake Sumter Landing as residents packed together in a large crowd while awaiting to-go orders.

Local residents also were seen crowded around restaurant bars after news of the virus and the need to practice social distancing first surfaced. Golfers were seen in groups on several courses. And Sumter County sheriff’s deputies have been called to disperse crowds from an area near the Lake Sumter bridge and the town square area of Lake Sumter Landing, where a large fence has been erected around the town square area and chairs and picnic tables have been roped off to keep residents from using them.
Larry Croom used to be the Editor of The Daily Sun. You used Larry Groom (misspelled?)
Old 07-03-2020, 12:46 PM

With the resent Trump parade, the animosity that was illustrated and that the video was published on youtube, I would expect a larger assembly of more radical elements. I would hope a permanent deputy presence continues in case of a demonstration by BLM and/or AntiFa would start and result in the destruction of our village squares. At least the call would go out to law enforcement to take action if such threats become apparent.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for your service; I was a State Trooper for 25 yrs; this forum has a lot of people that TRY to be cute and make jokes about Law Enforcement Officers and donuts; with all the hate against LEO’s now, I’ve started realizing that they’re just part of the problem.

If they could have only ever put on that uniform and strapped that weapon on.........
Old 07-03-2020, 03:41 PM

Probably because there’s always a lot of trouble there from drinking. LSL is the place to go to get low life drunk in the villages. To bad but true
Old 07-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerrett View Post
Probably because there’s always a lot of trouble there from drinking. LSL is the place to go to get low life drunk in the villages. To bad but true

lovely
Old 07-03-2020, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
Unfortunately, you’ll need a thick skin if you use TOTV. There is a small group of long time members who post a lot, almost every thread, and often to just get a rise out of people or to show how clever they are.
Very easy to ignore.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the 25 years of service ♡
Old 07-03-2020, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerrett View Post
Minority report duly noted.
Closed Thread

Tags
deputy, he’s, days, day, square

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.