Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Describe YOUR village......pros or cons

LaZamora

Canopy of tree entrance off of 466
No bond
GREAT neighbors
Small village (95 homes)
Golf (Mira Mesa, Chula Vista)
Pools Chula Vista and Rio Grande (family)
Close to woodworking shop, lady lake dog park, SS
Did I mention GREAT neighbors
Old 11-23-2022, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

This goes on this thread……
Opinions Concerning Best Villages
Old 11-23-2022, 09:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
LaZamora

Canopy of tree entrance off of 466
No bond
GREAT neighbors
Small village (95 homes)
Golf (Mira Mesa, Chula Vista)
Pools Chula Vista and Rio Grande (family)
Close to woodworking shop, lady lake dog park, SS
Did I mention GREAT neighbors
We have golfed at Chula Vista, we like it because it is a somewhat bad course so no one plays there plus lots of shade. This is an older area but seems nice.

We are in Soulliere Villas which you actually need to leave the Villages to get there by car. Because of this it is quiet and no traffic. About 140 homes with our own pool which is nice. Very nice neighbors.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Best villages, then we moved to the next best village. Going on #4.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Best villages, then we moved to the next best village. Going on #4.
Yep!
Old 11-24-2022, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The Historic Section has no draw backs. We are going to miss it. Everything about it has been great! Especially the people.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The Historic Section has no draw backs. We are going to miss it. Everything about it has been great! Especially the people.
1. The neighborhoods in the Historic Section more closely resemble actual neighborhoods from the 'burbs up north.
2. Some great hills for exercise and bicycle riding.
3. The yards aren't all nearly identical - each homeowner adds their personal creative touch to the landscaping (including, yes, those damnable tacky pink flamingos and little white crosses on random properties) that gives the neighborhoods actual personalities instead of being replicas of Stepford or alien pod-pads.
4. The neighbors are neighborly. We walk with them, hang out with them, visit each other, sit on each others' porches, help each other pull up weeds, visit any who are infirm to lend a hand as needed, have driveway parties - but we also respect each others' privacy.
5. We have a hot tub at one of the neighborhood pools.
6. We have another hot tub at the country club pool. And one of the nicest country club pools in the Villages, period.
7. We have our own golf cart bridge!
8. The hospital is across the street.
9. The fire department is down the street.
10. Beautiful park-like grounds in the rec area.

Downsides: I'm afraid to ride my bicycle across 441 and my bike doesn't fit in my car, so I can't ever ride my bike anywhere in the -rest- of the Villages. That makes me sad. I might try and find a bike rack for my golf cart this year, and that'll solve that problem.

The city paved our street early last year but took a turn to finish the paving on a side-road, and never returned to finish the street they started on (which is the street I live on). So our side of the street still needs re-surfacing.

That's pretty much the only downsides to our neck of the woods.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:35 AM

Villa de la Mesa just south of Spanish Springs. Very quiet neighborhood. Courtyard community with private HOA that keeps the neighborhood looking very nice. Mature trees and landscaping. Very close to all the shopping you'll need...Publix a 3 minute golf cart ride away...Spanish Springs an 8 minute walk. Private park, gazebo, and pool open to only De la Mesa residents. No bond on any home. We take care of each other, and have nice get togethers in our park on a regular basis. Yes, part of TV, just not open to everyone.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

Way too many oak trees down there ( North end). too much debris...acorns, leaves....to clean up. No thank you!!!
Old 11-25-2022, 06:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeblossombaby View Post
1. The neighborhoods in the historic section more closely resemble actual neighborhoods from the 'burbs up north.
2. Some great hills for exercise and bicycle riding.
3. The yards aren't all nearly identical - each homeowner adds their personal creative touch to the landscaping (including, yes, those damnable tacky pink flamingos and little white crosses on random properties) that gives the neighborhoods actual personalities instead of being replicas of stepford or alien pod-pads.
4. The neighbors are neighborly. We walk with them, hang out with them, visit each other, sit on each others' porches, help each other pull up weeds, visit any who are infirm to lend a hand as needed, have driveway parties - but we also respect each others' privacy.
5. We have a hot tub at one of the neighborhood pools.
6. We have another hot tub at the country club pool. And one of the nicest country club pools in the villages, period.
7. We have our own golf cart bridge!
8. The hospital is across the street.
9. The fire department is down the street.
10. Beautiful park-like grounds in the rec area.

Downsides: I'm afraid to ride my bicycle across 441 and my bike doesn't fit in my car, so i can't ever ride my bike anywhere in the -rest- of the villages. That makes me sad. I might try and find a bike rack for my golf cart this year, and that'll solve that problem.

The city paved our street early last year but took a turn to finish the paving on a side-road, and never returned to finish the street they started on (which is the street i live on). So our side of the street still needs re-surfacing.

That's pretty much the only downsides to our neck of the woods.
fantastic pool and hilltop views along with what you said. Dodging that big tree in the center of the road is always indiana jones type of fun
Old 11-25-2022, 06:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,073 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
We have golfed at Chula Vista, we like it because it is a somewhat bad course so no one plays there
Sounds like something Yogi Berra would say: That place is too crowded...nobody goes there anymore.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,137 Times in 881 Posts

Orange Blossom is the original village so great mature trees, lots of character from the homes, landscaping and people! People wave and say hello when you pass them, great neighbourly feel.

It's close to LOTS of stores/restaurants, medical and wellness clinics, hospital, dog park and square.

Minus for me is some flooding of streets during big storms. Some have not been built with storm grates you normally see on modern streets. But it's a minor issue.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Agree. Lived on the Historic side for five years. It's great.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:17 AM
Default Try it from a golf cart

Try any area to buy in a golf cart like you live there. That's how you will travel for a quick drive to whatever you do most of the time. If you are going to drive a car most the time you will save money buying elsewhere
Old 11-25-2022, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestIA View Post
Try any area to buy in a golf cart like you live there. That's how you will travel for a quick drive to whatever you do most of the time. If you are going to drive a car most the time you will save money buying elsewhere
We use our car for everything, except for the 3 days a week my husband plays the Championship courses and uses his golf cart. We moved here for the golf, various sports and clubs. A large number of restaurants was another attraction. Driving around in a golf cart had no impact in our decision to move to TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
vista, village, neighbors, great, chula

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.