Describe YOUR village......pros or cons

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2022, 09:48 AM

After years of looking to buy here, finally in June of 19 I found my spot in LaZomora. Trees, caring neighbors and golf cart convenient to shopping.
Old 11-25-2022, 11:21 AM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi

NO CDD Bond that is a plus for buying their
Old 11-25-2022, 12:45 PM
Default Not your own pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
We have golfed at Chula Vista, we like it because it is a somewhat bad course so no one plays there plus lots of shade. This is an older area but seems nice.

We are in Soulliere Villas which you actually need to leave the Villages to get there by car. Because of this it is quiet and no traffic. About 140 homes with our own pool which is nice. Very nice neighbors.
FYI
All pools in the Villages except priority pools are for all Villagers to use. Sorry, but it's not your own private pool.
Old 11-25-2022, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagesgal View Post
FYI
All pools in the Villages except priority pools are for all Villagers to use. Sorry, but it's not your own private pool.
Now, now! Don't spoil the illusion.

In our village all the men are strong, all the women are beautiful, and everyone is smarter than average, except for that one guy. Weather is perfect. Everyone is a great and courteous driver. No sub-par golfers. All religious and political groups get along well. And, there are no liars here. Not one!
Old 11-25-2022, 03:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Now, now! Don't spoil the illusion.

In our village all the men are strong, all the women are beautiful, and everyone is smarter than average, except for that one guy. Weather is perfect. Everyone is a great and courteous driver. No sub-par golfers. All religious and political groups get along well. And, there are no liars here. Not one!

If only, eh?
Old 11-25-2022, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,454 Times in 3,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We use our car for everything, except for the 3 days a week my husband plays the Championship courses and uses his golf cart. We moved here for the golf, various sports and clubs. A large number of restaurants was another attraction. Driving around in a golf cart had no impact in our decision to move to TV.
I'm just the opposite. It was the whole "golf cart community" concept that sold me on the place. I take my cart almost everywhere, almost all the time. It's actually faster to get to the town square by cart than it is by car, from where I am.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm just the opposite. It was the whole "golf cart community" concept that sold me on the place. I take my cart almost everywhere, almost all the time. It's actually faster to get to the town square by cart than it is by car, from where I am.
Actually, I have zero interest in riding around in a cart. II prefer AC and I feel much safer in my car.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:40 PM
Default another historic Village

Quote:
1. The neighborhoods in the Historic Section more closely resemble actual neighborhoods from the 'burbs up north.
2. Some great hills for exercise and bicycle riding.
3. The yards aren't all nearly identical - each homeowner adds their personal creative touch to the landscaping (including, yes, those damnable tacky pink flamingos and little white crosses on random properties) that gives the neighborhoods actual personalities instead of being replicas of Stepford or alien pod-pads.
4. The neighbors are neighborly. We walk with them, hang out with them, visit each other, sit on each others' porches, help each other pull up weeds, visit any who are infirm to lend a hand as needed, have driveway parties - but we also respect each others' privacy.
5. We have a hot tub at one of the neighborhood pools.
6. We have another hot tub at the country club pool. And one of the nicest country club pools in the Villages, period.
7. We have our own golf cart bridge!
8. The hospital is across the street.
9. The fire department is down the street.
10. Beautiful park-like grounds in the rec area.

Downsides: I'm afraid to ride my bicycle across 441 and my bike doesn't fit in my car, so I can't ever ride my bike anywhere in the -rest- of the Villages. That makes me sad. I might try and find a bike rack for my golf cart this year, and that'll solve that problem.

The city paved our street early last year but took a turn to finish the paving on a side-road, and never returned to finish the street they started on (which is the street I live on). So our side of the street still needs re-surfacing.

That's pretty much the only downsides to our neck of the woods.
After looking at a few places 10 years ago someone sent us a photo of a 'New Orleans'
in Harmeswood and we bought it over the phone. There are three others of these there and one outside the bubble on 103.
What we liked most was the 'back home up north' feeling of the home and neighborhood , side entry garage instead of huge doors facing the street, (so no one has to see how messy we keep it!) small front/larger rear yard with ducks, low traffic, no train and square noise, 2 minute bike / 10 minute walk to Savannah center.
We hope to move down soon full time - tthe dismay of the regular renters who have come back repeatedly.
Harmeswood was some kind of experimental community designed to be the 'unVillage'
Major nuisance is the iron gates that take so long enough to open you can read a book- and it's tough to bike through without opening.
Take a bike or cart ride thru one day for a refreshing change of pace.
We also enjoy the prehistoric villages with so many well-kept modulars, nice trees, and friendly folk.

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible
Old 11-25-2022, 08:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Way too many oak trees down there ( North end). too much debris...acorns, leaves....to clean up. No thank you!!!
Mature shade trees is one of the primary reasons I like the established villlages. Each to their own I guess.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 11-26-2022, 08:04 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
I'm with you. Carts are much easier and relaxing to use. No rush, easy parking and you can enjoy the beauty of TVs.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

In Osceola Hills we exit directly onto Morse Road, so we have no traffic from outside residents. Our only traffic is from residents who live in out neighborhood.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,245 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
In Osceola Hills we exit directly onto Morse Road, so we have no traffic from outside residents. Our only traffic is from residents who live in out neighborhood.
Same... Only one way in and one way out...

No short cut pass throughs... Only residents, the occasional "lookie loos" and the "how do I get to (insert square here)" drivers...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-26-2022, 10:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Pro - our house is there

Con - flippin responsibilities keep us from being there nearly as often as I’d like
Closed Thread

Tags
vista, village, neighbors, great, chula

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.