Village of Duval

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Default Village of Duval

My wife and I are constantly looking at pre-owned CYV's for a future move to TV.

We found 2 of them in Duval and wondered if anyone can tell us about the area. I like the location in TV because it seems to be in the newer part and close to LSL and the new town square to be built.

What else should we know about the area?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default DUval

I went to a class last week that stated that Duval is on a "hot spot" for clay soil. The is as opposed to the sandy soil the rest of us have. I don't know if you would have trouble growing native Florida plants. You might want to contact the Florida agricultural extension office.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Sage

I think Duval is a lovely Village. One of my very best friends has a gorgeous home there. Having said that, I think there may be a sewer treatment plant close to some CYVs.

I think you should spend some time talking to neighbours before you buy in any Village.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
I went to a class last week that stated that Duval is on a "hot spot" for clay soil. The is as opposed to the sandy soil the rest of us have. I don't know if you would have trouble growing native Florida plants. You might want to contact the Florida agricultural extension office.
This might indeed be the case but if it is, I think it's not all encompassing. I know our PV sits on nothing but sand (having done some digging to diddle with sprinkler heads and to bury a coax cable for the satellite dish). Everything we've got seems to be growing just fine. Probably best to check the specific properties you're interested in.

Another thing is that some homes in Duval will have natural gas service. Those that do will more than likely have a gas furnace, dryer, and stove. Some people like having it, others don't. Can't speak for ALL the homes in Duval but I know that most all the houses I see have the flue pipes sticking out the rooftops. Ours has natural gas.

Bill

Last edited by Bill-n-Brillo; 03-27-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:33 AM

Regarding the comment "homes in Duval will have natural gas service". We live in Allendale Villas and it is totally "electric".
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkohio View Post
Regarding the comment "homes in Duval will have natural gas service". We live in Allendale Villas and it is totally "electric".
I've modified that particular part of the post. Sorry if it was misleading.

Bill
Old 03-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

We live in Bonita, so quite close to parts of Duval. And I agree about the great location.

The odor Bare refers to seems to come from some of the retention ponds bordering the Truman golf course, rather than from the treatment plant in Largo.

Also, those same villas are across the golf course from 466A - that could mean a bit more noise and a bit less security. There is also a commercially zoned area right near there -again, just as part of disclosure.

I would ask your TV or MLS agent exactly where the villas are in location to the ponds/Truman, 466A and the commerical area...

k
Old 03-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I think it's electric south of O'Dell and gas to the north.
I like Duvall, great location, I'm next door in Hemingway.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.