Designer Home Question

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage
Default Designer Home Question

We are between 2 models The Gardenia and The Bridgeport. They both have features we like. I definitely want an outdoor kitchen. I have seen them in a few Gardenia listings but never in a Bridgeport listing. Are outdoor kitchens available in the Bridgeport?
We are arriving on the 9th for our LV. Received tee times at Palmer and Lopez. My husband can not wait!
Jeanne
Who can't mait to get to warm weather! It is 35 in NJ today.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Gold member

I am sure you can do just about anything you want with either model. For the Bridgeport, which I have you might need to enlarge the lanai. Talk to a contractor and the Sales Dept. One thing we really love about our Bridgeport is the half bath and the larger kitchen with the island.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 03-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Sage
Default I agree

The kitchen is terrific and I like the end where there is desk and you can set up set up a computer instead of using a bedroom as an office. The 1/2 bath is a definite plus.
Thanks,
Jeanne
Old 03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

We also have a Bridgeport. It is wonderful. The Gardenia was our second choice - but kitchen lust won out.

What may have been possible (or not) at the time we bought is not necessarily the same today, so take this with a grain of salt. Our neighbors considered a Bridgeport, but could not gt a full summer kitchen at that time.

If that is still true today - and you want a Bridgeport - the best thing is to look for a lot with room to go back a bit. You would then have to get T&D or another contractor to enlarge your lanai. Make sure your lot would give you enough room to do this.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Gold member

Yes I love the desk area in the kitchen and at first I wasn't so sure. I also have added additinonal cabinets and counter top under the windows right by the desk area for added storage. The out door kitchen was something I thought I wanted at first but with all the add ons we have our bird cage and extended lanai with our grill out there. No matter you will love what ever you get.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 03-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikitv View Post
Yes I love the desk area in the kitchen and at first I wasn't so sure. I also have added additinonal cabinets and counter top under the windows right by the desk area for added storage. The out door kitchen was something I thought I wanted at first but with all the add ons we have our bird cage and extended lanai with our grill out there. No matter you will love what ever you get.
Mik,

We also added additional storage in that area. We thought the space allotted for a table was too little - and we had the dining room space plus the counter. We made ours sort of a bar area - with wine rack...
Old 03-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

We also have a Bridgeport and I believe it would not be possible to add a summer kitchen to the lanai, simply due to its design and shape. As other have stated, if there is room to extend the lanai/birdcage, I'm sure T&D could design something for you.

We looked at lots of models (Gardinia, Lantana, Bridgeport, etc.) and decided on the Bridgeport because of the 1/2 bath and large kitchen. We're in the process of enlarging the island and revamping the desk area to a bar area with reconfigured storage.

One thing we liked about the Bridgeport, that has not been mentioned is the high ceilings. Our ceilings are 9', which really opens up the rooms and makes the whole house feel larger. Additionally, most rooms have vaulted ceilings, which takes the total height to about 10'.

Good luck in your search...
Old 03-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
We also have a Bridgeport and I believe it would not be possible to add a summer kitchen to the lanai, simply due to its design and shape. As other have stated, if there is room to extend the lanai/birdcage, I'm sure T&D could design something for you.

We looked at lots of models (Gardinia, Lantana, Bridgeport, etc.) and decided on the Bridgeport because of the 1/2 bath and large kitchen. We're in the process of enlarging the island and revamping the desk area to a bar area with reconfigured storage.

One thing we liked about the Bridgeport, that has not been mentioned is the high ceilings. Our ceilings are 9', which really opens up the rooms and makes the whole house feel larger. Additionally, most rooms have vaulted ceilings, which takes the total height to about 10'.

Good luck in your search...
MEM - I agree on the ceilings - LOVE this house!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I love the Bridgeport and its spinoff, the Holly, because of the kitchens. The drawback is the relatively small lanai. My husband commented that you would want a large lot to add a birdcage if you bought one of these models, but not an expensive "view" lot as you couldn't capitalize on the view anyway.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Gold member

We are interested in the same two models. Gardenia has the breakfast nook with a front street view which we like. The Bridgeport has a sheltered lanai that we like. I believe the Gardenia kitchen is more open to the living area. We also plan to go for the outdoor kitchen.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Default Outdoor Kitchen

Can anyone tell me the approximate cost of the outdoor kitchen?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.