Designer meeting starts tomorrow

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Default Designer meeting starts tomorrow

We're taking the red eye tonight to start the design process tomorrow afternoon. I've picked up a lot of great ideas from everyone on this forum and I'm confident everything will go just fine.

Both of us are really excited and hope to be done by Saturday afternoon so we can have some fun before we fly back to southern California on Sunday evening.

We can't wait for this process to be over so we can start enjoying our new home during our visits to TV.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Smile Designer meeting

Hello,

Congratulations on purchasing your new home. We just got done picking out all our upgrades. Everything went well. The only problem I encountered is I couldn't find the right color tile I liked. You go into a room and pick out the style you like. Our designer person was Diane Russell. She took us into several models so that we could see what the tile would look like. My husband selected a particular color of tile which I wasn't crazy about. When we were going into the other models to look at light fixtures, sinks, granite, kitchen cabinets, etc, I took notice of the tiles even though they were not the original one I selected from the beginning. At the last minute I changed the style and found a tile I liked. It saved us $4,000. I happen to buy a tile from last year that still had not been discontinued. If you have the extra room to do any stretch's to your garage, lanai or bedroom with the lot you chosed it is a good idea to do that. Once you sign the contract and want to change something The Villages will charge you $250.00 extra. We bought a standard lot thinking I was going to get the Cedar Model. We thought about it and my husband decided he wanted the golf cart garage so we were limited in the selection of homes we could choose from. In the end we decided to pick the Iris. We will be moving into the Sanibel Village the second week of July. Good luck Patti and Carmine
Old 05-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Hello fellow Fernadinan!
My design appt is in Sept, and I am reading all these comments with a lot of interest! I did decide to bump out the garage and lanai, and though my lot is deep, I apparently do not have the space for the golf cart garage. I intend to double check, but as I was able to bump the other way, I don't think it will make me change my plans... I am so looking forward to meeting you all and I wish you luck picking out all your bells and whistles to make your house your home! Let us know how it goes!!
And thank you Patti and Carmine for sharing your experience! Every little bit helps!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
Hello fellow Fernadinan!
My design appt is in Sept, and I am reading all these comments with a lot of interest! I did decide to bump out the garage and lanai, and though my lot is deep, I apparently do not have the space for the golf cart garage. I intend to double check, but as I was able to bump the other way, I don't think it will make me change my plans... I am so looking forward to meeting you all and I wish you luck picking out all your bells and whistles to make your house your home! Let us know how it goes!!
And thank you Patti and Carmine for sharing your experience! Every little bit helps!
You're right, "every little bit helps". I have a folder full of TOTV print-outs to help me with this project. It's great that so many people are willing to help others on this forum.

Thanks Everyone!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Sage
Default Let the fun begin!

So happy for you both. Life is great here in TV. It's so much fun to design your new home and see what you designed when its all finished. It's a very exciting time. Don't count on getting a lot of sleep the next 3-4 days because you will be either too excited or lay awake making sure you picked the right colors, faucets, tile....etc. Enjoy your new journey and welcome.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Sage

What is the standard width of the lots?

I thought it was 60'
Old 05-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Standard lot size is 60 X 90
Old 05-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Platinum member

AlanC:

Just remember that that boat behind you doesn't have any place to float in TV proper!

SER

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.