Designer vs Villa

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Sage

Hi Schaumburger,

It would be interesting to know if data were available on percentage of full-time vs. snowbird or snowflake owners in a particular development within TV.

In addition to villa vs. detached home differences, one might also speculate whether the more established neighborhoods have a higher percentage of full-time residents, since many new residents start off as snowbirds or snowflakes and eventually retire and become frogs.

Perhaps a Villages sales agent could/would share such data, although I'm not sure how they would know.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
NicknRo:

to TOTV. This is an excellent post by Pturner. A very smart lady.

P:

Can I hire you as a consultant when I'm ready to buy something in TV?
Thanks 2B.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Schaumburger,

It would be interesting to know if data were available on percentage of full-time vs. snowbird or snowflake owners in a particular development within TV.
Whenever I have asked anybody in marketing, the answer I get is about 2/3 - 1/3 (FT - PT) ... TRASH NIGHT SURVEY ... probably closer to 50 - 50 in our neighborhood (Hadley)
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
We have just bought a 3 BR/2 Bath CYV but it is because we like privacy and our dog rules our household. Honestly, I think you can get more house (and yard) with a house (of any kind) for the money. Just got to consider the different lifestyle. We are leaving 5 acres and ready to be with a maintenance free yard! I might have gone for the house if it had not been for the dog! Good luck!
I was going to say exactly what Wendy just did. The dogs rule our lives too and the privacy is important to us. I know a lot of folks are very pro those electronic underground fencing systems, but remember they may keep the dogs in, but they won't keep other animals, or people, out. I saw a dog running free on our very first day of our LSP. We are also leaving 5 acres and are just hoping we will not feel too confined because we are so used to the open spaces of 5 acres. Anyway, what Wendy said is correct...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Pturner, I have been meaning to thank you for taking the time to write this, so I will just do it now, I have a copy in my Villages file, so that when we get our house sold, and venture into buying our Villages home, we get the right help. I am sure you helped many of us out here on the fringes of joining you all in person.

Thank you again, Lee and Richard from Tampa.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.