Destined to Fail

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Sage
Default Destined to Fail

Read that Talbots will be opening a store in Spanish Springs.

IMHO, big mistake-of all the 3 town squares-the demographics of Spanish Springs does not represent a typical Talbots' customer, age and disposable income are not that of a typical Talbot's customer.

To be blunt--people who frequent Spanish Springs are too old and too cheap to buy what Talbot's sells

They might have had a fighting chance if they opened a store in Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Veteran member

I guess Chico's must accept EBT from all these old, poor people since they've been thriving in SS for years catering to the same demographic.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:17 PM

What about Brownwood~ we need shops down south!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:19 PM
Sage

No comparison between Chico's & Talbots
Old 11-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post

IMHO, big mistake-of all the 3 town squares-the demographics of Spanish Springs does not represent a typical Talbots' customer, age and disposable income are not that of a typical Talbot's customer.

To be blunt--people who frequent Spanish Springs are too old and too cheap to buy what Talbot's sells

They might have had a fighting chance if they opened a store in Lake Sumter Landing.
I agree. I shopped at Talbots as a working woman in corporate america. They are pretty expensive for me now.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
No comparison between Chico's & Talbots
Actually, there is. Chico's even scores more expensive on comparable items. I guess if there's "no comparison", this site wouldn't have taken the time and effort to do so.
Talbots vs. Chico's: Side-by-Side Comparison
Old 11-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

You are judging people by where they live. You assume that people only go to the Square closest to them. You judge people's worth based on WHERE YOU think they live, what house they have. Some drink their money away, others would like to have nice clothes. Who are you to judge.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Sage

I'm judging people I see @ Spanish Springs--its 20 years older compared compared to Brownwood and 10 years older compared to Lake Sumter Landing

I go to MVP, the clientele @ the Spanish Springs MVP is definitely 20 years older than the Brownwood members

And,IMHO once a person gets past 80--they get real tight, money-wise
Old 11-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm judging people I see @ Spanish Springs--its 20 years older compared compared to Brownwood and 10 years older compared to Lake Sumter Landing.
And,IMHO once a person gets past 80--they get real tight, money-wise
I don't live in the SS area, but I'm willing to drive to Chico's occasionally to shop there.
People will also drive to Talbots if they like their clothes.

Last edited by Barefoot; 11-21-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

That is sure a tabloidy title on this thread.

I don't think it is right.

Major retail chains know how to do their homework. Ever noticed how stores of the same type are found close to each other? Foot traffic. Chicos and Talbots together will increase foot traffic for both I bet.

Also, don't ever kid yourself about who has how much when it comes to money. Where I come from, people never talk about how much money they have. It is considered to be unseemly to do so. (That's the truth, but actually and also, I just wanted to use that word 'unseemly' because I like it.)

(I just wish they would add Ann Taylor because I can sometimes wear a size smaller there and they have skinny-fying mirrors.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-21-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
You are judging people by where they live. You assume that people only go to the Square closest to them. You judge people's worth based on WHERE YOU think they live, what house they have. Some drink their money away, others would like to have nice clothes. Who are you to judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
That is sure a tabloidy title on this thread.

I don't think it is right.

Major retail chains know how to do their homework. Ever noticed how stores of the same type are found close to each other? Foot traffic. Chicos and Talbots together will increase foot traffic for both I bet.

Also, don't ever kid yourself about who has how much when it comes to money. Where I come from, people never talk about how much money they have.......or act like they have. It is considered to be unseemly to do so. (That's the truth, but actually and also, I just wanted to use that word 'unseemly' because I like it.)

(I just wish they would add Ann Taylor because I can sometimes wear a size smaller there and they have skinny-fying mirrors.)

Boomer
Old 11-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:

Chatbrat: Perhaps your assessment is correct; albeit I would not have expressed it in quite those terms. The vast majority of people living in The Villages are living on a fixed income. They have established their financial priorities. It has nothing to do with being too cheap or what part of town they reside. Some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Talbots did their research which included the area's disposable income, demographics and the area's rowth potential in and around the surrounding area of The Villages
Old 11-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Chatbrat: Perhaps your assessment is correct; albeit I would not have expressed it in quite those terms. The vast majority of people living in The Villages are living on a fixed income. They have established their financial priorities. It has nothing to do with being too cheap or what part of town they reside. Some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Talbots did their research which included the area's disposable income, demographics and the area's rowth potential in and around the surrounding area of The Villages
Fixed income doesn't mean low income.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:21 PM

You drive to MVP, what makes you think people who are much richer on the south end won't drive to SS to shop at Talbot's?
Old 11-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

I'm in the South and I won't shop there.

Closed Thread

Tags
talbots, springs, spanish, customer, typical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.