Developer owned utility to be sold to TV for .5M

Developer owned utility to be sold to TV for $98.5M

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 10-22-2019, 04:27 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
The property tax value of my house is not based on "the valuation discussed herein reflects a projection of annual revenues net of projected annual expenses such that projected annual income is calculated for 33 years (FY 2019 thru FY 2052)."
Yes, I understand that. But I am still struggling to reconcile how a house with a value of roughly $300 thousand pays about $3 thousand a year in property taxes and an entity with a market value of roughly $98.5 million pays under $4 thousand a year in property taxes. That would seem to imply that the entity with a $98.5 million market value is only accessed for taxes at about $400 thousand. That's a very large disconnect between accessed value and market value. The value difference seems way to good to be real for the property owner, or maybe not considering the current owner?
The Following User Says Thank You to tophcfa For This Useful Post:

Old 10-22-2019, 05:14 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Yes, I understand that. But I am still struggling to reconcile how a house with a value of roughly $300 thousand pays about $3 thousand a year in property taxes and an entity with a market value of roughly $98.5 million pays under $4 thousand a year in property taxes. That would seem to imply that the entity with a $98.5 million market value is only accessed for taxes at about $400 thousand. That's a very large disconnect between accessed value and market value. The value difference seems way to good to be real for the property owner, or maybe not considering the current owner?

Utility costs are pass-thru costs. Rates are based on costs. So, you should be cheering property tax expenditures are low

Old 10-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Utility costs are pass-thru costs. Rates are based on costs. So, you should be cheering property tax expenditures are low

Does that imply that utility providers are subject to a different mill rate and/or accessment process than other residential or commercial property owners? Just trying to understand how an entity with an appraised value of roughly 98.5 million is only accessed at about 400 thousand? I know we all wish our homes were accesses at 4/10 of 1% of their market values, how sweet would that be! And the property in question is not my utility provider in District 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to tophcfa For This Useful Post:

Tags
true, asset, build, depreciable, unmentionable