Developer taking back championship golf and Daily Sun

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2018, 10:29 AM
Default A very good thing

I have lived on a championship golf course for 17 years, Glenview, it used to be beautiful before the mgmt group took it over, it has gone down hill for many years not with trees not being replaced, weeds growing everywhere, brush growing, etc, even lack of repair in a timely way of sink holes, I for one am thrilled the developer is taking back control. I have already noticed that they are working on the course, fixing sink holes after 4 months, spraying for weeds, etc. Very good.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:36 PM

Yep….. Unicorns for sure...LOL ! Keep on Believin'...
Old 11-26-2018, 06:41 PM

What great news to hear !
Old 11-27-2018, 10:36 AM

I was a bit curious this past Summer when Mark M. was presiding over the Developers Annual Presentation. He kept holding up a copy of the Daily Sun. I was puzzled....now I know!
Old 11-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
I was a bit curious this past Summer when Mark M. was presiding over the Developers Annual Presentation. He kept holding up a copy of the Daily Sun. I was puzzled....now I know!
They always owned it, just didn't run it.....now taking a more active control. The Morse's own, control, are on the Boards of over 40 Companies which is one of the reasons this place looks and feels as it does, they do their best to maintain the culture and the expectations. There are a minority here that doesn't like that but so far they are in the minority

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-27-2018, 01:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
They always owned it, just didn't run it.....now taking a more active control. The Morse's own, control, are on the Boards of over 40 Companies which is one of the reasons this place looks and feels as it does, they do their best to maintain the culture and the expectations. There are a minority here that doesn't like that but so far they are in the minority
I would surmise that is a very small minority. I can understand the discomfort with a single entity having that much control, but the way they have developed and maintained TV so far, is beyond exemplary. Anyone that has visited other similar (none quite equal IMO) 55 plus communities, can attest that most are very inferior and not nearly as well managed and maintained. Del Webb is one that does a good job, but their developments are not on the scale of TV. As long as the Morse family continues to provide the kind of environment that they have, and continue to, create, I'll gladly overlook the "big brother" aspect of their management.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:28 PM

Ethical Journalism? Isn't that the unicorn? I got my Journalism degree back in the 80's, worked in TV and Radio newsrooms and I must say the profession has not Evolved, it has Devolved since then. My J-teachers and former mentors would not believe the circus performers that "reporters" have become today. I don't watch or listen to the broadcast news anymore, I do appreciate having the Daily Sun to read and I think they do a good job. If they don't cover bad news about The Developers, maybe that's because there isn't any. Do you know of any? I don't. I applaud the quality of management and the excellence of our Village lifestyle; whatever The Developers do, they do extremely well, and I don't see any reason to nit-pick.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, villages, sun, daily, developer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.