Developer under criminal investigation for possible elections fraud

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2020, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Not their first brush with the law. Some years ago they were fined for shooting endangered animals. Should have gone to jail.
This is a serious charge, election fraud, which it was. Time to get their comeuppance and show they are not above the law.
That is not what happened. They were NOT fined for shooting endangered animals. They felled an animal on their land in the Western state they use for hunting and did not use it for food or dispose of it. Someone reported it.

Nothing came of it.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
As a result of the use of "fake" candidates to disenfranchise voters in last August's Republican primary, the Developer (along with the "fake" candidates and the incumbents whom the "fake" candidates were helping) are under criminal investigation by the FDLE for possible elections fraud. Not a word about it in the Daily Sun. For details, see today's on-line newspaper.
Advogado. Are you involved with running the POA?
Old 11-25-2020, 08:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Advogado. Are you involved with running the POA?
No.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:59 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is not what happened. They were NOT fined for shooting endangered animals. They felled an animal on their land in the Western state they use for hunting and did not use it for food or dispose of it. Someone reported it.

Nothing came of it.
ACTUAL FELONIES CHARGED
Morse and his wife, their daughter and five others are accused of 18 wildlife violations during hunting excursions during the past four years on Morse property in Montana. The charges include the illegal killing or possession of elk, deer and other wildlife.
One ranch manager told investigators he was revolted by Rainey's refusal to track what was clearly a mortally wounded elk and kill it so the animal would not suffer. The manager, Toby Griffith, also got into a "tense and heated" dispute with Rainey, part owner of the Wolf Mountain Ranch with Morse, over Rainey shooting several elk in one day.

Last edited by John41; 11-25-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I suspect that some will take their hatred of the Morse Family to their grave.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-25-2020, 09:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I’m going to setup and monetize ihatethemorses.com
Old 11-25-2020, 09:53 PM
John41

Quote:
Yes I hate cruelty to animals.

remembering the outpouring of Villagers who defeated the puppet commissioners I think you are in the small minority that believes the rich don’t follow the rules of the little people

so sad some lack empathy
Old 11-25-2020, 09:56 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
I’m going to setup and monetize ihatethemorses.com
better ikissuptothemorses.com

the term is syncophant
Old 11-25-2020, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,926 Times in 2,452 Posts

Quote:
Yes I hate cruelty to animals.

remembering the outpouring of Villagers who defeated the puppet commissioners I think you are in the small minority that believes the rich don’t follow the rules of the little people

so sad some lack empathy
I agree, no reason to kill animals for sport especially if you’re not starving or have no choice. I would have to be starving before I would shoot deer 🦌.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,076 Times in 2,743 Posts

They got connections and friends in very high places, the investigation will result in nothing. More importantly, perhaps this will be a wake up call that once you start prioritizing maximizing profits over your clients best interests, the clients will start to demand reasonable checks and balances over ultimate control of things. Time will tell? Stay tuned!

Last edited by tophcfa; 11-25-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:55 AM
Sage

I believe they were fined for not having proper licenses, and also for shooting anikmals and leaving their corpses to rot
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-26-2020, 06:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Read the article and reread but could not find where it said, "the Developer", was part of the investigation. Where in the article does it specifically state "the Developer" is part of the investigation. Just looking for truth and facts.
I don’t remember it saying “The Developer,” either. My understanding is that the alleged purpose was not to disenfranchise voters but to make it so only Republicans could vote in a Republican primary for those specific offices, instead of letting Democrats and Independents also vote for them IN THE PRIMARY because the incumbents were running unopposed. I don’t think the men in question actually changed parties. I may be confused, but wasn’t one of them the President of the Republican Club at the time? I think there had to be Republican opposition in the primary in order to say that it was actually a Republican primary, and so closed to those not registered as Republicans. All registered voters of every party got to vote in the general election.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
better ikissuptothemorses.com

the term is syncophant
I have no feelings one way or the other about the Morses. I like what they have created and therefore chose to live here. If I got to the point where I disliked them for whatever reason, I would leave. Why don’t you do the same?
Old 11-26-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Same with the lovers, also, it would seem!
Old 11-26-2020, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
I don’t remember it saying “The Developer,” either. My understanding is that the alleged purpose was not to disenfranchise voters but to make it so only Republicans could vote in a Republican primary for those specific offices, instead of letting Democrats and Independents also vote for them IN THE PRIMARY because the incumbents were running unopposed. I don’t think the men in question actually changed parties. I may be confused, but wasn’t one of them the President of the Republican Club at the time? I think there had to be Republican opposition in the primary in order to say that it was actually a Republican primary, and so closed to those not registered as Republicans. All registered voters of every party got to vote in the general election.
The primary was always the Republican primary. The incumbents were not running unopposed, there were Republicans running against them in the Republican primary.

When there were no other parties running in the general election (no Democrats and no Independents) then the Republican primary would ultimately be choosing the winner and so all voters could vote in that primary.

For another candidate to run in the general election they had to register as something other than Republican. All Republican candidates would have been part of the Republican primary. I believe the two candidates in question registered as Independent in order to get into the general election.

Once there were other candidates for the general election the Republican primary would not be ultimately choosing the winner. There would be at least two candidates on the general election, on Republican and one Independent, so voters would have a choice. Since there would be a choice on the general election, the Republican primary was then open to only Republican voters and not all voters.

Adding the Independent candidate on the general election closed to Republican primary to anyone not a Republican. That is when people began changing their affiliation to Republican in order to be able to vote.

It wasn't clear to me from the article who is being investigated. Is it the two candidates who changed affiliation to register for the general election, block the non-Republicans from voting in the primary, then withdrew as soon as the primary was over? Is it some group that encouraged or funded the two candidates to make this move? Could it possibly be some of the voters who changed affiliation only to be able to vote in a primary and then maybe changed back as soon as the primary was over? It will be interesting to see how all this works out.
Closed Thread

Tags
fake, candidates, developer, fraud, elections

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.