What is the story with the Lopez driving range?

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Founder
Default What is the story with the Lopez driving range?

I planned dinner out with my wife to be home in time to get to the driving range. Once home, I jumped in the cart and went to Lopez arriving at 7:25. On the ball dispenser was a sign that said "7:30 a.m. til dusk." But................there was a metal cover and a big ole pad lock on the dispenser. The sun was high in the sky. There was still over an hour of bright daylight. I was really disappointed, as I have my league tomorrow morning and I need to work out some (lots) of bugs. > :realmad: I was not the only customer left without.....ah.....ball......ah....practice balls.

Is Lopez under new management? What gives?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Founder
Default Re: What is the story with the Lopez driving range?

Well, I got my answer. I talked to the manger of Lopez golf course this morning. The ball dispenser is locked when the last ambassador leaves (ususally around 7:30) The reason is that people have been vandalizing the machine. Such as putting super glue into the mechanism. Not once, but many times. They have also been vandalizing the rest rooms. Gluing the hinges and toilet seats and locks.
We need a police department in the Villages.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: What is the story with the Lopez driving range?

A one word super-glue fix.....acetone. A quick squirt and it's gone. You might want to suggest that.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.