Diamond lanes

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts
Default Diamond lanes

Ok, anybody know where to find the rules to park in diamond lane on busy street? Got someone permanently parking pickup in diamond lane on busy street 24-7. Has nice big driveway but refuses to park truck in it. I know some temporary park in them for few hours but, weeks on end kind of obnoxious.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Sounds like a phone call to the Sheriff or Wildwood Police since they are responsible for enforcement.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-10-2019, 03:35 PM

My thought is that it would be a traffic hazard to park in the diamond lane and would thus be illegal. The diamond lane is not wide enough to hold an auto, SuV, or truck, so part of the truck would stick out into the regular traffic lane, impeding safe traffic flow. Also none of the diamond lanes that I have traveled in are on streets that driveways actually open up on the street with the diamond lane. A call to the sheriff's department would seem to be in order.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Ok, anybody know where to find the rules to park in diamond lane on busy street? Got someone permanently parking pickup in diamond lane on busy street 24-7. Has nice big driveway but refuses to park truck in it. I know some temporary park in them for few hours but, weeks on end kind of obnoxious.
Is the diamond lane the golf cart lane?
Old 09-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Where is this? .... never seen a diamond lane that runs in front of a driveway but haven't been everywhere ... unless the guy is parking in back of his house.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Is the diamond lane the golf cart lane?
It’s bicycle/ golf cart/ walking lane, anything other than 🚗

Yes the are some diamond lanes in front of houses with straight driveways. This one in particular is way up north that can lead out to the big yellow church. Temporary parking not problem happens about everywhere. But, the truck sets there weeks on end.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Where is this? .... never seen a diamond lane that runs in front of a driveway but haven't been everywhere ... unless the guy is parking in back of his house.

Way up north, leads out to big yellow church and souliaire village
Old 09-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Way up north, leads out to big yellow church and souliaire village
Are you talking about USA. Don't know of big yellow church or souliaire village .
Old 09-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Platinum member

You do not see it very often, but there are a few streets where the street has a golf cart lane that runs in front of houses. The streets Southern Trace and Woodbridge Dr in the village of Polo Ridge are two examples.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:24 PM
KittyKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Are you talking about USA. Don't know of big yellow church or soulliaire village .
I just saw it today on my way back from Ocala. It's the new village they built NW(?) of Chatham Village off of CR 42. The one they built on the East end is Phillips Village.

OP, I see 2 violations here. 1) Parking in a designated golf cart lane 2) Parking more than 24 hours in street. I would call the office of Community Standards--751-3912 or Community Watch--753-0550 or Marion County Sheriff--732-9111. I know there have been problems like this before on regular neighborhood streets & not much could be done but since this is a diamond lane, I think it would be against our deeds & restrictions. We're not even supposed to be parking in our driveways.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:40 AM
Veteran member

FYI: The Diamonds that are on the roads are nothing more than a " Survey " marker used for Aerial Survey.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:21 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Might be considered an illegal front yard ornament that should be anonymously reported to CDD
Old 09-13-2019, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
FYI: The Diamonds that are on the roads are nothing more than a " Survey " marker used for Aerial Survey.
Not true.

The diamond in a lane in Florida indicates that the lane is a special lane in one way or another, to be used by a limited number of vehicles. An example is a ride sharing lane, where vehicles with only a driver are not permitted. In TV the diamond designates a lane to be shared by golf carts, bicycles, skaters, pedestrians, etc., but not automobiles.

There are other types of diamond lanes also. And all have the diamonds on the lanes to designate them as such to the users of the lanes. Roadside signs or additional lane markings provide specifics regarding restrictions to the diamond lane usage.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
I just saw it today on my way back from Ocala. It's the new village they built NW(?) of Chatham Village off of CR 42. The one they built on the East end is Phillips Village.

OP, I see 2 violations here. 1) Parking in a designated golf cart lane 2) Parking more than 24 hours in street. I would call the office of Community Standards--751-3912 or Community Watch--753-0550 or Marion County Sheriff--732-9111. I know there have been problems like this before on regular neighborhood streets & not much could be done but since this is a diamond lane, I think it would be against our deeds & restrictions. We're not even supposed to be parking in our driveways.
In CYV the streets are not wide enough for street parking most villas require vehicles in the driveway or garage
Closed Thread

Tags
park, diamond, busy, street, lane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.