Did the Home Show tour south of 44!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Edward III Edward III is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: The Villages
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Did the Home Show tour south of 44!

Lots of beautiful new homes in Linden and Marsh Bend. pleasant Villages employees and sales agents. Learned from sales agents there are no plans for any Premier homes south of 44. Just stretched and heavily optioned designer homes. Toured a Bridgeport model, large lanai and pool priced at $829,000............................but. Rear property line abuts the parking lot, with Parking spaces for Edna’s directly behind the pool and lanai, food truck cooking smell and noise from the area makes you wonder what were they thinking? The rest of the homes along that side of Lowlands were very nice, land costs alone for these homes were about $200k-$240k.
  #2  
Old 12-11-2019, 09:14 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,573
Thanks: 3,369
Thanked 3,206 Times in 1,113 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward III View Post
Lots of beautiful new homes in Linden and Marsh Bend. pleasant Villages employees and sales agents. Learned from sales agents there are no plans for any Premier homes south of 44. Just stretched and heavily optioned designer homes. Toured a Bridgeport model, large lanai and pool priced at $829,000............................but. Rear property line abuts the parking lot, with Parking spaces for Edna’s directly behind the pool and lanai, food truck cooking smell and noise from the area makes you wonder what were they thinking? The rest of the homes along that side of Lowlands were very nice, land costs alone for these homes were about $200k-$240k.
So far what they were thinking has been very successful. AND SELLS.

Where did the sales rep say they WILL build Premiers??
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-11-2019 at 09:21 PM.
  #3  
Old 12-11-2019, 09:38 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,492 Times in 489 Posts
Default

There was an Ivy in Marsh Bend for $823,000 with no pool and a golf car path right off the lanai. This is why the original designers on good water front lots that sold in the low $400,000's 30 months ago are going in the $600,000 range today
  #4  
Old 12-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Rosebud2020 Rosebud2020 is offline
Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 37
Thanks: 35
Thanked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward III View Post
Lots of beautiful new homes in Linden and Marsh Bend. pleasant Villages employees and sales agents. Learned from sales agents there are no plans for any Premier homes south of 44. Just stretched and heavily optioned designer homes. Toured a Bridgeport model, large lansounds like some poor planningai and pool priced at $829,000............................but. Rear property line abuts the parking lot, with Parking spaces for Edna’s directly behind the pool and lanai, food truck cooking smell and noise from the area makes you wonder what were they thinking? The rest of the homes along that side of Lowlands were very nice, land costs alone for these homes were about $200k-$240k.

I have to agree with you. It will be interesting to see how long this property remains on the market.

The Bridgeport is a great floorplan and even nicer than many of the premier houses, but what you have described sounds like some pretty poor site planning for such an expensive house regardless of what the upgrades are.
  #5  
Old 12-11-2019, 11:33 PM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 2,386
Thanks: 1,013
Thanked 2,289 Times in 713 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward III View Post
Lots of beautiful new homes in Linden and Marsh Bend. pleasant Villages employees and sales agents. Learned from sales agents there are no plans for any Premier homes south of 44. Just stretched and heavily optioned designer homes. Toured a Bridgeport model, large lanai and pool priced at $829,000............................but. Rear property line abuts the parking lot, with Parking spaces for Edna’s directly behind the pool and lanai, food truck cooking smell and noise from the area makes you wonder what were they thinking? The rest of the homes along that side of Lowlands were very nice, land costs alone for these homes were about $200k-$240k.
Confused by the land cost, more than what we paid for our home a little under 5 years ago? We bought our home, modest but very nice, land included for less than $200 K. Our home is on a nice piece of land, it's on a road with very little traffic, in a great location, and our home abuts a nature preserve so we have a very nice private back yard (which we built a beautiful pool/birdcage on). How can land alone be worth what's stated above unless it is a huge lot with total privacy and is on a lake or Championship golf course (which is currently impossible south of 44)? That certainly can not be the price of land that abuts a parking lot with food trucks operating out of it?
  #6  
Old 12-12-2019, 04:43 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,573
Thanks: 3,369
Thanked 3,206 Times in 1,113 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Confused by the land cost, more than what we paid for our home a little under 5 years ago? We bought our home, modest but very nice, land included for less than $200 K. Our home is on a nice piece of land, it's on a road with very little traffic, in a great location, and our home abuts a nature preserve so we have a very nice private back yard (which we built a beautiful pool/birdcage on). How can land alone be worth what's stated above unless it is a huge lot with total privacy and is on a lake or Championship golf course (which is currently impossible south of 44)? That certainly can not be the price of land that abuts a parking lot with food trucks operating out of it?
If it sells, it IS the price of land that "abuts a parking lot with food trucks operating out of it."

This country is in a really good economic position right now due to a lot of factors. Homes in The Villages are greatly sought after and selling well. A home is worth what it sold for. New homes are very, very much desired here.

It appears we all made a wise business decision to buy here. A rising tide lifts all ships.

It's the high road. A bonnie place to be. Some folks will be in McClure afore ye.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #7  
Old 12-12-2019, 08:27 AM
PaulDenise PaulDenise is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 217
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

We also did the tour yesterday.

One of those lots was actually a $299k upcharge.

The Bridgeport is now even nicer. They got rid of the entire wall between the living room and the kitchen. So the huge kitchen is now completely open to the living area. They also now have what looks like a 12 person rectangular breakfast bar/ island. Very dramatic.
  #8  
Old 12-12-2019, 11:41 AM
OhioBuckeye OhioBuckeye is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 947
Thanks: 0
Thanked 161 Times in 128 Posts
Default Ohiobuckeye

I really don’t see why all the concern about what TV build south of 44. It there problem what they build & sell. They’re the ones putting up the money to build TV what it is today! To me Premier homes just means higher taxes. But interesting comment to see what TV residents say!
  #9  
Old 12-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Robbie0723 Robbie0723 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 688
Thanks: 475
Thanked 367 Times in 173 Posts
Default

There was an brochure in one of the homes stating there are more than 1,000 requests for rentals than inventory available.

Obviously they can help manage investment property.
  #10  
Old 12-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Moderator's Avatar
Moderator Moderator is offline
TOTV Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 20,729
Thanks: 10
Thanked 336 Times in 136 Posts
Default

The topic is the model new home tour going on right now in villages south of 44.

One post started in on the "Fenney bashing" and many followed to support or defend that position. These posts were removed as off topic.

Moderator
  #11  
Old 12-12-2019, 03:47 PM
npwalters's Avatar
npwalters npwalters is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 621 Times in 171 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
There was an brochure in one of the homes stating there are more than 1,000 requests for rentals than inventory available.

Obviously they can help manage investment property.
Probably true for DEC thru MAR.
__________________
Pam&Nick
  #12  
Old 12-12-2019, 03:58 PM
tghoul tghoul is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

In the brochure they handed out they said be prepared to be "wowed" by the display homes in Marsh Bend. As pointed out the back lanais had a nice view and half had pools. The interior did not wow me. Most of the bedrooms had carpet, the closets were not that large and only a few had a custom organization system. I did not see any with plantation shutters or crown molding.
  #13  
Old 12-12-2019, 05:11 PM
kcrazorbackfan's Avatar
kcrazorbackfan kcrazorbackfan is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 2,903
Thanks: 133
Thanked 898 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
The topic is the model new home tour going on right now in villages south of 44.

One post started in on the "Fenney bashing" and many followed to support or defend that position. These posts were removed as off topic.

Moderator
__________________
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
  #14  
Old 12-12-2019, 05:30 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,068
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,396 Times in 528 Posts
Default

As a friend in the auto industry once told me, there is a butt for every seat. Wife took the tour today and found some new features that impressed, the butler pantry and one of the pools. Since we aren't moving I wasn't totally tuned in to her comments but she did like most of the floor plans.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #15  
Old 12-12-2019, 05:51 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,492 Times in 489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
In the brochure they handed out they said be prepared to be "wowed" by the display homes in Marsh Bend. As pointed out the back lanais had a nice view and half had pools. The interior did not wow me. Most of the bedrooms had carpet, the closets were not that large and only a few had a custom organization system. I did not see any with plantation shutters or crown molding.
True, a lot of the extra bedrooms had only 1/2 wall closets, some of the masters also had minimal closet space. The plantation shutters and crown molding appear to be a thing of the past and they are not seen in most of the models. We always had the moldings but when we bought down here it just didn't seem like it added anything to the interior as most of these are a tad on the contemporary side. My two favorites in Marsh Bend were the Linden and Ivy models. In the Ivy they moved the counter back closer to the appliances and eliminated the island giving more room to the living area but a lot less room and working space in the kitchen, I would prefer more room in the kitchen.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, pool, parking, lanai, agents

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.