Did you know that Outback provides charging stations for electric golf carts?

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Platinum member
Default Did you know that Outback provides charging stations for electric golf carts?

Thanks Carla for pointing out the new web site for the Village of Duval. One item on their web site caught my attention this morning, "Did you know that Outback provides charging stations for electric golf carts?????"

This may be the beginning of a movement among Village restaurants to attract business. Anyone aware of other places offering this convenience?

Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Default Re: Did you know that Outback provides charging stations for electric golf carts?

Yes, the Outback does have a charging station, but you must have a cart with a built-in charger (at least that's what my husband says).
Old 05-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Default Re: Did you know that Outback provides charging stations for electric golf carts?

Great idea but you really do need an on board charger or, I guess you could carry your charger with you. A little heavy but better than pushing. ;D

I also noticed that the CVS on 466 has a number of 110 volt outlets on the outside wall facing the parking spaces. Up north they would be for plugging in your radiator heater. Do you suppose we could plug in our cart charger??? :dontknow:
Old 03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Billkics
Default What about fast chargers?

Would it be a benefit with the expansion of The Villages to have fast charging stations located throughout the community? Also if these stations could be located with GPS for convenience and trip planning, would that also be a benefit? I ask because well... I do this for a living. If anyone thinks this would be a good idea please let know. I would like to contact the local board of directors or the local municipality to propose the idea. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billkics View Post
Would it be a benefit with the expansion of The Villages to have fast charging stations located throughout the community? Also if these stations could be located with GPS for convenience and trip planning, would that also be a benefit? I ask because well... I do this for a living. If anyone thinks this would be a good idea please let know. I would like to contact the local board of directors or the local municipality to propose the idea. Thanks!
I have ALWAYS thought this would be a good idea and have wondered why it isn't already in place. Go for it and approach the powers that be.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Thanks Carla for pointing out the new web site for the Village of Duval. One item on their web site caught my attention this morning, "Did you know that Outback provides charging stations for electric golf carts?????"

This may be the beginning of a movement among Village restaurants to attract business. Anyone aware of other places offering this convenience?
Columbia Par Cars have onboard chargers.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Platinum member

I don't think all carts require the same charging voltage. This would be a problem unless, as mentioned previously, you carry your own charger and plug it in to a 110 vac recept.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Default Golf cart charging stations

Great idea. Recepticles paid for with dollars or CC's would be great. I have a Gem with an on board charger. Chargers are probably easy to install on any cart.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post

Yes Florida and many business's in conjunction with Clean Communities. Fla is going to be the number one state friendly to Alternative Electric Vehicles. From Golf Carts to Nissan Leafs Volts etc.

You will see McDonalds Home Depot's Lowes Hampton Inns Airports etc come available.

The Villages could install charging stations that look like parking meters. They would supply free wi-fi and also scroll advertising across a panel. TV could give the electricity away free or let you swipe a charge ( LOL) card for service.

At home you can have your own 240 system and tell your car or cart to charge at night at much cheaper rates.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Default Please Eat Very Slowly

Not certain about "charge" times, but I would eat very slowly. And I suspect, the "gas" advocates might not support a wide-spread acceptance of a charge everywhere policy.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Gold member
Default Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post
Not certain about "charge" times, but I would eat very slowly. And I suspect, the "gas" advocates might not support a wide-spread acceptance of a charge everywhere policy.
Not going to have a option. And as I type some companies are looking at charging stations at their Gas stations.

To many wings and ribs can help with the improve the natural gas at outback!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post
If there were charging stations located around TV, I would be more inclined to go with and electric cart and get rid of the gas cart. That was and is one of the selling features of the gas carts. You don't run out of juice as quickly as the electric carts. When we were looking around TV for our home, I asked the realtor if there were charging stations and was told that there were not.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Gold member
Default Range

Most carts will get a range of 35 miles with no problem. And some up to 50.

I just do not understand why range anxiety is a problem? People that do not charge their carts at night properly or have depleted their batteries down to the point of non function are the one's running out of juice.

I am telling all that soon a Gas powered cart will have the same appeal as a smoker sitting next to your grand kids blowing toxic fumes.

As I have stated before. If the Gas Carts were emission controlled to emit air cleaner than what came in like our modern automobiles than I would buy one. Fuel injection is a start but not the total answer.

If I have take a golf cart farther than a 35-40 mile trip forget it. I'm going to be in my Truck Car Van Prius Smart Car or what ever.

Now there are some people that because of pace makers etc cannot be near a electric vehicle or so I have been told?

Yet for the rest of us New Residents a statement of clean environmental responsibility can be made by buying a EV. We do not have to give up our Gas Cars Trucks Motorcycles Boats Lawnmowers etc.

Why not think about having just one ( 1) Clean Quite Non Polluting golf cart. More residents with more electric's will bring more charging stations.

Tomberlin'
EZ-Go
Club Car
Yamaha
Etc

In a battery version. And the argument of having to replace batteries every four years?

Well take 35 miles per day at 5 days per week * 12 months per year at 40 mpg paying $4 per gallon.

Hmmmmm you can buy batteries cheaper after 4 years than the fuel. And thats not counting oil changes and other service.

But I respect all that have to have that Gas Cart. It's a free country for all to choose what they feel best with..

I do not expect many to agree with me. Give me a four gas analyzer your gas cart compared to your car and 20 min of time and you would gasp. My lawn mower produces more carbon monoxide and raw HC than my Chevrolet V8 truck! Now take 50k Gas carts all belching chugga chugga pop banging and you have a perfect storm for a inhaler Asthma Day.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post

Most carts will get a range of 35 miles with no problem. And some up to 50.
I just do not understand why range anxiety is a problem? People that do not charge their carts at night properly or have depleted their batteries down to the point of non function are the one's running out of juice.

I am telling all that soon a Gas powered cart will have the same appeal as a smoker sitting next to your grand kids blowing toxic fumes. Why not think about having just one ( 1) Clean Quite Non Polluting golf cart. More residents with more electric's will bring more charging stations.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

What is the cost for the electricity that is used to charge a golf cart for average use?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.