Lt Dan Band Coming To Sumter Landing

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2019, 06:28 AM
Default Lt Dan Band Coming To Sumter Landing

Other than a VillageNews article dated August 10, 2019, cannot find any other mention.

"Emmy-award-winning actor Gary Sinise is preparing to return to The Villages and this time he’s bringing along some friends – the other 12 members of his popular Lt. Dan Band. Sinise, a huge supporter of veterans, and his band will perform a free concert on Oct. 27 at Lake Sumter Landing Market Square."

What say you?
Old 10-12-2019, 06:36 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

posted 6/27/2019

Lt. Dan Band Lake Sumter Oct 27th

UPCOMING EVENTS | Villagersforveterans

I will help post the colors with the Vietnam Veterans of America color guard. There will be three other color guard units with us all participating at the same time. Some old bird dogs will fly over the waters of Lake Sumter at dusk.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 10-12-2019 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

We will be there in our finest red/white/blue!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:56 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

I've got a ticket for the special seating for Vets and First Responders.
Steve
Old 10-12-2019, 08:06 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

Good luck with this. I would love to attend, but... they announced 1000 seats reserved for vets, and as soon as they announced it, they were sold out. So, in Sumter Landing, there will be 1000 vets, and that won't leave a lot of room left over for others to see the band. The Polo field would have been a better venue. It's just going to be way too crowded.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

I hope he gets a very warm welcome. He does great work for our veterans.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
Good luck with this. I would love to attend, but... they announced 1000 seats reserved for vets, and as soon as they announced it, they were sold out. So, in Sumter Landing, there will be 1000 vets, and that won't leave a lot of room left over for others to see the band. The Polo field would have been a better venue. It's just going to be way too crowded.
There is still room for vets to attend but you will need to bring your own chairs. It is my understanding that a very large area is reserved for vets, police officers and first responders.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
There is still room for vets to attend but you will need to bring your own chairs. It is my understanding that a very large area is reserved for vets, police officers and first responders.
The only post I saw about seating for vets said you had to go to a specific website to get tickets. And they were sold out already. Meanwhile, there were continuing announcements on WVLG about getting tickets from that very website. I believe that the reserved vet seating is no longer available. If I am wrong, I'd love to find out how to get in for this.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

I got my ticket on Sept. 28th, I would think the preferred seating is "sold" out.
Steve
Old 10-13-2019, 05:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
The only post I saw about seating for vets said you had to go to a specific website to get tickets. And they were sold out already. Meanwhile, there were continuing announcements on WVLG about getting tickets from that very website. I believe that the reserved vet seating is no longer available. If I am wrong, I'd love to find out how to get in for this.
I was told that "There is still room for vets to attend but you will need to bring your own chairs. It is my understanding that a very large area is reserved for vets, police officers and first responders. "

Although I am 1st VP for Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1036 in the Villages, sometimes I am the last to know or get a little confused. It's my understanding that the reserve seating was for seats already set up in the square. If you bring your own seats and are a vet, police officer, first responder you will also get to place chairs in a large reserved area to view this event. Warning: It's an advertisement but also a way to talk to some people who know more than I about this fluid situation. Attend our VVA pancake breakfast at Bluefin in Brownwood this Saturday. More info found here->
VVA Chapter 1036 - Home

I will also know more on Saturday as I will be there. Just wish it was a flyin breakfast.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 10-13-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
band, sinise, dan, landing, sumter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.