Digital Villages resident ID

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2020, 10:55 AM
Default Digital Villages resident ID

Anyone know if there are any plans for a digital ID for the phone so we don’t have to carry around the physical ID.

Or is a picture on your phone of your ID sufficient for pools, recreation centers etc.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
Anyone know if there are any plans for a digital ID for the phone so we don’t have to carry around the physical ID.

Or is a picture on your phone of your ID sufficient for pools, recreation centers etc.
I think this is a good suggestion, Apple iPhones have a Wallet already and it can hold boarding tickets for airlines. So I think the Villages could come up with something. I think a photo would work for the scanners at the rec centers, but a minor problem might be sending a photo to non-Villagers. Good idea though.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,419 Times in 5,109 Posts

A photo of your ID card is not acceptable. You must present the actual ID card.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:34 AM

Not sure about future plans, I would vote a resounding YES!!!!
However we were told by one employee when we forgot ours at the pool that a picture of it was not accepted, couldn't hurt if in a bind, but try to more mindful. My personal issue with the picture is I can never find it on my phone unless I remember the date I took it.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post

I think that is a great idea. They should have both options, some people might not like using their phones like that. Some people don’t like putting too much personal stuff on their phones. And speaking of security in a way. I am wondering what the point is of having gates when they have it posted to “USE YOUR GATE CARD OR PRESS RED BUTTON TO ENTER”!! Anyone & Everyone can come in, so why have gates at all? I have heard about the “red” button duct didn’t think they would advertise it? Just wondering what the logic of that is?
Old 08-09-2020, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
I think that is a great idea. They should have both options, some people might not like using their phones like that. Some people don’t like putting too much personal stuff on their phones. And speaking of security in a way. I am wondering what the point is of having gates when they have it posted to “USE YOUR GATE CARD OR PRESS RED BUTTON TO ENTER”!! Anyone & Everyone can come in, so why have gates at all? I have heard about the “red” button duct didn’t think they would advertise it? Just wondering what the logic of that is?
Two responses. First, I agree they should always have the option of having an actual non digital ID. I for one do not like having my phone surgically attached to me. I rarely bring my phone with me unless I am expecting an important call. Carrying an ID in my money clip is way easier than lugging around a phone. I never bring my phone on a golf course. I am playing golf, not working, and it is extremely inconsiderate to fellow golfers to have your phone making noises while golfing.

Second, the gates have two important purposes. Most importantly, they help automobile and golf cart traffic co-exist. In many places, without the gates slowing cars, it would be very dangerous for golf carts. Also, the gates slow down cars so security cameras can get a picture of each cars license plate. If a crime is committed and a witness can identify an associated automobile, the owner of the vehicle
can be easily identified.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

I like the idea of digital village ID as acceptable beside the paper one. Gates are not for security but to slow cars to give golf carts a chance to get by, ie. Traffic control. Why do people keep thinking the gates are for security reasons?
Old 08-09-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Two responses. First, I agree they should always have the option of having an actual non digital ID. I for one do not like having my phone surgically attached to me. I rarely bring my phone with me unless I am expecting an important call. Carrying an ID in my money clip is way easier than lugging around a phone. I never bring my phone on a golf course. I am playing golf, not working, and it is extremely inconsiderate to fellow golfers to have your phone making noises while golfing.

Second, the gates have two important purposes. Most importantly, they help automobile and golf cart traffic co-exist. In many places, without the gates slowing cars, it would be very dangerous for golf carts. Also, the gates slow down cars so security cameras can get a picture of each cars license plate. If a crime is committed and a witness can identify an associated automobile, the owner of the vehicle
Oh Thank You I never thought about it that way regarding controlling the speed of cars versus golf carts. First time living in a golf cart community. And I did not realize pictures were being taken. Thanks for the info! ☺️
Old 08-09-2020, 03:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
It's to give the appearance of a gated community.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post

The entry gates could work like the exit ones. You have to slow down and come to crawl waiting for the gate to open, it would be just as effective as using a card.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

I vote for scamming chip to be installed under the skin.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
The entry gates could work like the exit ones. You have to slow down and come to crawl waiting for the gate to open, it would be just as effective as using a card.
Excellent suggestion.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I vote for scamming chip to be installed under the skin.
You don't have one?????
Old 08-09-2020, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
This is construction mode in the south and works great without using a card or button.

The card/button is redundant and an unnecessary expense.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You don't have one?????
Not for village ID
Closed Thread

Tags
guest, digital, phone, picture, sufficient

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.