Direct Hit on Golf Cart Windshield

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
No I do not think the golfer should pay for the broken window.
Are you a lawyer or part of the jury pool?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

Tried to have a trucking company pay for the stone picked up and skipped into my car windshield. No luck. seems like the same with a golf ball. owner of vehicle reponsible for replacement. With my florida auto insurance however, replacement of windshield was covered at no cost to me. Wonder if golf cart insurance (mine is the same as my auto and not under home owners) would also cover the replacement. Just thinking..........

Happy to hear no one was injured............
Old 01-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Gold member

No I am not a lawyer,or part of a jury pool. That is what insurance is for.Do you have insurance?He wanted to know if this right and I gave him my answer,more than you did.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Gold member

I travel that area frequently in my golf cart and have had a couple of close calls that have since prompted me to check out the tee box before I continue. If a group is on the 9th tee then I stop and wait until they finish hitting before I proceed. Once saw someone launch a tee shot into the north bound lane of Morse Blvd.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
BOMBERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
No I am not a lawyer,or part of a jury pool. That is what insurance is for.Do you have insurance?He wanted to know if this right and I gave him my answer,more than you did.
And the correct one too. Lots of people don't like that. IMHO.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post
Cruising back from an enjoyable round at Bonifay early this evening, we were passing the 9th hole on Havana that runs along the cart path on Morse. We were doing the max at 19 mph headed North. A golfer drilled a wicked hook that hit and shattered the windshield with terrific velocity. If the windshield was down, the golf ball would have done serious bodily damage or worse. SERIOUS SUGGESTION TO MY GOLFING FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS. KEEP YOUR CART WINDSHIELDS UP AT ALL TIMES. I know when its warm its nice to cruise with the wind in your face but an errant golf ball can ruin more then your day.

Now.....does anyone have experience or recommendations for replacing the windshield on a Yamaha cart? It's a split windshield....do both, top and bottom, have to be replaced as one unit? Thanks and be careful out there.
My mother-out-law took an errant drive on her chin, "pop",....it took a few stitches to close it up. My father out-law looked at her and said, "Do you mind if I finish this hole before we go to the hospital?"

A true romantic!.....he was a good man.

I bought a replacement wind-shield from an online vendor but I can't remember which one it was,....there are a lot of them.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 AM

Be careful also going north on BV cart path opposite Lake Miona Rec.
Center.
The back of my cart got hit by a ball hit from the third tee
box ( I think its the third tee box) of Virginia last year. Scared
me to death but the ball bounced off the cart and, maybe back
to the fairway, I dont know.
I have often thought that you have to be careful on path near the 9th fairway of Kenya and now I will always stop and wait if I see anyone on the
tee whether I am going north or south.
Glad no one got hurt in this instance.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Gold member

If there is a deductable is the victim supposed to pay it?
In reality, they're different!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Legally the cart owner has to pay for the repair, the golfer is not responsible. Morally the golfer should pay. If I did it, knew I did it, I would pay for a new windshield. Why can't people take responsibility for their actions. What ever happened to that? It's mostly whats gone wrong with this country.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Gold member

Sadly,I would think you would have to pay the deductable,unless you have no deductable on your policy. Same as a auto accident.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Thanks for the feedback. I contacted my insurance carrier and it sounds promising for coverage. Following up on replacement options.

I should have mentioned that the golfer did approach us as we got near the tee box. He was visibly distressed. I let him know I wasn't angry and suggested he aim a little right on his next tee shot. He seemed like a nice guy.

I will be traveling with the windshield up from now on. I cannot emphasize enough, the velocity of the ball at impact. The only image that comes to mind is the impact of an old, oversized .410 pumpkin ball slug. Be careful out there.

Thanks again for the feedback and good advice.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post
Cruising back from an enjoyable round at Bonifay early this evening, we were passing the 9th hole on Havana that runs along the cart path on Morse.
I'm confused! In checking the score card for Havana I find that the 9th hole is parallel to O'Dell, not Morse. The Havana club house and restaurant is between the 9th and Morse. How can you be hit by a golf ball on the golf cart trail along Morse from the ninth? What am I missing or... could you have mean't it was the 4th hole which is along side the golf cart trail between Colony Plaza and the Hadley gate?

http://www.golfatthevillages.com/cha...rds/HAVANA.pdf
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Sage

Sky...it's the 9th hole on the Kenya nine of Havana. You're thinking about the Kilamanjaro (sp) nine that ends just west of the clubhouse.

Another one to be careful is the 9th hole of Bacall that parallels Canal St. I had a golf ball bounce in the street and ding off my car one time. As someone else mentioned, I wait for anyone teeing up to hit before I proceed, especially if the wind is blowing east to west.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Sky...it's the 9th hole on the Kenya nine of Havana. You're thinking about the Kilamanjaro (sp) nine that ends just west of the clubhouse.
I think I understand now. Is the Kenya 9 on the left side of the GC trail heading north from O'dell and on the west side of Morse? If so I can then and say in my best Brittish accent... "by Jove, I think I've got it!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

The ninth hole of Bacall is a good place to get bonked on the noggin also. The tee box is right next to Canal St. and it's a par 4. A good long hook shot and it's "head's up" for driver's going by on Canal.

Putting the windshield down won't help you if you're going north on Canal because the ball is coming from behind.

It's a road I travel on often and I had one ball bounce low and hard off the sidewalk a couple of feet in front of my travel and barely miss hitting my cart.

I guess it's a risk we take.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.