Direct TV

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Gold member
Default Direct TV

Anyone else having reception issues with Direct TV today?
Old 07-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

No, it's been on all day and reception is fine. We're in the area around Seabreeze RC. Did you try to reset the box? Push the red button behind the door on the right side.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

If a simple reset of the Red Button does not work then try taking out the card near the Red Button and softly wiping it with a dry cloth and reinstalling the card in the same direction that you removed it in. There are some other tricks the service people have shown me over the years. The service is just great from Direct. They are a little screwy now that they are tied in with AT&T but basically still ok.

They just raised our bill from about $70 to about $130 or $140. I called and protested then called back again the next day with no positive change in the results. When I removed the boxes to return them and called Direct for the return containers that is when the reduced me back to $70. I must be losing my touch. I told them to go scratch, they lowered it to around $50 with the Yankees and Football good for 12 months. They were perfect before AT&T showed up.

I also found the gigantic old-school remotes on Amazon and they are $Cheaper$ but much better than the new little remotes.
Best TV option by far for us, we love 'em. Until next year.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Platinum member

Lost it completely had to reset the box. Now it does not list the shows.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Lost it completely had to reset the box. Now it does not list the shows.

If you did a FULL RESET from the menu you're SOL, if you just either power cycled or "red-button reset" or "soft reboot" that's another story. If you are referring to GUIDE DATA that will come back after a few hours, if you are referring to recorded shows that's another story.

(former DirecTV call-center tech support trainer in a previous life but also a customer for many years)
Old 07-13-2018, 07:01 PM
Gold member

Thanks for replies. After posting I did a little more digging and discovered problem only with my DVR receiver. Called Direct TV tech service and they offered to send a tech out at my cost seeing I did not have the “insurance package”.I told them I would change service to Xfinity before I paid anything. They agreed to update both my receivers and dish at no cost and no contract. I think the pendulum is starting to swing in favor of consumers when it comes to cable and satellite suppliers.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:51 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Doing a lot of research on streaming services and I like what I am finding. Come Oct 1st I will be cutting the cable tv, telephone, but keeping the high speed internet for the streaming. Roku rocks!!!!!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Thanks for replies. After posting I did a little more digging and discovered problem only with my DVR receiver. Called Direct TV tech service and they offered to send a tech out at my cost seeing I did not have the “insurance package”.I told them I would change service to Xfinity before I paid anything. They agreed to update both my receivers and dish at no cost and no contract. I think the pendulum is starting to swing in favor of consumers when it comes to cable and satellite suppliers.

I would be VERY CAREFUL when they tell you "no contract" on an equipment UPDATE (UPGRADE). You should call back to confirm before you have it done and have them send you that in an email. Seeing they are upgrading the dish your equipment must be pretty old (or you inherited an old dish).
Closed Thread

Tags
direct, today, issues, reception

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.