Dirty Glasses

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseylou5 View Post
Our dishwasher a GE does not clean our glasses. Does anyone else have a problem with that. I have used Finish and Cascade along with a Booster and nothing has helped.

Any suggestions except buying a new dishwasher?:
We have a GE Quiet Power 1 dishwasher and use Cascade Complete Action Pacs. Our dishes and glasses come out perfectly clean.
If we were having problems, we would consider a whole house filter installed by a licensed, insured plumber. But since all is fine, we'll keep going the way we have been.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Yes, that seems to be the general advice - don't rinse. We, however, do rinse and haven't seen any bad side effects. Everything comes out clean. I have noticed that the run cycle on our Whirlpool is very long - much longer than any other dishwasher we have had. It is also very quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
That's interesting, because our top-of-the-line LG in our MI house said NOT to rinse the dishes, and that the newer designs actually do a better job of protecting the finish on the dish ware if you don't. Beats me. We went from rinsing to just scraping, but then back to rinsing because the DW didn't clean them very well. But that was the worst DW we ever had, so it may have been the brand. We were not pleased with the LG French Door refrigerator either.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Platinum member

It's not the brand of dishwasher, it is the water. Vinegar will clean the build-up in the dishwasher and glasses. You have to do it periodically.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.