After Market Work References Needed

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 AM
Default After Market Work References Needed

We finally arrived on Sunday afternoon and we are renting until our home will be finished in St James on Ashville Ave. Before we move in we would like to have our closet finished but there are so many ads everywhere we don't know who to trust for quality work. I did a search on the board for closets but if I did it right it was dated in 2008.

I know this is a great place for references so I am using this board. Also getting driveway painted, attic stairs needed, ? water softener vs filter system but I know that these items have been recently been discussed.

Thanks.

Norm and Gisele
Old 05-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa & Giggi View Post
We finally arrived on Sunday afternoon and we are renting until our home will be finished in St James on Ashville Ave. Before we move in we would like to have our closet finished but there are so many ads everywhere we don't know who to trust for quality work. I did a search on the board for closets but if I did it right it was dated in 2008.

I know this is a great place for references so I am using this board. Also getting driveway painted, attic stairs needed, ? water softener vs filter system but I know that these items have been recently been discussed.

Thanks.

Norm and Gisele
Welcome Norm and Gisele,

No need to rush to find the best folks. You will hear recommendations from your neigbors for driveway painting and gutters and lawn service. If you need your closets done first, PM Whelan on this panel. Their closets are wonderfully finished. Also KentuckyBlue...theirs are too.

I was concerned that we had closed and our grass was growing. Someone on this panel said to relax, the grass doesn't grow as fast in the spring as it does in Ohio and it would take at least six weeks before the shoots with the seeds became unsightly.

Enjoy the journey of settling in.

P.S. You desire to get it all done NOW is just like mine.

Hugs,

Gracie
Old 05-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Default A few that we've used

We close on our new home in St. James on 5/16 (Edgemoor Terrace). We're using Busby for our closets. He did ours in our villa and we are very pleased with his work and prices. He advertises in the Daily-Sun every day. He's already done the measurements and will be installing the day after closing.

Our attic stairs will be installed the afternoon on the day of closing by Tim the Tool Man (also advertises in the paper). He's another repeat contractor for us.

We're still undecided about the water softener. We put one in the villa but may just go with the water filter only for the house. We bought our current water softener from Lowe's and had John the Handieman install it.

Next on our list is blinds and laminate floors for my office. I think this is a lot of fun but my husband just wants to get moved and settled so he can go back to playing golf everyday!

Have you been to the St. James pool yet? When we moved to Hemingway three years ago I got lots of info from meeting neighbors there and hearing about there experiences with contractors.

Welcome neighbor. Let me know if you'd like more info on the people we've used.

Carol
Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Default Thanks

This is just so exciting for us and we know we have plenty of time but seeing as we have our rental unit until the end of June and we pass on our new home on June 23rd that gives us time to get things done in our new home before we move in to get things done.

We also want to get some accent walls painted before we move in....ahh so much to do, but it is so fun!

Oh, and yes we love the St. James pool. We are renting in Liberty park and when we go get our mail by the St. James pool we have been going in for a dip. It is so relaxing. We also get to drive by our house right around the corner to check on the progress.

Time is going to fly we just know it!

Norm and Gisele
Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Closets

I ahd Closets R Us do mine and I was very pleased. Highly recommend them. They also did a friends new home and she was very pleased. They did a custom design and the price was very reasonable. They can be reached at 352-255-8975. Virginia and Juan Cruz.

Becky
Old 05-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

You might want to look at having the epoxy coating on your garage floor...it is really nice and easy to keep clean. We had Tim the Toolman do ours, just prior to the attic stairs. Reasonable and he did a great job. Th e garage is something that's nice to do before moving, so the garage is empty for a few days...
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiervillager View Post
We close on our new home in St. James on 5/16 (Edgemoor Terrace). We're using Busby for our closets. He did ours in our villa and we are very pleased with his work and prices. He advertises in the Daily-Sun every day. He's already done the measurements and will be installing the day after closing.

Our attic stairs will be installed the afternoon on the day of closing by Tim the Tool Man (also advertises in the paper). He's another repeat contractor for us.

We're still undecided about the water softener. We put one in the villa but may just go with the water filter only for the house. We bought our current water softener from Lowe's and had John the Handieman install it.

Next on our list is blinds and laminate floors for my office. I think this is a lot of fun but my husband just wants to get moved and settled so he can go back to playing golf everyday!

Have you been to the St. James pool yet? When we moved to Hemingway three years ago I got lots of info from meeting neighbors there and hearing about there experiences with contractors.

Welcome neighbor. Let me know if you'd like more info on the people we've used.

Carol
Hi Carol - we have a deposit on a lot on Barksdale in St. James so we will be neighbors. Please let me know who you end up using for your closets as I will be wanting to do the same in our new home. Linda
Old 05-05-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
Hi Carol - we have a deposit on a lot on Barksdale in St. James so we will be neighbors. Please let me know who you end up using for your closets as I will be wanting to do the same in our new home. Linda
Sorry Carol - I see you did give the person you used for closets.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:10 AM

If your husband is handy at all, we bought our closets for our house in Tampa, FL a couple years ago, at http://www.easyclosets.com/, which was connected to Costco at the time. They help you customize and measure, and then send everything pretty much preassembled, ready for you to install. My husband did a very large closet in one day, and we have been very happy with the quality and the price. We plan on using them when we make our move to the Villages next year.

Lee and Richard in Tampa, for now.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM

Thanks for all of your replies

We have a long list of names we now have to start calling because we know that the next 7 weeks will go by fast. We know that we want to have our garage and driveway and lanai done before we move in along with our closet and oh yes those attic stairs. Looks like we will be lining up those workers!

Agains thanks so much for all of your references.

Norm and Gisele
Old 05-07-2011, 11:59 AM

Along with the contractors I listed in my previous post we have now selected Rick at 48 Hr. Blinds for all the blinds in our new house and Jimmy at Reliable Floor Covering for laminate flooring in the office. Everything will be installed the week of 5/16. If anyone wants to see the work first-hand let me know and I'd be glad to have you over to check it out.

Carol
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.