Discounts

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Default Discounts

We are looking at a new home that has been discounted. Has the developer ever dropped the price more than once?
Old 11-04-2016, 03:26 PM

I have seen a new home in the Osceola Hills Soaring Eagle area discounted more than once. Don't let someone else get it first though if you sit back waiting for that to happen, if it's what you really want in a great location!
Old 11-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms36 View Post
We are looking at a new home that has been discounted. Has the developer ever dropped the price more than once?
We took a LSV (lifestyle visit) in April 2011 and looked at patio villas, CYV (courtyard villas) and cottages and then went back to Maryland. We listed our home two weeks later and sold it the next morning to the first people to visit. It left us with a budget of $163K cash and we didn't want a mortgage.

I called my salesman Tony Trussler and said I have my eye on a new Cabot Cove patio villa with white cabinets and a dutch gable roof that we like to buy in the Village of Buttonwood for $140K and pay the bond of $10K. Tony said in the Village of Tamarind Grove, which is one village south, in their Southern Star Villas they are down to the last 5 units out of 88 villas. A 2 BR Durham that was $169K has been reduced to $162K. While we were talking about the advantages of having a privacy fence and masonry instead of stick built, and in the next villa community of Montbrook he said that model is now selling for $179K. Then he said that home has been reduced again, it is now $157K. It was such a deal we couldn't turn down, so we bought it over the phone sight-unseen. Resales like ours are now selling for between $215K to $230K.

If you don't have a salesman, call and ask for Tony Trussler, he's the best. Do a search on this website using the search button above, you'll find he's been the best for many others as well. When we bought the home sight-unseen, Tony and his wife rode over in his golf cart and took photos inside and out and emailed them to me that night. There was no photo on the website yet since the home was so new. I'll be seeing Tony in a couple of weeks, we've been invited to his annual thank you dinner for the fifth year in a row at Katie Belle's. He's has a British accent and he's great to work with. Tell him what you're looking for, and he'll help you out.

Last edited by John_W; 11-04-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Yes.

Wait too long, it might be gone............it's a difficult game.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:23 PM

Not that I'm playing the waiting game but I see prices for a few houses Ive been watching in Pine Hills have dropped a 2nd time.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms36 View Post
Not that I'm playing the waiting game but I see prices for a few houses Ive been watching in Pine Hills have dropped a 2nd time.
This isn't the buying time of the year. Good time to buy.

Tags
developer, dropped, price, discounted, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.