Dish TV

Dish TV

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
Most likely that will be a temporary thing. Every satellite and every cable company seems at some point or another to be in a tiff with one provider or another. It always comes at a bad time, like the beef with HBO right when the Game of Thrones final season was on!
It's been going on since November. Since ATT owns DirecTV they're in no hurry to work out an agreement. They figure the longer they stall, the more people will leave Dish and go to DirecTV.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Old 06-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
When it storms you may lose your signal for a little bit.
Not good to lose your signal with a hurricane approaching. That's when you need it most.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Retiring;1655530 In TV, I don’t find the signal loss during storms acceptable so it’s cable for me. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yea, would be my luck to lose the signal during the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, or with a hurricane bearing down on us.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

I had dish when we lived OKC where cable wasn’t available. Had little problems and was way cheaper than Comcash. I was disappointed when I got here and my house was only wired for comcash. Plus comcash don’t have RFTV which I liked several programs they ran. I didn’t want no holes drilled in my roof and centurylink did find run cable in my neighborhood, but centurylink don’t offer the tennis channel so that’s out.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:08 PM

Most of us have non satellite internet service. That allows us to obtain most local or regional news seen on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Not good to lose your signal with a hurricane approaching. That's when you need it most.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:51 PM

Dish has the Orlando stations.

I had Dish for 15-20 years before coming down here. Was great for boats, cabins, and rv’s because you could take one box and a cheap dish with you.

Have had it here now for 5 years and still fairly happy. The price tends to slowly rise, but the cable companies seem worse.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

LOVE DISH. Lots of recording space. Ease of use. Rain clouds are short loss at best. Always reliable.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDenise View Post
Dish has the Orlando stations.

I had Dish for 15-20 years before coming down here. Was great for boats, cabins, and rv’s because you could take one box and a cheap dish with you.

Have had it here now for 5 years and still fairly happy. The price tends to slowly rise, but the cable companies seem worse.
Negotiate price every 2 years. Got a better price this past year than the previous 2 years, plus they replaced my 2 Joeys and remotes for free. Only took 10 minutes on the phone.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Have had DISH for over 12 years, both up north and here. Best equipment, best service and eay to negotiate prices. Right now, no HBO, no problem, just subscribed to HBO now. And by the way, throughout the entire "hurricane", never lost signal for even a minute.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 06-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Gold member

WOW that was comprehensive!

Tags
dish, comcast, bob, dropping, thinking