Dish TV

Dish TV

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Sage

I sat up until 5am until the eye of Hurricane Irma had completely passed and we never lost Directv, not even HD, never had to go back up. If you know how to switch to backup non-HD channels, you'll almost never lose picture with Directv. Plus my DVR records up 1000 hours of HD video, I've got probably 800 hours in movies now, can never watch everything. Worse case scenario, a Super Bowl, I got an attic antenna hooked to the guest BR TV, unless it's on channel 2 I can still see 6, 9 and 35.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I had dish when we lived OKC where cable wasn’t available. Had little problems and was way cheaper than Comcash. I was disappointed when I got here and my house was only wired for comcash. Plus comcash don’t have RFTV which I liked several programs they ran. I didn’t want no holes drilled in my roof and centurylink did find run cable in my neighborhood, but centurylink don’t offer the tennis channel so that’s out.
You probably don't need any holes in your roof, a sat dish can easily be ground mounted in probably 90% of the homes. Most people in my area have ground mounted sat dishes.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2019, 05:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have my dish mounted to the side of my deck.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:22 AM
Platinum member

We've had Dish since we dropped Comcast a number of years ago. We are satisfied, but must renegotiate price every couple years.
Tampa, FL
Old 06-25-2019, 07:19 PM

I got rid of cable and have antenna installed in attic, which you can get all networks and many other channels. I also got a ROKU and subscribe to YOUTUBETV it's the best and has unlimited DVR storage.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine701 View Post
I got rid of cable and have antenna installed in attic, which you can get all networks and many other channels. I also got a ROKU and subscribe to YOUTUBETV it's the best and has unlimited DVR storage.
What village are you in that gives you such good reception with the antenna?
Possible Risk
Old 06-26-2019, 07:51 AM
Platinum member

Question Possible Risk

I heard, and can't swear to it but was told that if you mount the Dish on the roof you may risk losing your roof warranty?
Old 06-26-2019, 10:20 AM

DISH Is great for us. DISH sponsors an APP called DISHANYWHERE, it’s free and I have it downloaded on our outside pool TV. I watch the full network to include taped stuff with no wires, just our house WIFI.

Tags
dish, comcast, bob, dropping, thinking