Dishwasher Questions

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Dishwasher Questions

The dishes are still wet after the dishwasher dry cycle...Have to be hand dryed...This is a 2 month old whirpool..called warranty dept and they directed me to whirpool, who told me that if i did not use jet dry the dishes would still be wet...any thoughts or comments
Old 03-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte

I have been experiencing the same problem but I have not reached out to GE yet. I will try Jet Dry and see if it improves.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I would check a few time during the drying cycle to make sure the heating element is on. You should feel a lot of heat when you open the door.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
The dishes are still wet after the dishwasher dry cycle...Have to be hand dryed...This is a 2 month old whirpool..called warranty dept and they directed me to whirpool, who told me that if i did not use jet dry the dishes would still be wet...any thoughts or comments
Try using jet dry or finish .The manufactures recommends it. The instruction will tell you to use that stuff to insure proper drying..I put it on normal, than heat dry and dishes are dry when it's done. Some of coffee cups might have a birt of moisture on top. The normal cycle is a long cycle. The 1hr wash cycle does not work as well drying dishes .
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Gold member

I agree with Tommy. Our dishes in our new Whirlpool dishwasher in Michigan were always wet until we started usung Jet Dry. I couldn't believe the difference.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Sage

you should not have to buy Jet Dry or any other product. Try setting the machine on "pots and pans" or whatever gives you a longer cycle. The dishwasher should take about 2 hours start to finish, if it's shutting down sooner it may not have done the drying cycle. If it's doing the drying it will be really hot when you open the door. If it's not then there's something wrong with the machine and Whirlpool will have to fix it
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

I'm not a fan of using the drying function, as it must use alot of extra electricity to 'toast" the dishes dry. We turn the (new Whirlpool) dishwasher on after dinner using the ECO button above "Heat dry" and at bedtime, it has long finished. Before going to bed, we open it up and roll out the racks to air dry. In the morning, they are dry. We have never used Jet Dry, and have clean, dry spot free dishes and glasses
Old 03-20-2013, 12:06 PM

I had an LG repair call for our LG dishwasher in NJ. He was coming to check out a couple of minor issues, but also told me that
-water has to be a certain temp,
-there needs to be some amount of soil on the dishes
-proper amt of detergent
-Jet dry
All these components apparently work together to clean your dishes.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Platinum member

We don't use Jet Dry (anymore). Since we have had the water softener, we just open the door after the wash cycle and let the dishes air dry. No spots and we can put plastic on the lower rack now since the heating element for drying isn't being used.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.