District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
I just don't understand why I must pay for this. CDD 5-10 to pay? Why? What about CDD 1-4? Why don't they have to share in the cost? It should only be the CDD that Lake Miona is in. I'm not the most politically active or knowledgeable person. Please make me understand how this can be fair.
CDD 1 - 4 have a different form of Government.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Sage
Quote:
I just don't understand why I must pay for this. CDD 5-10 to pay? Why? What about CDD 1-4? Why don't they have to share in the cost? It should only be the CDD that Lake Miona is in. I'm not the most politically active or knowledgeable person. Please make me understand how this can be fair.
And this $50,000 expense is added to the $1.5 million residents of districts five through ten are going to be charged for shoring up the Morse Blvd bridge.

IMO Janet Tutt seems to be trying to sweep this event under the rug by just giving the same tired statement every time she is asked about it. Hopefully she will be asked what happens if the guilty party just sells their home and moves far, far away?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Please explain the difference so I can better understand this issue. Thank You.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
And this $50,000 expense is added to the $1.5 million residents of districts five through ten are going to be charged for shoring up the Morse Blvd bridge.

IMO Janet Tutt seems to be trying to sweep this event under the rug by just giving the same tired statement every time she is asked about it. Hopefully she will be asked what happens if the guilty party just sells their home and moves far, far away?
Considering the tree issue and the bridge restoration, how much money per household are we talking about? Will it be spread out over a span of time?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Sage
Quote:
Considering the tree issue and the bridge restoration, how much money per household are we talking about? Will it be spread out over a span of time?
That would be a good question for your elected representative in whatever district you live. Just guessing that these fees would come from some reserve fund and not be assessed to each household.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We haven't been accessed for anything in the eight years we have owned property here. Not ONE penny from the deal we made when we bought.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-04-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

All Districts have inter local agreements that cover who pays for what. These agreements are a matter of record so I am told. If what happens doesn’t suite you views, then express your frustration to your locally elected District representatives.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Platinum member

Did anyone see a mention of this crime in the VHA news included with today's Sun Times? Looked twice but maybe I missed it.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///
Old 03-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

There is another dimension to this issue. The District is setting precedent meaning that in future expect more of our amenity fees to be used for other than amenities like attorney fees for fighting the IRS, tree cutting culprits bridges.

And again let's not put the cart before the horse. In my view we do not have people making negative statements we have a negative situation that people are commenting on and they have a right to express their opinion.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
What are the differences?
Old 03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbinnj View Post
It’s been 6 full weeks since this egregious act was first posted and it is just as disgraceful today as it was then. The most obvious motive has always been that one homeowner or a few homeowners desired a better water view at the expense of those beautiful old trees.

While the felled trees are truly awful, it is equally wrong to punish so many homeowners who will now foot the bill. I agree that if the $50,000 fee was charged only to the homeowners in this particular neighborhood someone’s memory would be jogged. After all, money is a powerful motive – it makes idiots cut down trees (so they can sell their house for more $$$) but it also makes a lost memory become an “Ah ha…now I remember” moment.

The reward has unfortunately not yet encouraged anyone to step forward but a hefty bill shared by a small neighborhood will produce reliable leads. It’s time for those who know something to step forward and do the right thing.
I agree. I contacted my CDD representative. He said: "Of course people in the immediate neighborhood knew exactly what was going on".

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-04-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post

I have never seen where Jane Tutt "swept anything under the rug".
Old 03-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Community Development District Orientation

You are invited to attend our Introduction to your Special Purpose Local Government informational program. You will learn how the districts operate and learn other important community information about the people, services, and other supporting entities that help make The Villages a premier community.

No sign-ups or fees are required for this presentation. Sessions are held every Thursday at 10:00 a.m. at the District Office, 984 Old Mill Run.

You may call 352-753-4508 for additional information.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I have never seen where Jane Tutt "swept anything under the rug".
I agree 100%
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.