District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2015, 03:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We haven't been accessed for anything in the eight years we have owned property here. Not ONE penny from the deal we made when we bought.
Gracie, I haven't beem here nearly as long as you so I can't speak from any experience and I am sure you are right (you usually are!).

BUT . . . while there haven't been any assessments, residents have been paying and are paying for things not normally associated with, let's say, normal things.

We have been paying and will continue to pay for the IRS fiasco until maybe in the next century, it will be settled.
We will have to pay for the soil erosion under the bridge. And now -- the damn tree situation!

It also makes me wonder if we are also paying for the widening of 466A (1.8 miles) in the Fruitland Park area where the developer is supposedly paying for the widening of that part of the road. Are "we" really paying for that???

Consequently, since there has not been any special assessment, it would seem that there is a lot of surplus money in the pot, no?
But the real question is why are we, the residents, paying for all these things?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Gracie, I haven't beem here nearly as long as you so I can't speak from any experience and I am sure you are right (you usually are!).

BUT . . . while there haven't been any assessments, residents have been paying and are paying for things not normally associated with, let's say, normal things.

We have been paying and will continue to pay for the IRS fiasco until maybe in the next century, it will be settled.
We will have to pay for the soil erosion under the bridge. And now -- the damn tree situation!

It also makes me wonder if we are also paying for the widening of 466A (1.8 miles) in the Fruitland Park area where the developer is supposedly paying for the widening of that part of the road. Are "we" really paying for that???

Consequently, since there has not been any special assessment, it would seem that there is a lot of surplus money in the pot, no?
But the real question is why are we, the residents, paying for all these things?
There has been no assessment for anything in eight years and apparently EVER.

The IRS Fiasco...as you call it was not anything underhanded. We live in a CDD form of government that is only in Florida and we are not the only CDD. The municipal bonds are the issue. The fact that the interest on them was tax free. NOT the bonds on our property. They challenged how the CDD works. It was not some conspiracy to avoid income tax or a way to get away with something that is wrong. If it were it wouldn't have gone one for eight years and three IRS agents without resolution.

We are paying the lawyer because the lawyer is protecting us and the way things are run.

The developer has paid for so many things. He isn't our mom, but widening the road is to their interest in continuing the development in Fruitland Park.

Which keeps people working, which allows people like you and me to move here, which keeps the economy flowing here, which makes money for the developers kids who long ago made more money than they need for all of the things that anyone could want in four lifetimes,,,but still they keep working in very high stress jobs. I would have to guess that the motivation is that this is a history making place, and a good thing, and a matter of pride to them. They don't need any more money...and they must feel a responsibility to the teams they have employed who have stuck with them for years and years. They keep working. Things keep being wonderful and beautiful.

I don't think that in our lifetime, you or I will pay a penny for any assessments.

As Bogie Shooter says. The Morses are self insured.

Don't blame the tree fiasco on The Morses. They had nothing to do with it.

The soil erosion under anything is not their fault either.

They could have geologists stacked on top of engineers and things sink here occasionally.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default "

Quote:

Maybe you should go to some of the budget meetings, they are all open to the public. You could find answers to the questions, that you just throw out to stir the pot!
Old 03-06-2015, 04:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Stirring the Pot? I Guess YOU Don't Care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Maybe you should go to some of the budget meetings, they are all open to the public. You could find answers to the questions, that you just throw out to stir the pot!
It's unfortunate that you think I am stirring the pot and I resent your implication.
I guess you can't tell the difference between real questions that affect all of us
versus simply overlooking things that take place here and then criticizing someone who brings these items up.

I mentioned these things and Gracie commented. That was fine.
Can you tell me with a straight face that you don't find it strange that (supposedly) all residents south of 466 will be responsible for paying for the soil erosion?
Why residents south of 466 when residents north of 466 use the bridge just as much?
Anyone can use the bridge; it is a public bridge.
So why just certain residents and why any residents at all, since it is a county road?
You don't find it strange that a public road and bridge is built on private property?

You don't think it's strange (again, supposedly) that the residents of Districts 5 through 9 (I think that's accurate) have to pay for the tree thing?

I could go on, but these things have nothing whatsoever to do with a budget.
If that is your way of telling me you know more than me, it hasn't worked.
It's unfortunate you couldn't offer anything constructive.
You didn't even follow the forum's rule to stay on topic!
You think that asking these kind of questions are stirring a pot?
If you really think so, you are very wrong.
You may not care about answers to these questions, but I do, as do many others.
This forum is a great place to ask questions because there are a lot of smart and informed people who know some of these answers.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Quote:
It's unfortunate that you think I am stirring the pot and I resent your implication.
I guess you can't tell the difference between real questions that affect all of us
versus simply overlooking things that take place here and then criticizing someone who brings these items up.

Can you tell me with a straight face that you don't find it strange that (supposedly) all residents south of 466 will be responsible for paying for the soil erosion?
Why residents south of 466 when residents north of 466 use the bridge just as much?
So why just certain residents and why any residents at all, since it is a county road?
You don't find it strange that a public road and bridge is built on private property?

You don't think it's strange (again, supposedly) that the residents of Districts 5 through 9 (I think that's accurate) have to pay for the tree thing?

This forum is a great place to ask questions because there are a lot of smart and informed people who know some of these answers.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:

As usual. Whatever...............
Old 03-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
THEY can't DO that. I am not defending the folks who did it.

But you just can't accuse someone without proof. And a lie detector test is worth the paper it's printed on. People with no conscience can pass them 24/7.

There is no conspiracy with The Villages government.. Someone did something wrong and there is no way to prove they did. Period and amen.
I am guessing that people who live closeby are pretty sure they know who did it, but they don't know Which who.
Of course they can do it. All lie detector exams are voluntary and as far as accusing someone, this is not the case. In fact most people who agree to the exam are more interested in an indication of being innocent rather than the feeling of being accused. If I were one of the residents who seems to have benefitted by the cutting, and I were innocent, I would ask for the exam.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
I fail to see where there is a conflict of interest. We do not know who the perpetrator(s) is so how can we assume Janet Tutt has a conflict of interest. Are you assuming she knows the culprit and is protecting them?
It is now in the hands of the Sheriff's Department.
It is not Janet Tutt's decision to pay the fine. That decision was made when the agreement was established permitting expanding in that location.
You totally missed the point !! No one is accusing Janet Tutt of doing anything wrong. Her possible conflict of interest regarding all issues involving the Residents and the Developer is easily apparent. Her employment can easily be controlled by the Developer, yet we residents directly pay her for her services. A person that pays the salary usually has control of the hiring and firing of an individual. The board that has control of Janet Tutt, is an elected body, BUT THE ONLY LANDOWNER THAT CASTS SUCH VOTES IS THE DEVELOPER HIMSELF. I cannot imagine anyone who knows the inner workings of the VCCDD not seeing the possible conflict of interest.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

With break-ins occurring throughout the area and normal monitoring of the community I doubt if additional resources are going to be allocated to a victimless crime. It is probably a cold case already.

There should be insurance to cover this act. And if it is self insurance an amount of money is already set aside. Never should have happened though.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:27 PM
TOTV Moderator
Exclamation Learn to be civil or risk infractions

If members cannot conduct themselves without a confrontational attitude, they risk losing the privilege of participating in TOTV. You can disagree without a "nose to nose" attitude.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

As usual it is all about the money, i.e. out of whose pocket will it come?

Hopefully the cretins who vandalized the property by cutting down the trees will be identified, tried and convicted. Perhaps restitution can be had through a civil lawsuit so that those who did the deed pay the price.

Call me cynical, but the tree cutting could not have been accomplished by any one person without some witness observation or knowledge precedent or subsequent by others.

BTW, who would benefit from the cutting through view enhancement or other outcome?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Feels like this thread is long over dead.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
You totally missed the point !! No one is accusing Janet Tutt of doing anything wrong. Her possible conflict of interest regarding all issues involving the Residents and the Developer is easily apparent. Her employment can easily be controlled by the Developer, yet we residents directly pay her for her services. A person that pays the salary usually has control of the hiring and firing of an individual. The board that has control of Janet Tutt, is an elected body, BUT THE ONLY LANDOWNER THAT CASTS SUCH VOTES IS THE DEVELOPER HIMSELF. I cannot imagine anyone who knows the inner workings of the VCCDD not seeing the possible conflict of interest.
I do understand the inner workings of the VCDD, Warren. As in any government position there is always a possibility of conflict of interest. I would like to discuss this with you here in more detail but I hesitate in view of Moderator's recent admonition.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
As usual it is all about the money, i.e. out of whose pocket will it come?

Hopefully the cretins who vandalized the property by cutting down the trees will be identified, tried and convicted. Perhaps restitution can be had through a civil lawsuit so that those who did the deed pay the price.

Call me cynical, but the tree cutting could not have been accomplished by any one person without some witness observation or knowledge precedent or subsequent by others.

BTW, who would benefit from the cutting through view enhancement or other outcome?
At the very least, hopefully many will now know what our very first grasscutter told us when we first moved here, that Live Oak trees past a certain diameter were protected by law from being removed.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Feels like this thread is long over dead.
Do ya think...........................

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.