District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

[QUOTE=Mleeja;1024699]The only problem is no one is offering anything new. What is being posted on page 19 is the same thing posted on page 2. Post something new or original, or at least take the time to read what others have posted.....[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
would have been cheaper in the long run to just have the moss removed ... than you could have seen the view (IMHO)
Ah ha...........how did you know the trees had moss?
Old 03-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

moss on trees...don't they all?
Old 03-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

He's kiddin' Marianne.

Bogie. You ain't right.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Its Morse Blvd.
Ave...Blvd.... Don't ya know it is not anout the bridge, it is the manmade island under the bridge!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I suggest going to a meeting where how a CDD is run is explained and not taking an explanation from someone who posts on this forum.

How can it be a conflict of interest if the person who manages the business of a CDD doesn't KNOW who cut down the trees? She wasn't there. I wasn't there. You weren't there. We are all pretty sure who dunnit...but proof is another matter.

. The CDD common grounds and preserves are enjoyed by all of us. Some more than others. Lovely views if you live on them.

I don't understand the combative stance against the developers.

Gracie -- you missed my point entirely. It has nothing to do with trees. It has to do with the fact that "we" pay Janet Tutt's salary, if that truly is the case (this is the first I've ever heard that), and that she reports to and takes orders from the developer, that is ridiculous and unfair. She is not working for us and not reporting to us. She is taking orders from someone else and telling the residents what someone else wants us to know -- or not know. Is this not a conflict?
Old 03-08-2015, 04:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
moss on trees...don't they all?
Moss does not grow on trees who have spirts roaming near them
Old 03-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Gracie -- you missed my point entirely. It has nothing to do with trees. It has to do with the fact that "we" pay Janet Tutt's salary, if that truly is the case (this is the first I've ever heard that), and that she reports to and takes orders from the developer, that is ridiculous and unfair. She is not working for us and not reporting to us. She is taking orders from someone else and telling the residents what someone else wants us to know -- or not know. Is this not a conflict?
Gracie should know the fact as well as anyone. Let me explain. The VCCDD that is guardian over Janet Tutt's activities is elected thru a landowners election. That District that I speak of has the boundaries of the Spanish Springs downtown area. Since the Developer owns all that downtown area, he is the only voting landowner. Naturally every elected VCCDD official is done thru the graces of the Developer. Janet Tutt's responsibilities are as a Supervisor for the VCCDD. In this role she is involved in all the activities of the VCCDD. This includes the Architectural Review Committee (ARC), the Ammentities Authority Committee (AAC) and nearly every committee that has activities within the District. The VCCDD receives funding directly from the Residents. Often the VCCDD is involved with the purchase of property from the Developer. An example of this is the purchase of various Rec Centers and the Savannah Center. So the potential conflict of interest arises, on one hand the Developer is selling property to the VCCDD, Janet Tutt is the Supervisor of that VCCDD, yet that board is elected by the Developer thru his landowner vote. Developer sells property, how much does VCCDD pay , do we reach a deal, who recommends the purchase, etc etc.
Bottom line, I wouldn't mind being like in a position whereby I wanted to sell something to a particular group (the VCCDD) , and at a huge price, the people who will decide on the purchase (and price) are the same people who I myself alone elected to office and are usually employees of mine.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Negativity makes me grind my teeth. Some people constantly look for trouble where there is none.

CONSTANTLY.

Soon Mrs. Mouse will be here to call me Pollyanna.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Gracie should know the fact as well as anyone. Let me explain. The VCCDD that is guardian over Janet Tutt's activities is elected thru a landowners election. That District that I speak of has the boundaries of the Spanish Springs downtown area. Since the Developer owns all that downtown area, he is the only voting landowner. Naturally every elected VCCDD official is done thru the graces of the Developer. Janet Tutt's responsibilities are as a Supervisor for the VCCDD. In this role she is involved in all the activities of the VCCDD. This includes the Architectural Review Committee (ARC), the Ammentities Authority Committee (AAC) and nearly every committee that has activities within the District. The VCCDD receives funding directly from the Residents. Often the VCCDD is involved with the purchase of property from the Developer. An example of this is the purchase of various Rec Centers and the Savannah Center. So the potential conflict of interest arises, on one hand the Developer is selling property to the VCCDD, Janet Tutt is the Supervisor of that VCCDD, yet that board is elected by the Developer thru his landowner vote. Developer sells property, how much does VCCDD pay , do we reach a deal, who recommends the purchase, etc etc.
Bottom line, I wouldn't mind being like in a position whereby I wanted to sell something to a particular group (the VCCDD) , and at a huge price, the people who will decide on the purchase (and price) are the same people who I myself alone elected to office and are usually employees of mine.
An accurate and exceptional summation of how the VCCDD works, Warren. However, this thread is about the removal of trees on land they should not be removed from. Evidently the authorities do not know for certain who is the responsible party. Where does conflict of interest come into this situation? Who would Janet Tutt protect?
Old 03-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
An accurate and exceptional summation of how the VCCDD works, Warren. However, this thread is about the removal of trees on land they should not be removed from. Evidently the authorities do not know for certain who is the responsible party. Where does conflict of interest come into this situation? Who would Janet Tutt protect?
First and very important, I would never say or insinuate Janet Tutt has done anything wrong. In the tree issue, I cannot offer a conflict of interest in this particular issue. Perhaps the developer had a hand in having the trees cut. There is simply not enough information to make a sound call.
Someone seemed to not have a full understanding how the governmental system works here in the Villages. Some people just love the way things are and are convinced that everything is hunky-dory. I am the realist, there are problems that could be improved with little effort. For some Supervisor/VCCDD conflict of interest I direct you to have a look at a couple that come to mind. The residents originally paying(reversed later) for a pond liner for on the private golf course property owned by the Developer.
Or the Purchase of the savannah Center for the sum of $80 million dollars. Or the magic gate erected overnight blocking all traffic between the Village residents and WalMart. Or the purchase of the Santiago Club for $350, 000 that will be demolished, leaving the District with nothing more than about a third of an acre of land. It was also discovered that the Santiago property had no parking and could not be reopened as a restaurant. The inspector hired by AAC advised the AAC board to NOT purchase this property. They did anyway. Every example I have offered concerned the Developer, the VCCDD, Janet Tutt and District Legal advisors. I am pleased yopu agree that my information appears accurate. But as the saying goes; where there is smoke there will be fire.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Negativity makes me grind my teeth. Some people constantly look for trouble where there is none.

CONSTANTLY.

Soon Mrs. Mouse will be here to call me Pollyanna.

Gracie, I fear you have no true knowledge of how everything works together to make for a great life. If there are areas of improvement, then do what it takes to make life better. We have an organization that at one time lived for the negative, but with time we find this organization has saved we residents millions and made our dream life better. Everytime a person walks the park like areas on the original side they should be reminded of the settlement the POA was responsible for getting for all we residents. Are you of the belief that we shouldn't look for trouble regarding the tree cutting because there is none ??
Old 03-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Anyone have an update on the "Tree Saga"???
Old 04-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The Saga of the Illegally cut trees.

Any news on the disposition of this case?
Old 04-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
The Saga of the Illegally cut trees.
Any news on the disposition of this case?
The silence is deafening.
Although I'm sure the Police are still working "behind the scenes".
It seems strange that a huge issue would get so little media focus.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.