District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
I believe that their was / is currently a reward posted for info that is in excess of 5K,

Out of shear curiosity I dove to the area where his happened and IMO, their is NO POSSIBLE way that this amount of tree removal could have happened without SEVERAL adjoining properly owners not being fully aware of who did it (both company doing the cutting and who paid for it). It is a conspiracy of silence that is costing each and every property owner south of 466.

I think the neighbors can guess which one or two of the four is responsible but that isn't something you can tell the police with absolute certainty. You might be able to guess real good who was of that mindset and felt what they wanted was above authority...but that isn't something you can tell the police with absolute authority. I am NOT standing up for this action, just trying to explain why someone hasn't stepped forward. I doubt the choppers themselves wore logoed clothing or drove a truck with insignia..
Old 04-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

So much time has passed that it is probably just history to those concerned. Nobody there is going to say anything, and it's probably getting close to cold case time with the authorities. Let's hope any fine is negotiable.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I believe that their was / is currently a reward posted for info that is in excess of 5K,

Out of shear curiosity I dove to the area where his happened and IMO, their is NO POSSIBLE way that this amount of tree removal could have happened without SEVERAL adjoining properly owners not being fully aware of who did it (both company doing the cutting and who paid for it). It is a conspiracy of silence that is costing each and every property owner south of 466.

I, too, drove the area but was not able to determine behind which house the trees were cut down. Exactly where is this property?

I question why the immediate neighbors were not put under oath and asked salient questions about the tree removal. I doubt that they would perjure themselves under oath. Or, how about taking a lie detector test???
Old 04-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am not a conspiracy guy, however, IMO there is more than just normal reluctance to rat in this situation. The cost of fixing the damage far exceeds grand theft if there had been a robbery. I think that someone is scared to talk, for some reason.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
So much time has passed that it is probably just history to those concerned. Nobody there is going to say anything, and it's probably getting close to cold case time with the authorities. Let's hope any fine is negotiable.

Perhaps it's time for a peaceful protest march down Lake Miona Drive. If hundreds, maybe thousands, of residents showed up with their signs, the perpetrators might be flushed out of their hiding places. Marchers could march until they confess, as long as it takes.

Remember how quickly the wall got taken down when residents showed up to protest in Spanish Springs, almost two years ago. And BTW, the press also showed up.

My sign will say 'Heck no, I'm not paying', only it won't be heck.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Perhaps it's time for a peaceful protest march down Lake Miona Drive. If hundreds, maybe thousands, of residents showed up with their signs, the perpetrators might be flushed out of their hiding places. Marchers could march until they confess, as long as it takes.

I hope you're funnin' us.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post

Remember how quickly the wall got taken down when residents showed up to protest in Spanish Springs, almost two years ago. And BTW, the press also showed up.

I like that idea!! What about setting up a rotating shift schedule to have maximum coverage, like unions do at non-union job sites. Hey...and maybe someone can locate one of big, inflatable Rats to have floating overhead, marking the location!! lol
Old 04-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I hope you're funnin' us.
I don't think so......
Old 04-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
If amenity fees are utilized to mitigate the unauthorized & illegal tree removal ..... then you and everyone that paid those fees ARE in effect paying.

It might not be via a special assessment that is specifically earmarked for the mitigation .... but residents of districts south of 466 ARE paying.
Probably about $.50/lot.....................
Old 04-10-2015, 08:39 PM

There is a precedent being set,the rich and privileged can break the law with no consequences, and the lambs will pay for it.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
There is a precedent being set,the rich and privileged can break the law with no consequences, and the lambs will pay for it.

Noone would like it if someone said something demeaning about all of the people who live in Gardenia's or in Hadley.

This is probably the most classless place you could ever live. Big houses or small, we are all OLD. AND none of us are getting out alive.

AND you can't take it with you.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-10-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:49 PM

Won't the vegetation grow back?
Old 04-11-2015, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter;10***48

I could be wrong, and am sure someone would correct me if I am, but I thought it was only 4 , maybe 5 CDD's that would pay for the trees, and all CDD's south of 466 would pay for the repair of the island under the bridge. Luckily, I am in both of these groups, so I do have a couple irons in the fire, so to speak. I think they should bill those 4 houses in Lake Miona they talked about earlier whose view was improved by cutting the trees. I can guarantee that anyone of the 4 who actually was not involved, would start talking very quickly if they thought they were going to have to pay such a large amount. As far as the island/bridge goes, IF the residents have to pay, then all residents should have to pay. It is not the amount, but about a half(or so) of the residents below 466a have been here under a year. They shouldn't have to pay when residents who have used the bridge for 10+ years don't have to pay. Again, I realize the amount would be small, but it is the priniciple, and why do several CDD's have to pay 2 of the fees, some CDD's have to pay 1 and some none. That just isn't right.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter;10***48
Do I understand you correctly that since the amount will only be about $.50 per unit, give or take, everyone should just forget about the tree incident? That in the scheme of things, it's really insignificant?
Old 04-11-2015, 03:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
I could be wrong, and am sure someone would correct me if I am, but I thought it was only 4 , maybe 5 CDD's that would pay for the trees, and all CDD's south of 466 would pay for the repair of the island under the bridge. Luckily, I am in both of these groups, so I do have a couple irons in the fire, so to speak. I think they should bill those 4 houses in Lake Miona they talked about earlier whose view was improved by cutting the trees. I can guarantee that anyone of the 4 who actually was not involved, would start talking very quickly if they thought they were going to have to pay such a large amount. As far as the island/bridge goes, IF the residents have to pay, then all residents should have to pay. It is not the amount, but about a half(or so) of the residents below 466a have been here under a year. They shouldn't have to pay when residents who have used the bridge for 10+ years don't have to pay. Again, I realize the amount would be small, but it is the priniciple, and why do several CDD's have to pay 2 of the fees, some CDD's have to pay 1 and some none. That just isn't right.
I've never heard of anything more ridiculous than the rationale that everyone south of 466 should pay to repair the erosion!

The bridge is part of a city street. How a county built bridge can be built on private property is beyond me. And how a certain portion of homeowners should be responsible for paying for this repair is beyond me even more. It is a city street. It is used buy everyone in the Villages, regardless of where someone lives. It is also used by anyone who chooses to use Morse as their route to go somewhere -- residents and non-residents alike.

So why is only a certain group responsible for the fix? This entire matter defies logic and the same goes for paying for the trees.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.