District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2015, 04:19 AM

Put a lien on all four houses. Someone will tell who the guilty person is.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post

Ummm. You just can't do that. Law must be followed.

And marching isn't going to "flush" out the perp(s) either.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Do I understand you correctly that since the amount will only be about $.50 per unit, give or take, everyone should just forget about the tree incident? That in the scheme of things, it's really insignificant?
NO. But no one seems able to prove WHO did it even though they have it narrowed down to FOUR.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
I've never heard of anything more ridiculous than the rationale that everyone south of 466 should pay to repair the erosion!

The bridge is part of a city street. How a county built bridge can be built on private property is beyond me. And how a certain portion of homeowners should be responsible for paying for this repair is beyond me even more. It is a city street. It is used buy everyone in the Villages, regardless of where someone lives. It is also used by anyone who chooses to use Morse as their route to go somewhere -- residents and non-residents alike.

So why is only a certain group responsible for the fix? This entire matter defies logic and the same goes for paying for the trees.
Because essentially the areas north and south of 466 are governed differently because of the danged ********

I think if you went to the meeting which explains a CDD form of government that it would be clearer.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Because essentially the areas north and south of 466 are governed differently because of the danged ********

I think if you went to the meeting which explains a CDD form of government that it would be clearer.
Really, the lawsuit is the reason? Read the third paragraph from the attached article and then the rest of it if you wish.

Don't you just hate facts?

PROJECT WIDE AGREEMENT AFFIDAVIT
Old 04-11-2015, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

How did you get from trees to a bridge
Old 04-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
I don't think it's an easy matter to just "put a lien on all four houses".
And although it's an appealing suggestion, I doubt you can force innocent people to take a Lie Detector test.
Since the coppers don't seem to be able to "finger a suspect", I think they're probably stymied.

I agree with Chi-Town. "So much time has passed that it is probably just history to those concerned. Nobody there is going to say anything, and it's probably getting close to cold case time with the authorities. Let's hope any fine is negotiable."
Old 04-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Really, the lawsuit is the reason? Read the third paragraph from the attached article and then the rest of it if you wish.

Don't you just hate facts?

PROJECT WIDE AGREEMENT AFFIDAVIT

The areas north and south of 466 are governed differently.

I like my side the best.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
So...guilty 'till proven innocent?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I don't think it's an easy matter to just "put a lien on all four houses".
And although it's an appealing suggestion, I doubt you can force innocent people to take a Lie Detector test.
Since the coppers don't seem to be able to "finger a suspect", I think they're probably stymied.

I agree with Chi-Town. "So much time has passed that it is probably just history to those concerned. Nobody there is going to say anything, and it's probably getting close to cold case time with the authorities. Let's hope any fine is negotiable."

Bump
Old 04-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
I've never heard of anything more ridiculous than the rationale that everyone south of 466 should pay to repair the erosion!

The bridge is part of a city street. How a county built bridge can be built on private property is beyond me. And how a certain portion of homeowners should be responsible for paying for this repair is beyond me even more. It is a city street. It is used buy everyone in the Villages, regardless of where someone lives. It is also used by anyone who chooses to use Morse as their route to go somewhere -- residents and non-residents alike.

So why is only a certain group responsible for the fix? This entire matter defies logic and the same goes for paying for the trees.
Further it will set a precedent It seems that the residents in The Villages are the ones dumped on. The cart paths too narrow well let's ave the residents throw money in to widen them. Improper or no markings o cat path never installed let's get the residents to pay for them. trees down residents, erosion residents
Old 04-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Further it will set a precedent It seems that the residents in The Villages are the ones dumped on. The cart paths too narrow well let's ave the residents throw money in to widen them. Improper or no markings o cat path never installed let's get the residents to pay for them. trees down residents, erosion residents
If you lived in your "traditional" town or city, isn't this called property taxes? What's the difference?
Old 04-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
If you lived in your "traditional" town or city, isn't this called property taxes? What's the difference?
amenity fees and property taxes are two separate things.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Platinum member

Yes, i realize that amenity fees and property taxes are seperate things. My point is regardless of where you live, be it in The Villages or hooterville, USA, the residents of the area are going to be paying for repairs and maintenance of common areas and rightaways. Posters are saying the county should be paying for the repairs to the bridge stucture. Where does one think the county gets its funds? I see this as a distinction without a difference. The residence are going to pay.

Last edited by Mleeja; 04-11-2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
you read my mind. That is eactly what I was thinking. Call it what you like but a community pays for its upkeep and ours is very well kept for very reasonable amenity fees, maintenance fees and taxes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.