District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Duh!
I think in addition to all the suspicions and adding of 1 + 1, there should be some thought given to why the TV responded so quickly to pick up the tab on the infraction.

Usually there are many meetings to determine how to spend our money.
With reports of status, who said what and sometimes even why.
In this specific case TV responded very quickly with what they were going to do and how much it was going to cost with not much more info than that.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I think in addition to all the suspicions and adding of 1 + 1, there should be some thought given to why the TV responded so quickly to pick up the tab on the infraction.

Usually there are many meetings to determine how to spend our money.
With reports of status, who said what and sometimes even why.
In this specific case TV responded very quickly with what they were going to do and how much it was going to cost with not much more info than that.

I don't understand. If there was a fine, then paying it is the only solution, right?

What scenario could be different? The lots with the view were sold and had been sold for many years, so giving someone a clear view at this point couldn't profit the developers, right? How could The Morses gain from this tree cutting? I can't think what you are getting at, Bille.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Sage
Default District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I think in addition to all the suspicions and adding of 1 + 1, there should be some thought given to why the TV responded so quickly to pick up the tab on the infraction...
This likely is just a case of a permit violation. The VCDD is the permittee regardless of who actually cut down the trees. The permittee pays up and then considers what further action to take.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Contact your CDD/ elected reps and request strongly that the pressure be continued on this issue. Raise the reward to $10,000=$1000 from each obligated district.

It might be in the Developers best interest to join in the reward contribution.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
A peron who I consider to be reliable told me on Saturday that apparently someone from Lake Miona Village had applied for a permit to cut the trees down, and was denied. Hmmmmm......I DO NOT know if this is true or not, but if it is, someone certainly should be able to put one and one together, right?????
This looks like a rumor waiting to happen.
You heard from someone you consider reliable.......but you DO NOT know if it is true or not?????????
Just think - if there was a permit application, don't you think the dectective would look into that??
Old 06-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Sage
The trees have been replaced at the cost of roughly $50,000, according to a new article in the on-line news.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear;104***3
This likely is just a case of a permit violation. The VCDD is the permittee regardless of who actually cut down the trees. The permittee pays up and then considers what further action to take.
Hi Polar Bear:

The VCCDD is we. We paid for the party but never got invited.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Sage

Originally Posted by VT2TV The Villages Florida
A peron who I consider to be reliable told me on Saturday that apparently someone from Lake Miona Village had applied for a permit to cut the trees down, and was denied. Hmmmmm......I DO NOT know if this is true or not, but if it is, someone certainly should be able to put one and one together, right?????

Quote:
This looks like a rumor waiting to happen.
You heard from someone you consider reliable.......but you DO NOT know if it is true or not?????????
Just think - if there was a permit application, don't you think the dectective would look into that??
I'm pretty sure they teach that in Basic Detective School.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Originally Posted by VT2TV The Villages Florida

I'm pretty sure they teach that in Basic Detective School.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth" "Sherlock Holmes The Sign Of The Four"
Old 06-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth" "Sherlock Holmes The Sign Of The Four"
Have you solved the mystery yet?
What do you think the solution is?
I think it would take a reward of over $10,000 to loosen some lips.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Have you solved the mystery yet?
What do you think the solution is?
I think it would take a reward of over $10,000 to loosen some lips.
Duh! Whose view(s) benefitted from the trees being cut down? Why not start there? How about "free golf for life - at the country clubs".

From the online news the CDD 5 officials are not giving up. Kudos to them!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Duh! Whose view(s) benefitted from the trees being cut down? Why not start there? How about "free golf for life - at the country clubs".

From the online news the CDD 5 officials are not giving up. Kudos to them!
I don't understand that part. Usually you and I are on the same page, but that puzzles me.

I was struck again by the fact that so many think the whole village of Lake Miona are " in on it". I think that a lot are as sure as those who don't live there as to who did it, like most of us are sure who did it, but we have so many loud motor sounds going on in our neighborhood with edgers and blowers and trimmers, unless you were looking at something, you wouldn't know a tree was being cut on. You have to go to sumterpa.com to look at the map to see that those trees were on a little Island behind the properties.

I am just thinking it unjust to blame other innocent people for covering up something they had no real knowledge of.

And the part I am reading on the online news of people blaming people for a cover-up who live in a larger home who they think are the "monied rich" is REALLY unfair.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't understand that part. Usually you and I are on the same page, but that puzzles me.

I was struck again by the fact that so many think the whole village of Lake Miona are " in on it". I think that a lot are as sure as those who don't live there as to who did it, like most of us are sure who did it, but we have so many loud motor sounds going on in our neighborhood with edgers and blowers and trimmers, unless you were looking at something, you wouldn't know a tree was being cut on. You have to go to sumterpa.com to look at the map to see that those trees were on a little Island behind the properties.

I am just thinking it unjust to blame other innocent people for covering up something they had no real knowledge of.

And the part I am reading on the online news of people blaming people for a cover-up who live in a larger home who they think are the "monied rich" is REALLY unfair.
Someone on that street has knowledge of this act. While the whole village is not in it I find it unbelievable that that many people saw nothing. I thought the oaks must have been relatively small but after taking a ride thru there the other day I saw these trees were huge. If this was a ghetto thing folks would be all over the "don't snitch" ethos but because it's concerning the wealthiest of TV they get a pass.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
Someone on that street has knowledge of this act. While the whole village is not in it I find it unbelievable that that many people saw nothing. I thought the oaks must have been relatively small but after taking a ride thru there the other day I saw these trees were huge. If this was a ghetto thing folks would be all over the "don't snitch" ethos but because it's concerning the wealthiest of TV they get a pass.
That is just so much BS!
Old 06-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
That is just so much BS!
how so?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.