District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

301 Posts on a single run......is this some kind of record?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Does the rumor offer any clue as to why a person with "powerful political" ties would want these trees removed?
Rumors like this seem to never offer clues as to why or who commits crimes, just why they might be swept under the rug!!
Old 06-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Platinum member

Seems to me that there would be a very small number of persons who would have derived a perceived benefit from the tree cutting. What type of investigation is being conducted? This really doesn't smell right to me. I'm not going to be unhappy today, but I do resent some pompous and gutless bonehead making us all pay the price!
Old 06-20-2015, 07:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie shooter View Post
i have never seen where jane tutt "swept anything under the rug".

do you remember when janet stated she had no knowledge why, when and who erected the gate durning the night that separated the villages and stonecrest ???
Old 06-20-2015, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Seems to me that there would be a very small number of persons who would have derived a perceived benefit from the tree cutting. What type of investigation is being conducted? This really doesn't smell right to me. I'm not going to be unhappy today, but I do resent some pompous and gutless bonehead making us all pay the price!

I know that I have said this on this thread at least three times but I will try again. They found the wood stacked behind four homes if I remember correctly. (Now I can't find the source of this, so I may have remembered this wrong) That would make me suspect that one or two or all of those homes would be involved in this. However, you can't charge someone with something without proof. AND you can investigate but you can't go too far without some probable cause. It's against the law. (I know this from watching NCIS) So we all may be danged sure who we think is the perps, but which or all is the problem.

AND daughter one is visiting and we were out by the pool a good share of yesterday and we couldn't have heard anything two streets over for a good share of the day because our lawn and four of our near neighbors were being cut, trimmed and blown. VERY NOISY.

You can't ask for people's personal records without a reason and I would have to guess that this deed was done with cash. I also want to remind everyone that it was on an island out from the property of the backyards adjacent to it by at least 100 yards, I am guessing.

The man running for county something lives there in that village but not RIGHT there on top of these homes. It is worth a drive through the Village and a look at the maps on sumterpa.com to visualize all this.

I imagine the folks who live close have some really good guesses but you can't acuse people without proof.

I don't live there. I live in a similar small village that is separated from others and I have a hearing loss. As I stated before, someone could be cutting trees apart in their backyard here four streets over and I couldn't see it or hear it. It isn't logical or nice to blame everyone in that village for knowing and not telling.

I cannot see how any of this could have benefited anyone other than the people who were trying to get visual access to the water of Lake Miona. Not the neighbors, not the developers, not the man running for office.

Now that makes four times I have said this, but heck, you can't shut up a person who has taught children for decades.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-21-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Gracie -- you missed my point entirely. It has nothing to do with trees. It has to do with the fact that "we" pay Janet Tutt's salary, if that truly is the case (this is the first I've ever heard that), and that she reports to and takes orders from the developer, that is ridiculous and unfair. She is not working for us and not reporting to us. She is taking orders from someone else and telling the residents what someone else wants us to know -- or not know. Is this not a conflict?
We do pay her salary, she is hired by the VCCDD. The board members who serve on the VCCDD board are elected by a single landowner who is the only person having a vote. That landowner is the Developer. So anyway you cut it, the Developer has complete control the VCCDD board who has complete control of hiring Janet Tutt and we do in fact pay her salary. I cannot point out an obvious case where a conflict has occurred under Janet
Tutt's watch, but can offer a case where the person who previously held the position had the Village residents pay for a pond liner for a pond that was on the Developer owned Lopez golf course. An alert Villager successfully headed the effort to get the cost refunded.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know that I have said this on this thread at least three times but I will try again. They found the wood stacked behind four homes if I remember correctly. That would make me suspect that one or two or all of those homes would be involved in this. However, you can't charge someone with something without proof. AND you can investigate but you can't go too far without some probable cause. It's against the law. (I know this from watching NCIS) So we all may be danged sure who we think is the perps, but which or all is the problem.

AND daughter one is visiting and we were out by the pool a good share of yesterday and we couldn't have heard anything two streets over for a good share of the day because our lawn and four of our near neighbors were being cut, trimmed and blown. VERY NOISY.

You can't ask for people's personal records without a reason and I would have to guess that this deed was done with cash. I also want to remind everyone that it was on an island out from the property of the backyards adjacent to it by at least 100 yards, I am guessing.

The man running for county something lives there in that village but not RIGHT there on top of these homes. It is worth a drive through the Village and a look at the maps on sumterpa.com to visualize all this.

I imagine the folks who live close have some really good guesses but you can't acuse people without proof.

I don't live there. I live in a similar small village that is separated from others and I have a hearing loss. As I stated before, someone could be cutting trees apart in their backyard here four streets over and I couldn't see it or hear it. It isn't logical or nice to blame everyone in that village for knowing and not telling.

I cannot see how any of this could have benefited anyone other than the people who were trying to get visual access to the water of Lake Miona. Not the neighbors, not the developers, not the man running for office.

Now that makes four times I have said this, but heck, you can't shut up a person who has taught children for decades.

Bump

Janet Tutt is an excellent administrator. The bill came to the CDD, the CDD paid the bill. I am sure if they can nail the perps they will.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:43 AM
Gold member

Quote:
We had better hope the investigators never have to investigate a serious crime. This should have been a slam dunk for the sheriff's office. The neighborhood residents should give a sworn deposition.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:30 AM
Platinum member

(1) Motive is obvious, to change the view of a small number of homes. That narrows things down. Is there any other reason?

(2) You say the wood from the crime was stacked on the property of only four homes? I didn't know that. That leads one to believe that this may not have been the work of one homeowner, but quite possibly four. Otherwise why would the wood be stacked there? If someone stacks wood on my property without my consent or knowledge, then I'm going to ask questions, and/or object. If I don't ask questions or object, then that leads one to suspect me.

(3) Ask each of the gang of four the question, "Why is the wood on your property?" Don't accept the answer of "I don't know." If I discover cocaine on your property or a stolen Corvette in your garage, would I accept your response that you don't know why it is there? Is that wood from those trees, that belonged to the VCCD, not stolen property, and is that not a crime? Why do you have it?

(4) Charge someone with something and press it hard, and offer to plea bargain for information and this little conspiracy will unravel like a sweater when you pull a loose yarn. These people aren't going to jail. They are just going to have to pony up the money to pay the costs for their stupid and inconsiderate actions, and suffer the public embarassment for what they did, as well they should.

I've never spent one day in law enforcement or criminal investigation, and I've never watched NCIS. , (I'm a "Law and Order" guy) so maybe I'm being naive, but I'm thinking somebody is dropping the ball on this, and that costs us all. And furthermore, I'm wondering why!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
(1) Motive is obvious, to change the view of a small number of homes. That narrows things down. Is there any other reason?

(2) You say the wood from the crime was stacked on the property of only four homes? I didn't know that. That leads one to believe that this may not have been the work of one homeowner, but quite possibly four. Otherwise why would the wood be stacked there? If someone stacks wood on my property without my consent or knowledge, then I'm going to ask questions, and/or object. If I don't ask questions or object, then that leads one to suspect me.

(3) Ask each of the gang of four the question, "Why is the wood on your property?" Don't accept the answer of "I don't know." If I discover cocaine on your property or a stolen Corvette in your garage, would I accept your response that you don't know why it is there? Is that wood from those trees, that belonged to the VCCD, not stolen property, and is that not a crime? Why do you have it?

(4) Charge someone with something and press it hard, and offer to plea bargain for information and this little conspiracy will unravel like a sweater when you pull a loose yarn. These people aren't going to jail. They are just going to have to pony up the money to pay the costs for their stupid and inconsiderate actions, and suffer the public embarassment for what they did, as well they should.

I've never spent one day in law enforcement or criminal investigation, and I've never watched NCIS. , (I'm a "Law and Order" guy) so maybe I'm being naive, but I'm thinking somebody is dropping the ball on this, and that costs us all. And furthermore, I'm wondering why!

Well, I am one of those who believe what Dr. Phil says; People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

But saying that, the law does protect innocent people from being harassed on a suspicion.

I cannot see who would gain anything by this being covered up, or the bill being paid. ( Again, I think I remember that the water authority that imposed the fine would add further charges if it weren't taken care of in a certain length of time.)

As I said previously, I thought I remembered reading that about the wood being stacked...I used to have a better memory. My disc is getting full.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

If the perp had admitted his"mistake" and paid a fine early on, I think that might have sufficed. Now , I believe that there is a good possibility of a criminal conspiracy amoung a group of neighbors and a more severe crime has emerged. Quite often people can not be convicted of a crime, but are tripped up by the conspiracy or obstruction that follows.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

I think your post makes good sense and agree completely. Is it possible that a real investigation never took place? Has Sumter sheriff ever made findings public or is it more convenient to continue to say the investigation continues and specifics can't be made public? Did TV think 50k wasn't worth the hassle...just pay it and be done and everyone would forget about it? Mystifying.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Sage

Proof of the details of a crime...no matter how obvious circumstances may seem to the public...is not always easy to attain.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Proof of the details of a crime...no matter how obvious circumstances may seem to the public...is not always easy to attain.
With a bigger reward, immunity, continued pressure from CDD boards and citizens, some rat will emerge. JMHO
Old 06-21-2015, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
With a bigger reward, immunity, continued pressure from CDD boards and citizens, some rat will emerge. JMHO
Very possible. But even with a rat, that little issue of proof is still there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.