District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
The Developer is not passing any cost. The trees were on property under the control of The Southwest Water District. The $50,000 is not a fine. It is the cost of replacement. Under the terms of agreement it is the VCDD who is responsible for the replacement.

Why is the Developer always at fault?
Because he has all the voting rights and has great influence with Southwest Water District and our loss is his gain because the publicity problem goes awayas quickly as our money
Old 06-24-2015, 02:45 PM
Sage

The Developer has nothing to do with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Because $50K is nothing to the developer, especially when he can pass that cost on to you. While the developer is not having the individual person that cut the trees down pay the fine, he is having the group of people (that the person belongs to= residents) pay the fine.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Sage
Quote:
The Developer is not passing any cost. The trees were on property under the control of The Southwest Water District. The $50,000 is not a fine. It is the cost of replacement. Under the terms of agreement it is the VCDD who is responsible for the replacement.

There was a $30,000 fine imposed on the VCDD by the Southwest Water District before it was determined that the cost to replace the trees would be $50,000.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Because he has all the voting rights and has great influence with Southwest Water District and our loss is his gain because the publicity problem goes awayas quickly as our money
I am not sure the publicity went away. It certainly didn't here. It really wasn't an earth shattering event. Had it been it would have attracted the attention of a story hungry an investigative reporter.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Sage

Quote:

I did not infer the developer was at fault, well at least that was not my intention. I was trying to explain a reason for lack of concern. Weather it is the VCDD or the Developer (same people different names?) either party will pass the costs on.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
You are displaying a lack of knowledge about the residents in other villages that could buy and sell many there.

In addition it is very predjuicial.

And finally because I missed it the first time around......BS!
In what way?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

I suspect there are some Villagers who are very nervous that we simply won't let this thread go. Good! If this crimes doesn't get solved it's a travesty.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
I suspect there are some Villagers who are very nervous that we simply won't let this thread go. Good! If this crimes doesn't get solved it's a travesty.

My experience with ballsy people who do something they shouldn't is that they don't CARE that everyone is mad and upset and righteously indignant. They had the money to have the trees removed from property which was NOT theirs so that they could have a clear view OR advertise a clear view to sell it at a greater profit. Maybe they didn't know it was not allowed to remove trees from a preserve so you can see the lake. Maybe. I betcha that people living there in that community have a pretty good idea who is behind this, but without proof there is NOTHING they can do. All that amounts to is gossip at this point.

I think sooner or later some kid who worked for the tree cutter will have too many beers and tell about that night.......

Every village has this one or that who thinks they are the king of the world. How did they get so nasty and think they are so superior?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You think the perps are reading it? I hadn't thought about that. But my experience with ballsy people who do something they shouldn't is that they don't CARE.
You may be right! Too bad this issue can't get a higher profile. Did you hear me Daily Sun, Orlando Sentinel, or any other entity that buys it's ink by the barrel?

How many days has it been without this crime being solved? I really admire the Sumter County Sheriff, but it's time for his office to step up and apply some pressure to get to the bottom of this. Sheriff, we're your loyal constituents and we need you to come through for us here or tell us why you haven't.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
My experience with ballsy people who do something they shouldn't is that they don't CARE. They had the money to have the trees removed from property which was NOT theirs so that they could have a clear view OR advertise a clear view to sell it at a greater profit. Maybe they didn't know it was not allowed to remove trees from a preserve so you can see the lake. Maybe. I betcha that people living there in that community have a pretty good idea who is behind this, but without proof there is NOTHING they can do. All that amounts to is gossip at this point.

I think sooner or later some kid who worked for the tree cutter will have too many beers and tell about that night.......
So true. The right combination of beer, reward, and immunity might blow the lid off this caper!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
You may be right! Too bad this issue can't get a higher profile. Did you hear me Daily Sun, Orlando Sentinel, or any other entity that buys it's ink by the barrel?

How many days has it been without this crime being solved? I really admire the Sumter County Sheriff, but it's time for his office to step up and apply some pressure to get to the bottom of this. Sheriff, we're your loyal constituents and we need you to come through for us here or tell us why you haven't.

With all due respect, how would that help? And cutting trees down isn't a story. Even fifty thousand dollar tree replacement isn't a story. In Orlando along the pay road they paid millions and millions and millions and millions for those dumb looking palm trees. That is a story.

You could shine the light of the New York times on it and it still wouldn't cause anyone to 'fess up. I bet it was CASH. We have so many loud buzzing sounds with blowers and edgers and cutters...and those houses back to privacy.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
With all due respect, how would that help? And cutting trees down isn't a story. Even fifty thousand dollar tree replacement isn't a story. In Orlando along the pay road they paid millions and millions and millions and millions for those dumb looking palm trees. That is a story.

You could shine the light of the New York times on it and it still wouldn't cause anyone to 'fess up. I bet it was CASH. We have so many loud buzzing sounds with blowers and edgers and cutters...and those houses back to privacy.
All due respect Gracie - this story is not about trees. It is about a serious crime that is obviously being covered up. There is either a conspiracy of silence(another crime) or people are being coerced or threatened not to come forward(another crime). This is NOT small potatoes. IMHO
Old 06-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
All due respect Gracie - this story is not about trees. It is about a serious crime that is obviously being covered up. There is either a conspiracy of silence(another crime) or people are being coerced or threatened not to come forward(another crime). This is NOT small potatoes. IMHO

You know that I respect you mightily. I have never disagreed with anything you have written here, but I don't get that at all.

But I could be wrong. I often am.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
You know that I respect you mightily. I have never disagreed with anything you have written here, but I don't get that at all.

But I could be wrong. I often am.
I also have been wrong once or twice-- We shall see!!!
Keep posting- you keep us all on our toes.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I'm not dismissing this issue at all, but the specifics are not as obvious as you make it sound.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.