District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
All due respect Gracie - this story is not about trees. It is about a serious crime that is obviously being covered up. There is either a conspiracy of silence(another crime) or people are being coerced or threatened not to come forward(another crime). This is NOT small potatoes. IMHO
A serious crime? Conspiracies, coverups, coercion, and threats? FBI time.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
A serious crime? Conspiracies, coverups, coercion, and threats? FBI time.
50 k is serious....to some of you it may be chump change but to most of us it is not
Old 06-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
50 k is serious....to some of you it may be chump change but to most of us it is not
Cost of trees+fine+annual inspections = $100,000 or more
Old 06-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
You may be right! Too bad this issue can't get a higher profile. Did you hear me Daily Sun, Orlando Sentinel, or any other entity that buys it's ink by the barrel?

How many days has it been without this crime being solved? I really admire the Sumter County Sheriff, but it's time for his office to step up and apply some pressure to get to the bottom of this. Sheriff, we're your loyal constituents and we need you to come through for us here or tell us why you haven't.
Why not call and give them you advice?

Sheriff's Office Main Number

(352) 569-1600

Sheriff's Office Main (Villages Toll-Free)

(352) 728-6909

Villages District Office

(352) 689-4600
Old 06-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

(352) 569-1600

(352) 728-6909

Villages District Office

(352) 689-4600
Might be better if you gave Cedwards the number of the Orlando paper. the sheriff and TV district office have sort of put this to bed.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Might be better if you gave Cedwards the number of the Orlando paper. the sheriff and TV district office have sort of put this to bed.
An opinion? Or a fact?
Old 06-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Definitely an opinion.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Or the number of the Northwest Mounties, Sherlock Holmes, Sam Spade, Sergeant Friday, Charlie Chan Boston Blackie, and Bulldog Drummond. Thanks to Searchin' by the Coasters for these suggestions.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Platinum member

Speaking of who should be calling the Sheriff, if I were Ms. Tutt I'd be outraged! Maybe she is, but she should be calling the Sheriff regularly and monitoring the progress on this investigation, and reporting that progress to her citizens. I really don't understand the Daily Sun's apparent apathy on this issue as well.

Last edited by Cedwards38; 06-26-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:48 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

(352) 569-1600

(352) 728-6909

Villages District Office

(352) 689-4600

Your simply not going to get them because they are too busy issuing tickets to motorist and cart drivers on Morse Blvd because that's were the revenue is And yes, I understand the safety aspect.

Perhaps an email to Lauren Ritchie?

Ahh I'm just feeding the thread

Actually this is a dead issue and actually it was an injustice to residents, most of whom are really nice people, but no one out there is listening and no one cares and the sad thing about it all is that the people responsible probably calculated that fact when they decided to do their dirty deed. People that brazen I have found double dare you to prove it. So the best you can do is not make it any easier for them and that at least is the benefit of this thread continuing.

I will say I am enjoying all of the comments

Personal Best Regards:
Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 AM
Platinum member

Chump, sucker, fool, dupe, patsy? That's what I feel like. Choose any of them. Do you feel that way too?
The more I let it stew, the angrier I become with those who ignore this crime and seem to do little to solve it. We seem to have the original perpetrators, bad as they are, and those who enable them to not have to face the consequences of their actions, and I simply do not understand the latter! These are public servants who work for us, and we should demand accountability. OK, I'll admit there may be much I don't know here, but frankly I have a right to know it. So tell me!
Old 06-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

CDD comissioners-- Are you listening to your constituents here?

Up the ante- increase the reward and publically voice your displeasure with the appropriate public officials.

Has anyone heard a public statement from the various CDD boards on this issue?
Old 06-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I can just imagine the lawsuits filed by the perpetrators. The $100,000 will be chump change compared to the lawsuit for libel, slander, false arrest to name a few potential causes of action. No way is the Sheriff, the developer or any other entity going to name anyone without some hard proof and that proof is going to be hard to come by.

Neighbors, and the guilty homeowner, are going to claim they thought the trees were being cut down by some government agency. They have no clue what neighbor did it or paid to have it done will be the response by all, even if they positively know who did it. Even with a lot of luck, proving this crime beyond a reasonable doubt will be difficult if the homeowner had even a modicum of common sense and some smarts. The odds are the folks who actually did the deed are going to keep quiet for fear of criminal charges.

Folks, let it go. Someone committed an obscenity and got away with it. No matter how much we would like to see the perpetrator(s) brought to justice, the odds are against it.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

I think the people that benefited from the tree removal should be looked at a little closer. Maybe a set in at the address would work.We could have a pick nick. Even block the street. Lets face it that deal works just like the government of the US. You will never know. Money talks and BS walks. Bubba is alive and doing fine.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
...Maybe a set in at the address would work.We could have a pick nick. Even block the street...
At least if you did this, SOMEBODY would get arrested.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.