District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

. The Villages Watch do not need to be maligned.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy View Post
I would like to know where The Village Watch was while this was happening. I see them driving around, but I never see them actually doing anything.
Unfare attack!! Why?
Old 07-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy View Post
I would like to know where The Village Watch was while this was happening. I see them driving around, but I never see them actually doing anything.
They are doing just what they are supposed to do "watching".
Old 07-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Sage
Default District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Unfare attack!! Why?
You really think the Watch should have just been there when the deed was done?!?

Tough crowd.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:31 PM

Tree cutting
Those homeowners who border the area affected must know something but are remaining silent. I would suspect that if not directly involved in the act that they know something but aren't talking.
I would suggest the following: Since the property in close proximity to the cleared area benefits in terms of the enhanced view, it would seem only reasonable that those properties have recognized an increase in value. Therefore it is only reasonable that the real estate should be re-assessed to account for this increase in value. It's only fair since the view affects the value of the property.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Sage

So you are suggesting that those properties be reassessed on a different time schedule than other properties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankw View Post
Tree cutting
Those homeowners who border the area affected must know something but are remaining silent. I would suspect that if not directly involved in the act that they know something but aren't talking.
I would suggest the following: Since the property in close proximity to the cleared area benefits in terms of the enhanced view, it would seem only reasonable that those properties have recognized an increase in value. Therefore it is only reasonable that the real estate should be re-assessed to account for this increase in value. It's only fair since the view affects the value of the property.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
I don't know what really happened other than those of us who are residents of The Villages got fined for something we did not do.

I don't know exactly, but really want to know. All I've ever asked is that our local officials inform us of the status of the investigation more than the fact that what they have is inconclusive.

First I mistrust the person or persons who had the idea to secretly and apparently clandestinely cut down some protected trees for whatever reason they may have. Second I mistrust whoever did the actual physical deed of cutting the trees. I would not use the word "mistrust" for others, but I deeply wonder why our local sheriff, local newspaper, district manager, and supervisors are not informing us of the status and details of this investigation, for which the residents of this community paid a substantial fine.

I have accused no one of lying, though I think the person or persons who cut the trees and/or hired the cutting of the trees is lying. I have not pointed a finger of blame. I believe the person or persons who cut the trees or hired someone to cut down the trees profited in some fashion. I do not know that others "profited" in any way, nor have I accused them of such, but I am infinitely curious why this investigation seems so difficult to conclude.

Now, I love our community too. I choose to live here because I love it. This crime will never sit well with me until we know who did it and force them to receive the punishment rather than the citizens of TV. Yes, my share of the fine would be minimal, as would yours, but it's the principle that sticks in my craw, and I hope it does in everyone's.
YOU ARE EXACTLY CORRECT. I try to not post many comments on TOV. The attackers are always waiting to pounce.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
. The Villages Watch do not need to be maligned.
I wouldn't say the Villages Watch was being maligned. My opinion is the post simply stated the truth. For 19 years I have watched the VW make their daily run thru my neighborhood never stopping in that 19 years. If someone would ask why something isn't being done about a infraction, the answer would be they are complaint driven and only act on complaints.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I wouldn't say the Villages Watch was being maligned. My opinion is the post simply stated the truth. For 19 years I have watched the VW make their daily run thru my neighborhood never stopping in that 19 years. If someone would ask why something isn't being done about a infraction, the answer would be they are complaint driven and only act on complaints.
I once got a call from Community Watch at 3:00AM to let me know I had left my garage door open.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I don't think the mission of Villages Watch is to handle infractions of deed restrictions.
I get the impression they drive around looking for odd occurrences, anything out of the ordinary.
Someone mentioned being notified that their garage door was up.
If Village Watch saw someone suspicious lurking in a neighborhood, I bet they would notify the Police.
Village Watch trucks patrolling through neighborhoods gives the welcome impression that The Villages has ongoing security looking out for the welfare of residents.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You really think the Watch should have just been there when the deed was done?!?

Tough crowd.
Actually my post was asking why CW was being unfarely attacked. Apparently I wasn't. clear. CW is a good thing and I support their efforts.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Platinum member

Over seven months now since the illegal cutting and no closer to identifying the bums who did this than we were on the first day it was discovered, and no explanation from officials as to why that is so. Just sayin................
Old 07-11-2015, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

I think we should look back at the real estate agent that was handling the sale of the house that benefited from the view with the trees gone.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankw View Post
Tree cutting
Is there an echo in here? Sometimes it pays to read other posts............
Old 07-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Is there an echo in here? Sometimes it pays to read other posts............
Bogie, If your advice had been followed, this thread would have concluded 45 pages ago.....

In support.....This horse is dead. Get off!!! The merry-go-round has stopped. Get off!!! Catch my drift folks?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.