District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinMd View Post
If this case is not solved something is very fishy.

You have to have proof and if it was a cash transaction, well............Things don't happen like on TV. Plus it was a bloodless crime. And sort of a victimless crime. It was wrong, but very hard to prove.

I am not defending the wrong doer's but what can be done without proof. The wood could be stacked anywhere.

You say it would be fishy. Who do you think is covering up something other than the guilty parties?

Someone did something wrong. Now WE wlll pay because ultimately we are the district. Every one of us, just like we are the government. The tax payers pay for the transgressions of all.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If they were brazen enough to arrange it to happen, knowing it was wrong, I would guess they would lie under oath.

Sheriff's office has issued a thousand dollar reward for information
etc.. That might be attractive to one of the tree sawer's friends and associates.
And that is probably making some people a little nervous. I'll bet they are circling their wagons.

Unless it was the Developer's crew manning the chain saws it has nothing to do with the him. In fact, were I the Developer I would be concerned because everything negative that happens here seems to be blamed on him.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:39 PM

I said it was fishy because this case has not been solved. The guilty parties are the only ones trying to cover this up for obvious reasons. The proof will come out when someone comes forward with information. The way you get this information is applying pressure to the suspects. Another way is when someone gets in trouble and wants to trade their information to get off (it's called flipping). I do understand it's not like tv shows, I'm basing my statements on 30 plus years of police and detective work. Another avenue of investigation is to find out who if anyone has applied to have those trees removed by legal means. I wouldn't suspect the developer in this because I see nothing he would gain and if he did I'm sure he has the resources to accomplish it.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Someone right her in The Villages knows who did this, and they are perfectly content to let the rest of us pay for it through the District. Thanks Neighbor!
Sort of reminds me of the people crashing through the gates - someone knows who's doing it, but won't snitch. WE PAY FOR THOSE ALSO, NEIGHBORS!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I smell a rat !!!! Maybe more than just one. My thought are that perhaps several neighbors joined together and hired someone to cut the trees. The act took considerable time and no one saw or heard anything ?? C'mon. Those who know something are not talking.
The Sheriff's Office should hire my wife to question the neighbors in that area, she can get a confession out of a "person of interest" quicker than anyone I've seen.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:50 PM

Yeah, I had and EX wife like that, I hope yours only uses her skills for good, and not against you. LOL
Old 01-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Special assess each resident in that Village an amount appropriate to cover the $30,000. It won't take long before we find out who the culprits are.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Special assess each resident in that Village an amount appropriate to cover the $30,000. It won't take long before we find out who the culprits are.

Some may know but many wouldn't. That doesn't seem fair. ANYWAY, things don't work like that here. Hoping they never are run by residents.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You know that I am a great fan of yours Challenger, but I can't figure out what you are getting at. Do you think that someone from the district issued the orders for the tree removal?

I don't think so. They have carried new trees everywhere in the new areas to be planted. It would not benefit the district for a few homes already inhabited to have a clear view of the lake. I think the fault lies where the wood lay stacked.

Good point, it would not be the first time someone from the district made a mistake and tried to hide the damages. It concerns me that the district was awfully quick to assume they would pay to clean up the mess.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

How about a reward for information leading to the arrest.......
Old 01-18-2015, 11:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Good point, it would not be the first time someone from the district made a mistake and tried to hide the damages. It concerns me that the district was awfully quick to assume they would pay to clean up the mess.

Oh Come on. WHY would the district fell trees behind some four someone's homes????? I cannot think of any plausible reason.

As Judge Judy says, If it doesn't make sense then it isn't the truth.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

If I recall the original article, the trees were cut down, but not removed, and some of the branches, etc. were dragged into the wetlands causing additional damage. If this was done to get a better view, it should be relatively easy to determine who gets the better view and start asking questions. The only other reason might be if there was a lot of lawn clean up due to leaves, which should be obvious also. I cannot imagine any other reasons for cutting down these trees. I hope that the people who know or saw what was going on come forward, so the guilty can be brought to justice.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 AM

So, who benefits from the tree removal? Maybe a home owner who is preparing to sell their house. Think of the steps "necessary" to take to get the house ready for selling at a maximum price....paint, clean up clutter, wash windows, and chop down the trees that block the water view. Just speculating...
Old 01-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbinnj View Post
So, who benefits from the tree removal? Maybe a home owner who is preparing to sell their house. Think of the steps "necessary" to take to get the house ready for selling at a maximum price....paint, clean up clutter, wash windows, and chop down the trees that block the water view. Just speculating...

Makes sense.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
How about a reward for information leading to the arrest.......
See post #25.......................

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.