Emergency alert devices

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2015, 09:02 PM
Default Emergency alert devices

I would like some recommendations on emergency alert devices. There are several advertised but I don't know anyone who has one.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsuewerb View Post
I would like some recommendations on emergency alert devices. There are several advertised but I don't know anyone who has one.
We have a Phillips device for my mom who lives with us. You push the button in case of an emergency but it also alerts them with the motion of a fall which is good because if you fell down because you passed out or whatever you can't push a button. I did my homework and also talked to someone we know in the business who recommended Phillips.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Smile Philips Lifeline

I second Philips!
About five years ago we signed up for Philips Lifeline for my mom who lives with us. We were living in NY at the time but moved to TV and have transferred the service to our home. We opted for the fall alert as she has chronic vertigo and is often unstable on her feet. With the fall alert it is not necessary for you to press the button for help. Somehow... and I mean somehow... they know the difference between plopping on the sofa and a real fall. My mom has fallen 4 times since she starting using the service. Within 30 seconds (or less) of the fall they come on the system that can be heard throughout the whole house and ask if you are OK. If there is no response they dispatch 911. Thank goodness that all four times someone was in the house with her to assist her in getting up. One time she was in NY and I was vacationing in TV and received a non emergency call from them that said that my mom's alert box was not working properly and they advised to reset it.
We have a drop box on the side of the house that they have the code to so that if they dispatch 911 the responders do not have to break down the door. They also automatically call me as the first contact.
I highly recommend them. The fall service is about 50 per month. That includes the box and the alert button that is worn around the neck. I feel it is worth every penny. Piece of mind is a wonderful thing!
Closed Thread

Tags
emergency, devices, alert, advertised, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.