District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #211  
Old 04-09-2015, 04:26 AM
Bonanza's Avatar
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,986
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
The silence is deafening.
Although I'm sure the Police are still working "behind the scenes".
It seems strange that a huge issue would get so little media focus.
[SIZE="4"]I agree with you, Bare. I also believe the only real media coverage we would ever get, will come from Orlando, not here.

I find the majority of Villagers to be complacent and don't want to be bothered with most things unless it's something that can bring a smile to their face. In short -- they simply want to go on living their happy-go-lucky lifestyle.

That's all well and good, however, there are some real things for which the the populace is entitled to get some real answers. The tree issue is one of them. The erosion under the Lake Sumpter Bridge is another. Why haven't we heard anything? I still don't understand how the residents can be held responsible for paying the millions to correct this problem. I still don't understand how a public road can be built on private property and then the residents are responsible for paying for this repair. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how that makes sense. I also don't get why the residents are paying the developer's attorney fees for the bond issue.
__________________
A Promise Made is a Debt Unpaid
~~ Robert W. Service ~~
  #212  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:49 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,370
Thanks: 3,144
Thanked 2,734 Times in 996 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
[SIZE="4"]I agree with you, Bare. I also believe the only real media coverage we would ever get, will come from Orlando, not here.

I find the majority of Villagers to be complacent and don't want to be bothered with most things unless it's something that can bring a smile to their face. In short -- they simply want to go on living their happy-go-lucky lifestyle.

That's all well and good, however, there are some real things for which the the populace is entitled to get some real answers. The tree issue is one of them. The erosion under the Lake Sumpter Bridge is another. Why haven't we heard anything? I still don't understand how the residents can be held responsible for paying the millions to correct this problem. I still don't understand how a public road can be built on private property and then the residents are responsible for paying for this repair. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how that makes sense. I also don't get why the residents are paying the developer's attorney fees for the bond issue.

Because it is protecting all of us and the CDD from the IRS who is challenging the very issue of the CDD.

I love your new font and I think these are legitimate questions. After you are here for awhile you see that no one is accessed anything for these things. There are wise funds held for these repairs. Many people are skeptical about the developers, I am skeptical about their detractors.

The developers are not horn tooters or very big on explaining. They hide and do good things.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #213  
Old 04-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,484
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,111 Times in 544 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
[SIZE="4"]I agree with you, Bare. I also believe the only real media coverage we would ever get, will come from Orlando, not here.

I find the majority of Villagers to be complacent and don't want to be bothered with most things unless it's something that can bring a smile to their face. In short -- they simply want to go on living their happy-go-lucky lifestyle.

That's all well and good, however, there are some real things for which the the populace is entitled to get some real answers. The tree issue is one of them. The erosion under the Lake Sumpter Bridge is another. Why haven't we heard anything? I still don't understand how the residents can be held responsible for paying the millions to correct this problem. I still don't understand how a public road can be built on private property and then the residents are responsible for paying for this repair. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how that makes sense. I also don't get why the residents are paying the developer's attorney fees for the bond issue.
Why not go to the district meetings and find out your answers? Rather than reposting the same old questions.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #214  
Old 04-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Challenger's Avatar
Challenger Challenger is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,172
Thanks: 48
Thanked 300 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why not go to the district meetings and find out your answers? Rather than reposting the same old questions.
Because rumors and conspiracy theories are much more fun than mere facts.
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke 1729-1797
  #215  
Old 04-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Mleeja's Avatar
Mleeja Mleeja is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Santiago
Posts: 1,517
Thanks: 2
Thanked 282 Times in 105 Posts
Default

Lordy, I had thought this topic had sunk to the bottom of lake sumter along with the bridge. boggie shooter is one hundred percent correct! Go to a meeting. There is a period for the residents to ask any question they want.
  #216  
Old 04-09-2015, 07:13 PM
gomoho's Avatar
gomoho gomoho is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Why are folks sick and tired of this post even paying attention to it? If you are tired of it don't look at it and let those that wish to continue to discuss do so without your negative comments.
  #217  
Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Mleeja's Avatar
Mleeja Mleeja is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Santiago
Posts: 1,517
Thanks: 2
Thanked 282 Times in 105 Posts
Default

Because after 22 pages of comments NO one says anything new.
  #218  
Old 04-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Challenger's Avatar
Challenger Challenger is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,172
Thanks: 48
Thanked 300 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Tired of these posts? Stop opening!!!
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke 1729-1797
  #219  
Old 04-10-2015, 01:49 AM
Bonanza's Avatar
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,986
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why not go to the district meetings and find out your answers? Rather than reposting the same old questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Because rumors and conspiracy theories are much more fun than mere facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Lordy, I had thought this topic had sunk to the bottom of lake sumter along with the bridge. boggie shooter is one hundred percent correct! Go to a meeting. There is a period for the residents to ask any question they want.
These topics have been brought up at meetings and the responses from the powers that be have been gobbledygook and cliff hangers.

Bogie, Challenger and Mleeja: Have any of you been to any meetings???
__________________
A Promise Made is a Debt Unpaid
~~ Robert W. Service ~~
  #220  
Old 04-10-2015, 02:00 AM
Bonanza's Avatar
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,986
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Tired of these posts? Stop opening!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Because after 22 pages of comments NO one says anything new.
So this must mean you are a Villager who is complacent regarding important things and really don't care about what gets done, what doesn't get done, who does it and who pays for it.

Life goes on regardless, right?

And becuase you say that no one says anything new, I guess it's okay just to forget about it and sweep it under a carpet.

Just as Challenger says -- no one is forcing you to read this thread!
__________________
A Promise Made is a Debt Unpaid
~~ Robert W. Service ~~
  #221  
Old 04-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Bonanza's Avatar
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,986
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Why are folks sick and tired of this post even paying attention to it? If you are tired of it don't look at it and let those that wish to continue to discuss do so without your negative comments.

Amen!
__________________
A Promise Made is a Debt Unpaid
~~ Robert W. Service ~~
  #222  
Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,370
Thanks: 3,144
Thanked 2,734 Times in 996 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

In my opinion, again I say..........There isn't a conspiracy. Our amenity fees are based on cost of living. We won't have a special assessment. I say that after living here for eight years.

Hide and watch. You won't pay a penny, I won't pay a penny. BUT if it was a traditionally run community, run less efficiently, we would be wasting money all over the place.

I am hoping that the people who are critical have gone to the meetings particularly the orientation meetings that explain how a CDD works.

It isn't clear whether the people who are critical have gone to the meetings or not. I can't see how the culpability for the illegal tree removal is linked to how the district is run. It is clear to me that some homeowners have commissioned the tree removal to restore the clear view they THOUGHT they were entitled to and a government agency saw otherwise about cutting down protected live oak trees and fined the owner of the property where the oak trees grew; THE DISTRICT..
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-10-2015 at 05:49 AM.
  #223  
Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 AM
LndLocked LndLocked is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 859
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In my opinion, again I say..........There isn't a conspiracy. Our amenity fees are based on cost of living. We won't have a special assessment. I say that after living here for eight years.

Hide and watch. You won't pay a penny, I won't pay a penny. BUT if it was a traditionally run community, run less efficiently, we would be wasting money all over the place.

I am hoping that the people who are critical have gone to the meetings particularly the orientation meetings that explain how a CDD works.

It isn't clear whether the people who are critical have gone to the meetings or not. I can't see how the culpability for the illegal tree removal is linked to how the district is run. It is clear to me that some homeowners have commissioned the tree removal to restore the clear view they THOUGHT they were entitled to and a government agency saw otherwise about cutting down protected live oak trees and fined the owner of the property where the oak trees grew; THE DISTRICT..
If amenity fees are utilized to mitigate the unauthorized & illegal tree removal ..... then you and everyone that paid those fees ARE in effect paying.

It might not be via a special assessment that is specifically earmarked for the mitigation .... but residents of districts south of 466 ARE paying.
  #224  
Old 04-10-2015, 08:43 AM
tommy steam tommy steam is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York, Georgia , Arizona, Vietnam 66 67
Posts: 1,369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I still say they should put up a reward of 5k or more to anyone, no questions asked, for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible. Money talks.
  #225  
Old 04-10-2015, 11:23 AM
LndLocked LndLocked is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 859
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I still say they should put up a reward of 5k or more to anyone, no questions asked, for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible. Money talks.
I believe that their was / is currently a reward posted for info that is in excess of 5K,

Out of shear curiosity I dove to the area where his happened and IMO, their is NO POSSIBLE way that this amount of tree removal could have happened without SEVERAL adjoining properly owners not being fully aware of who did it (both company doing the cutting and who paid for it). It is a conspiracy of silence that is costing each and every property owner south of 466.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.