District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2015, 04:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
The silence is deafening.
Although I'm sure the Police are still working "behind the scenes".
It seems strange that a huge issue would get so little media focus.
[SIZE="4"]I agree with you, Bare. I also believe the only real media coverage we would ever get, will come from Orlando, not here.

I find the majority of Villagers to be complacent and don't want to be bothered with most things unless it's something that can bring a smile to their face. In short -- they simply want to go on living their happy-go-lucky lifestyle.

That's all well and good, however, there are some real things for which the the populace is entitled to get some real answers. The tree issue is one of them. The erosion under the Lake Sumpter Bridge is another. Why haven't we heard anything? I still don't understand how the residents can be held responsible for paying the millions to correct this problem. I still don't understand how a public road can be built on private property and then the residents are responsible for paying for this repair. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how that makes sense. I also don't get why the residents are paying the developer's attorney fees for the bond issue.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
[SIZE="4"]I agree with you, Bare. I also believe the only real media coverage we would ever get, will come from Orlando, not here.

I find the majority of Villagers to be complacent and don't want to be bothered with most things unless it's something that can bring a smile to their face. In short -- they simply want to go on living their happy-go-lucky lifestyle.

That's all well and good, however, there are some real things for which the the populace is entitled to get some real answers. The tree issue is one of them. The erosion under the Lake Sumpter Bridge is another. Why haven't we heard anything? I still don't understand how the residents can be held responsible for paying the millions to correct this problem. I still don't understand how a public road can be built on private property and then the residents are responsible for paying for this repair. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how that makes sense. I also don't get why the residents are paying the developer's attorney fees for the bond issue.

Because it is protecting all of us and the CDD from the IRS who is challenging the very issue of the CDD.

I love your new font and I think these are legitimate questions. After you are here for awhile you see that no one is accessed anything for these things. There are wise funds held for these repairs. Many people are skeptical about the developers, I am skeptical about their detractors.

The developers are not horn tooters or very big on explaining. They hide and do good things.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Why not go to the district meetings and find out your answers? Rather than reposting the same old questions.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why not go to the district meetings and find out your answers? Rather than reposting the same old questions.
Because rumors and conspiracy theories are much more fun than mere facts.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Platinum member

Lordy, I had thought this topic had sunk to the bottom of lake sumter along with the bridge. boggie shooter is one hundred percent correct! Go to a meeting. There is a period for the residents to ask any question they want.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Sage

Why are folks sick and tired of this post even paying attention to it? If you are tired of it don't look at it and let those that wish to continue to discuss do so without your negative comments.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Platinum member

Because after 22 pages of comments NO one says anything new.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Tired of these posts? Stop opening!!!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Because rumors and conspiracy theories are much more fun than mere facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Lordy, I had thought this topic had sunk to the bottom of lake sumter along with the bridge. boggie shooter is one hundred percent correct! Go to a meeting. There is a period for the residents to ask any question they want.
These topics have been brought up at meetings and the responses from the powers that be have been gobbledygook and cliff hangers.

Bogie, Challenger and Mleeja: Have any of you been to any meetings???
Old 04-10-2015, 02:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Tired of these posts? Stop opening!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Because after 22 pages of comments NO one says anything new.
So this must mean you are a Villager who is complacent regarding important things and really don't care about what gets done, what doesn't get done, who does it and who pays for it.

Life goes on regardless, right?

And becuase you say that no one says anything new, I guess it's okay just to forget about it and sweep it under a carpet.

Just as Challenger says -- no one is forcing you to read this thread!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Why are folks sick and tired of this post even paying attention to it? If you are tired of it don't look at it and let those that wish to continue to discuss do so without your negative comments.

Amen!
Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

In my opinion, again I say..........There isn't a conspiracy. Our amenity fees are based on cost of living. We won't have a special assessment. I say that after living here for eight years.

Hide and watch. You won't pay a penny, I won't pay a penny. BUT if it was a traditionally run community, run less efficiently, we would be wasting money all over the place.

I am hoping that the people who are critical have gone to the meetings particularly the orientation meetings that explain how a CDD works.

It isn't clear whether the people who are critical have gone to the meetings or not. I can't see how the culpability for the illegal tree removal is linked to how the district is run. It is clear to me that some homeowners have commissioned the tree removal to restore the clear view they THOUGHT they were entitled to and a government agency saw otherwise about cutting down protected live oak trees and fined the owner of the property where the oak trees grew; THE DISTRICT..

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-10-2015 at 05:49 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In my opinion, again I say..........There isn't a conspiracy. Our amenity fees are based on cost of living. We won't have a special assessment. I say that after living here for eight years.

Hide and watch. You won't pay a penny, I won't pay a penny. BUT if it was a traditionally run community, run less efficiently, we would be wasting money all over the place.

I am hoping that the people who are critical have gone to the meetings particularly the orientation meetings that explain how a CDD works.

It isn't clear whether the people who are critical have gone to the meetings or not. I can't see how the culpability for the illegal tree removal is linked to how the district is run. It is clear to me that some homeowners have commissioned the tree removal to restore the clear view they THOUGHT they were entitled to and a government agency saw otherwise about cutting down protected live oak trees and fined the owner of the property where the oak trees grew; THE DISTRICT..
If amenity fees are utilized to mitigate the unauthorized & illegal tree removal ..... then you and everyone that paid those fees ARE in effect paying.

It might not be via a special assessment that is specifically earmarked for the mitigation .... but residents of districts south of 466 ARE paying.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Gold member

I still say they should put up a reward of 5k or more to anyone, no questions asked, for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible. Money talks.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I still say they should put up a reward of 5k or more to anyone, no questions asked, for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible. Money talks.
I believe that their was / is currently a reward posted for info that is in excess of 5K,

Out of shear curiosity I dove to the area where his happened and IMO, their is NO POSSIBLE way that this amount of tree removal could have happened without SEVERAL adjoining properly owners not being fully aware of who did it (both company doing the cutting and who paid for it). It is a conspiracy of silence that is costing each and every property owner south of 466.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.