District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Isn't it about time to move on regarding this tree cutting incident? Enough has been said IMHO.
For those who have heard enough on the subject, move on! No one is making these posts mandatory reading for anyone. Those of us who think that very important principles are involved continue to keep the issue alive.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
For those who have heard enough on the subject, move on! No one is making these posts mandatory reading for anyone. Those of us who think that very important principles are involved continue to keep the issue alive.

Agree. Those that want to move on, no need to click on this thread. For those of us that want justice served, we never know when the next post is going to make us slap our head and say 'that's what happened' or 'that's why they did that' or 'now it all makes sense'.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:10 AM
Sage

Why do you think it is up to the developer to go after whoever did this? It seems like a criminal matter to me. It did not happen, as far as I know, on developer owned land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Gracie, you have had an interesting take on not breaking the rules vs. not going after rule breakers. And I can understand that on one level.

My take is a bit different. As long as people think they can get away with stuff like this (because of exactly the outcome--developer not wanting to take the time & effort or suffer the bad publicity to go after them more thoroughly), they will continue to pull stuff like this. It may be 50K here, 15K there, but it's coming out of the little people's pockets, and that pi$$e$ me off royally.

In the meantime, I will not lose sleep over it. But it just ain't right.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,479 Times in 712 Posts

Remember whem the oak trees were cut down at Buena Vista and Old Mill Run to build the Edgewater Bungalows? That wide open expanse with the trees gave way to construction of villas. I would imagine that the people who backed up to there missed those trees.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Why do you think it is up to the developer to go after whoever did this? It seems like a criminal matter to me. It did not happen, as far as I know, on developer owned land.
Good question, biker1. Such actions are permit violations...state issues that are up to the state to pursue.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Isn't it about time to move on regarding this tree cutting incident? Enough has been said IMHO.
With over 23,000 views of this thread, and 16 posts today, it seems there is still a lot of interest in this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Those that want to move on, no need to click on this thread. For those of us that want justice served, we never know when the next post is going to make us slap our head and say 'that's what happened' or 'that's why they did that' or 'now it all makes sense'.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How could the developers in any way benefit from any of this. This is small change to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
The developer has nothing to gain by pursuing this, but a lot to lose from the potential bad publicity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Selfish old folks mucking with the environment for their convenience draws nothing but negative publicity and an extremely ugly picture of TV residents. For those who think nature needs nurturing (and not just the serious tree hungers), this wanton act is a serious issue and enough to take TV off their short list of retirement considerations. Definitely something the developer had to have considered.
I initially thought "what does the Developer have to gain" by getting this issue dealt with quickly; since houses in that area were sold many years ago. Now I can see that the specter of bad publicity could be a motivating factor in getting this issue quickly "put to bed".
Old 06-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I initially thought "what does the Developer have to gain" by getting this issue dealt with quickly; since houses in that area were sold many years ago. Now I can see that the specter of bad publicity could be a motivating factor in getting this issue quickly "put to bed".
\\\
Old 06-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Wonder what would happen if a tenacious investigative reported took an interest in this case? Maybe someone who did not think well about TV. Ummmmm
Old 06-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Wonder what would happen if a tenacious investigative reported took an interest in this case? Maybe someone who did not think well about TV. Ummmmm
Remain calm, Gracie. Deep breaths.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Such as Lauren Ritchie, perhaps?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Sage

Maybe check out the bridge issue too.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

so much for those that called "BS" on my statement the wealthy get a pass.....I'm sure the Sheriff's Dept is working as hard as OJ to find the perps
Old 06-23-2015, 07:08 AM
Platinum member

Well, I see we didn't solve the case overnight.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Such as Lauren Ritchie, perhaps?
The post said "reporter".

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.