District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2015, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We all think we "know" what happened. Just no proof of exactly which who was involved.

AND apparently no way to find out more. I'd say cash was used. And we may never find out and it may never be resolved. That doesn't mean the LEO's aren't doing their job or there is a conspiracy by neighbors or the developers to cover it up.

It stinks. Hoping for what goes around, comes around. I doubt if "they" are popular at the local pot lucks.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Gold member

Optimism, folks...get you some. Could it be that the trees eventually fulfilled a useful and meaningful purpose. Perhaps they were turned into paper and ultimately ended up as vegan recipe books or pieces of cardboard that homeless people can scrawl their plaintive messages upon. What if they were turned into winning lottery tickets? Maybe a chainsaw artist transformed them into statues of porpoises or mermaids. Hopefully somewhere, a small boy now has a fort to play in or a Tarpon Springs sponge diver has a spiffy new wooden hull. My hope is that they were turned into golf tees. Later...time for my meds...well I call it meds anyway.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Sage
Default District to Pay for Unauthorized Tree Cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We all think we "know" what happened...
Not Everybody! I don't have a clue.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Sage

With all of this talk about who cut down the trees you'd think that it would have stopped. The other night about dusk, a landscaper with a huge trailer passed us on morse going really fast. He had a huge oak tree in the back of his truck. I thought I wonder if it was a diseased tree. I looked at the trunk which was at least 4 ft around and it looked solid. The trailer was full of all of the greenery and it was perfectly green, no brown at all. He was definitely in a hurry to get somewhere fast. My thought was he cut down someone's oak tree and knew it was not allowed. That's a huge risk for him to take.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
With all of this talk about who cut down the trees you'd think that it would have stopped. The other night about dusk, a landscaper with a huge trailer passed us on morse going really fast. He had a huge oak tree in the back of his truck. I thought I wonder if it was a diseased tree. I looked at the trunk which was at least 4 ft around and it looked solid. The trailer was full of all of the greenery and it was perfectly green, no brown at all. He was definitely in a hurry to get somewhere fast. My thought was he cut down someone's oak tree and knew it was not allowed. That's a huge risk for him to take.
Maybe the tree was an eye witness and being hustled to testify in the great oak caper!
Old 07-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
We all think we "know" what happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Not Everybody! I don't have a clue.
If you read through the last 545 posts, it's hard to separate the "knowers" from the "speculators".
Old 07-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

some here with lame attempts at humor miss the gravity of the situation. If it had been 50k damage to your home and no one was talking I'm sure you'd have a different opinion. well this act of environmental terrorism was against ALL of us. Not a laughing manner even if in the grand scheme of things it's only a dollar or two for each of us.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
some here with lame attempts at humor miss the gravity of the situation. If it had been 50k damage to your home and no one was talking I'm sure you'd have a different opinion. well this act of environmental terrorism was against ALL of us. Not a laughing manner even if in the grand scheme of things it's only a dollar or two for each of us.
The environmental terrorism is the government fining innocent parties for something that someone else did. The environmental gestapo should have just required TV to replant some trees. But that's the government "serving" the citizens.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Sage

Quote:

I didn't think it was funny when some suggested that all people who live in Premier neighborhoods were something less than ethical.

All neighborhoods have their hoods and their good people.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I didn't think it was funny when some suggested that all people who live in Premier neighborhoods were something less than ethical.

All neighborhoods have their hoods and their good people.
I never suggest all people
Old 07-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Not sure if I "missed" the gravity of the situation, but as it pertains to me, I certainly deny it. You are probably right. I would be pretty annoyed if it were my view that was spoiled, but it wasn't. As for my feelings about having to pay my unfair share to atone for someone else's fiasco, they are miniscule compared to the way I feel every April 15th. I allocate a couple of hundred a month to my "getting screwed fund". Cheaper than therapy and healthier than booze.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Environmental terrorism. I'm sorry, but I chuckled at that.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:04 PM

All of the comments, theories, and posturing aside, does anyone know if their is an ongoing active investigation by law inforcement? Are we any closer to finding out who is responsible?
Old 07-13-2015, 04:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy Chips View Post
All of the comments, theories, and posturing aside, does anyone know if their is an ongoing active investigation by law inforcement? Are we any closer to finding out who is responsible?

Who would we ask? I would assume that all of the stones have been turned. I know this because I watch CSI.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.