Dixie’s Tupperware Party

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Dixie’s Tupperware Party

So did you go? If so what did you think? It was funny but a little too much at times.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I thought it was hysterical. If there is another Tupperware Party I am going.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Platinum member

unfortunately most Tupperware is way overpriced now, even though it is of pretty good quality.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Where was this party? Why was it funny? I have pieces of Tupperware that are 25 years old and like new. I wonder if they're still made with the same quality.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Sage

I was curious, this is what I found on google. Apparently Dixie was at the Savannah Centre on May 11. According to the Ocala magazine, tickets were $29 to $40.

"Dixie Longate, the fast-talking Tupperware Lady, packed up her catalogues, left her children in an Alabama trailer park and took Off-Broadway by storm! Now, join Dixie as she travels the country throwing good ol’ fashioned Tupperware Parties filled with outrageously funny tales, heartfelt account, FREE giveaways, audience participation and the most fabulous assortment of Tupperware ever shown on a theatre stage."
Old 05-12-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
So did you go? If so what did you think? It was funny but a little too much at times.
We went to the 8:00pm show last night. It was funny, but also clearly stated "adult content". Some may not have liked it but we found it funny. Dixie talked almost non-stop for the entire show. Thought it was clever to hand out Tupperware catalogs for programs. Nope...didn't buy anything.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I was curious, this is what I found on google. Apparently Dixie was at the Savannah Centre on May 11. According to the Ocala magazine, tickets were $29 to $40.

"Dixie Longate, the fast-talking Tupperware Lady, packed up her catalogues, left her children in an Alabama trailer park and took Off-Broadway by storm! Now, join Dixie as she travels the country throwing good ol’ fashioned Tupperware Parties filled with outrageously funny tales, heartfelt account, FREE giveaways, audience participation and the most fabulous assortment of Tupperware ever shown on a theatre stage."
Hmm, thanks. That explains it.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Where was this party? Why was it funny? I have pieces of Tupperware that are 25 years old and like new. I wonder if they're still made with the same quality.

If you have old Tupperware that's like new, you obviously don't use it very much.

Sell the stuff on eBay!

And BTW -- it isn't referred to as old. It's called "vintage!"
Old 05-13-2019, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

I've been loyal to Tupperware since the 70s but once online ordering was implemented, goodbye parties! Even before that, I'd get the contact info for a dealer and buy directly from her (it was always a woman).

More recently, it occurred to me that I'm a fool and switched from Tupperware to other brands, especially Rubbermaid for storage containers. Why pay two or three times the price when Tupperware hasn't even solved their staining problem yet?

Naturally I'm happy for anyone who went and enjoyed themselves and hats off to Dixie, who seems to have created quite a career for herself!
Old 05-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
If you have old Tupperware that's like new, you obviously don't use it very much.

Sell the stuff on eBay!

And BTW -- it isn't referred to as old. It's called "vintage!"
My Tupperware bowl is orange and has an opaque white lid. I think it holds about 3 or 4 cups. I took it home from work one day because a lazy colleague was going to throw it out rather than clean it. I love the thing and use it all the time, since the early '90s. I don't know how long the lazy colleague had it before that.

I've had Rubbermaid containers also, and either the lids or the lips of the containers crack.

I also have these tiny little Tupperware containers that hold roughly a quarter cup. I use them all the time, both for dry and wet ingredients, and transporting prescription pills when I need to.

I haven't bought any Tupperware in ages, so I don't know if the quality is the same as it used to be.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Trixie is a drag queen and stand up comic. The show would have been xrated if it was rated. I found it to be extremely funny and so did my friends.
Closed Thread

Tags
times, funny, party, tupperware, dixie’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.