DMV on 466 open?

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2021, 07:56 AM
Default DMV on 466 open?

I have tried calling and get a fast busy, anyone know if they are open for walk in's ?
I want to ask them about gifting my recently deceased wife's car to her daughter.

Don
Old 05-04-2021, 08:01 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcolli View Post
I have tried calling and get a fast busy, anyone know if they are open for walk in's ?
I want to ask them about gifting my recently deceased wife's car to her daughter.

Don
You can jump online, make an appointmentnfor today, and go..
Old 05-05-2021, 06:27 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Still only open by appointment? Why? Why are state offices closed to public except by appointment? Grocery stores, big box stores, etc., open. Are state offices special?
Old 05-05-2021, 07:18 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I send a email to them with my question, and they gave me a number to call.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

If you have all the things you need such as a registration renewal there is a drop box outside.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Still only open by appointment? Why? Why are state offices closed to public except by appointment? Grocery stores, big box stores, etc., open. Are state offices special?
Yes, they have good union along with teachers and federal employees.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default The union for federal employees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Yes, they have good union along with teachers and federal employees.
is voluntary and pretty much useless. Now if you're high up in the food chain it's different...as with most jobs. Unions do what will benefit the upper echelons of union leadership....

Happy to discuss since I'm a retired fed employee since 2009.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:49 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
is voluntary and pretty much useless. Now if you're high up in the food chain it's different...as with most jobs. Unions do what will benefit the upper echelons of union leadership....

Happy to discuss since I'm a retired fed employee since 2009.
Dad is a retired fed employee since 1990! He always loved to talk about "slick (sick) leave". He still gets his pension and insurance. He is now 5 years past the number of years he worked.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Yes, they are. Government job security. Private business. If, you can function with half the staff, duh you do not need half of your staff.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcolli View Post

Don
Are you saying 466a and Powell ave? The library? It is perhaps closer to us. I've just walked in. Perhaps, the luck of the draw. I've always found people to be helpful, last time, only time this happened while I did get an answer the person I spoke to seemed to be bothered doing her job.

You need a human to guide you. I think for a binding contract you need to charge her a dollar or so. That will open up a can of worms as people try to avoid paying sales tax on a car.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:38 AM
Default Dmv

Having recently moved here from another FL County, I went to the County Bldg on Powell to change my address, and renew my tag that was expiring soon at the DMV. I was stopped at the desk in the Lobby to answer why I was there today. My name was taken, and told I would be called soon. About ten minutes later I was called to the desk, and asked what I needed done. I was then told I would have to make an appointment, and told what documentation I would need to change my License address. After my license address was updated, then I could go through the "drive thru" to do my other business (renew my tag). I was assigned an appointment for the next afternoon, and told to check in at the lobby desk ten minutes early.
The next day I showed up, and "checked in". I was called, and instructed to go down the hall to the DMV and check in at the desk there. I did. I was given a number and told to wait till my # (mine was next) and Station number was announced on the large screen, and PA (just like the "old" days).
Once in at the DMV station (only 2 stations were operational) the woman was great (and was nice enough to also renew my tag without a word that I could go through the "drive thru"). I thanked her profusely.
Sorry such a long post....but a lot of extra steps, and time, to do stuff that used to be simple.
Closed Thread

Tags
open, dmv, gifting, recently, walk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.