Do any other pool owners have green water?

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2019, 07:47 AM

TD is correct on the issue of increased rain but, in my opinion, they are not maintaining your pool properly. I have a 10,000 gallon, salt water, pool, that I maintain with test strips and occasional trips to Pinch a Penny with water samples for them to test and recommend the chemicals to add. I have never had such a problem in over ten years of maintaining the pool.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:54 AM

T&D is a large company maybe your tech needs retraining
Old 07-22-2019, 07:59 AM

No problem...have T&D drain your pool, slight treatment to the Walls & floor of pool, fill it back up with fresh water FROM YOUR HOSE!!!!
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PAY $700+ for water to be delivered...the water refill from your hose will cost you about $70-90 on your water bill...good luck👍🏻
Old 07-22-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I owned two different homes with pools in Pensacola and we didn't even have bird cages. Never had any problem and maintained them myself. Get a barrel of raw chlorine and throw in a couple of cups into the water and shock the pool. You should do that every spring anyway. Get an automated chlorinater if there isn't one already installed on your filter. It will looks something like this.

The Villages Florida

Then buy a bucket of chlorine tablets and keep it filled. Buy a test kit, you probably got one with the pool. Backwash your pool filter once a week. Check the
skimmer baskets everyday. You can buy a Kreepy Krawler if need for the walls and bottom. Cancel your service with T&D and save money.
I agree, we maintain our pool and we have no issues. We had hired a pool maintenance company when we finished our pool construction. I verified the pool chemical levels before the guy showed up, just to see how he was going to take care of it, well, he let the PH go when it should have been adjusted, same with all the other levels, when I asked him about he blew me off and said it was fine, and he skipped vacuuming and brushing on many occasions, when he thought we were not home, needless tot say we fired the company. We have a salt water pool with a chlorinator and automatic Muriatic acid dispenser, very easy to maintain. You can take a water sample to the T&D pool store and they will check it for free, I take a sample once a month, just to verify that my readings are the same as there analyzer, and it's been spot on. I do check the chemicals 2-3 times a week, mainly PH and Chlorine, with test strips and also a liquid pool sample kit from Amazon. I check the other chemicals about twice a month, our water is crystal clear. I also enjoy doing the chemistry, my husband does the brushing and vacuuming and changing the filters cleaning the baskets. We went on vacation for a week and let it go, came back everything was fine. We are here full time, if your a snowbird then you have to rely on a pool company, I guess if i had to hire one I'd go with T&D, but I would educate myself on pool chemistry and check in-between.

Last edited by Newbeginnings; 07-22-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:57 AM

We use T & D also, but have never had an issue. Our pool is always pristine and we live here year around. They come once a week, scrub the tiles, vacuum it, check all the chemical levels, etc. We do have a salt water pool, and what a great decision that was. Never have to mess with chlorine as with a salt water pool, an electronic cell in the pump creates it as needed, it rarely fluctuates except with huge rainfall amounts. I know some people use bi-weekly or even monthly service to cut costs, but this can allow issues to spiral out of control under certain circumstances.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:47 AM

Switch......We use Sparkling Waters Pool and Spa. They service our pool each week. Crystal clear water, always clean!
Old 07-22-2019, 09:57 AM
Default Green Pool Water

Baking Soda will usually do the trick. Buy big bags at Sam's. Depends on size of pool as to how much. Dissolve in warm water in a bucket and pour in pool.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:27 AM

Test the water. If the chlorine is where it should be then you have yellow algae which needs different chemicals. We had this problem a couple of times.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:01 PM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I have found..............if you drop 275 tablets into a pool, the green color will be gone in 24 hours.

Now, unfortunately......the water is blue and looks like a toilet, at our ages......that ain't all bad.

Or you could just have Saint a Patrick's Day party early and only have to buy the die for the green beer.

Tags
pool, water, t&d, home, owners

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.