DO I REALLY WANT A VILLA?

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Default Re: DO I REALLY WANT A VILLA?

Hey Kar Guy and all others in the band!

(Hand's over the head) and to the tune Y M C A

V I L L A.......................

Ok... Y'all get the idea. (there I go speaking southern again!!)

Just heard from our Realtor .. He is 99.9% sure that by this Thursday at 3:00, We will be homeless!!!!!
(We will be passing the hat in the Squares!!!)

All the i's haven't been dotted yet but it looks like my packing 42 boxes (at last count) was not in vain! Believe me, at 3:30 MDT you will a yell that will register a 5.7 on the Richter scale!!!!

Now all that's left is to find the place to hold the party down in TV.........

Hey Kar Guy... Can a Villa hold all our boxes?????

HEHAW!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Sage

DarbyD ... Great news, I've never been so happy to see someone homeless. Good luck with finding the perfect Villa!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 PM

DD - I'll keep my fingers crossed too that your closing is a piece of cake! I'll be interested in your villa search. I was pretty sure I wanted to go ranch but this villa talk is interesting... I wasnt too sure about the models - all my VLS agent showed me were pretty much the same (very much contiguous rooms (although I did like the lanai accesible by LR and MBR in the model I saw.. any model advice? (ps - Only 42 boxes? That's not bad... I had a working colleague of mine that relocated up from LI to Western NY when we did.. he had 309 boxes...)
Old 08-27-2007, 10:29 PM

Hey, Darby

Give me a shout (V I L L A to the tune of Y M C A) Thursday at 3:01 pm. I'll be on the front porch in Louisville, CO and I'm sure I'll be able to hear you all the way from Aurora 'cause you will be so HAPPY! :hot:

Since you've been studying The Villages properties along with many others on this site, perhaps you or someone can explain the difference between volume, vaulted, hand trowelled, knockdown and cathedral ceilings? When we purchased our villa last February, we definitely wanted high ceilings ----- I think we bought a vaulted ceiling but now I'm wondering :dontknow: Guess it really doesn't matter --- I'm sure we'll enjoy our little villa with the _____________ ceiling when we stay for the first time in our very own place in October.

By the way, Darby, if you need a golf cart to drive during your stay, let me know as ours is sitting in our garage needing a good charge. It might help make your decision on gas vs electric easier if you can drive an electric one around. If you end up in Hadley, it's important to be able to travel the distances without pushing.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:27 AM

DD..... MAKE SURE YOU LET US ALL KNOW WHERE YOU END UP. WHICH VILLA, WHICH DESIGN AND WHICH VILLAGE. AS I MENTIONED WE WILL BE IN THE 16TH OF SEPT. AND BY THEN YOU WILL HAVE BOUGHT(LUCKY YOU). WOULD THAT BE A TRIP IF WE ENDED UP NEIGHBORS? KEEP US INFORMED ON YOUR PROGRESS. WE HAVE ALREADY PACKED 223 BOXES OF ____ TO BRING DOWN IN OUR PODS. TAKE CARE.. KAR GUY.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Gee - I am so glad we all like different things - what a boring place if we all liked the same things. We don't have a pet so that wasn't my motivation when we bought a 3 bedroom courtyard villa. It was PRIVACY! I'm a social person most of the time but when I'm in the mood I love to be able to shut the door and lock the world out. In our villa backyard I can sit outside in my "jammies" drink my morning coffee and not worry about grossing anybody out. When our villa was being rebuilt after the tornado damage last winter, we rented a designer home and every time I sat down on the lanai with friends I felt like I had to whisper or I'd bother the neighbor.

Yes, the garage is small and there is not a lot of room to save stuff but I'm too busy having fun to clean a bigger place and keeping the space down helps me monitor my urge to "collect" everything I don't need!

As for friendliness - maybe it is because we survived the tornado together -but even though several are snowbirds - our villa neighbors are better than family. I have never lived in a friendlier or nicer community. I love living in the Villages but the best thing about living here for me is the wonderful relationships I have with my villa neighbors!

I guess we each have to weigh what is most important and then pick the ones that are highest on your priority list! The great thing is - no matter where in the Villages - it's a great place to live!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:40 PM

MARYGALEXA, THAT WAS ONE GREAT REPLY. YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. I APPRECIATE WHAT YOU SAID. I BELIEVE YOUR FEELINGS HIT MOST OF US THAT WANT TO BE OR ARE ALREADY IN TV. THANKS ALOT THE KAR GUY
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 PM

Hey D D You are becoming quite the Southern Lady. I'm so glad that everything is going so smoooooth for you all (southern slang). I am suprised that you have so few boxes I thought I was going to need a box cutter to help you unpack. I will be listening for your yell here in Birmingham as I too will be making some noise or doing a jig. Thursday is our day. We become official VILLAGE PEOPLE and homeowners once again. :hot:

Bogart: Is your cart electric? If so would you buy elcetric or gas if you had it to do over? I really like the quiet of electric, but am concerned about the distances travelled.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:37 PM

Re the Gas or Electric cart:
My wife & I have one of each. We bought a 4 passenger gas Yamaha first and later an electric two passenger. We almost always ride in the electric because it is so quiet and has no fumes. Our gas model is a 2000 and we have been told than newer ones don't smell as bad, but ours does. We live in Tall Trees and go everywhere all day long on a battery charge. Like someone said earlier, if you charge it at night it has a full charge every morning and it has never run out of power. I will add that running lights at night pulls a great deal of battery life but not enough to worry me.

Buggies Unlimited has great accessories for your cart. One must Have is a propane heater for winter. Some nights get cold when you head out to the square.

I enjoy everyones post. Keep it up.

Coach
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Hey Guys! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Sorry, I had to shout to be heard by all of you!!)

42 boxes was just the start!!!!!!!!!! Today I would say we're entering the 60 zone!!!! Bama...... we will need those box cutters (aren't you sweet......!!!) Hey you heard her guys........she said she would help me unpack!!!!!!!! :2cool:

309 boxes???? HOLEY :edit: :edit:!!!!!

Kar Guy - Wouldn't it be keen, jelly bean if we did live ANYWHERE near each other??? Of course with the rest of you...let's see... Bama, Bamafan, Az2fla,Bogart,ripwho,barefoot,golf nut,coach,eujaynia,villages 07..... I can't wait to meet all of you!!!!!

For all of you that already livin the good life. My husband and I will be staying at the Cottages at Lake Sumpter Landing from Sept 5th - Sept 9th. I'm certain we will be be bopping in the Square Sept 5th, or 6th (at least) I'd love to meet some of you. Who's up for that??????? Say around 6:00???
Old 08-28-2007, 06:31 PM

Hi, Bama ---

We purchased a courtyard villa in Winifred right before we left to return to Colorado the end of Feb so we've never lived in it. Originally, we were ready to close on a villa that was destroyed by the tornado so we had to hustle to find another place before we left.

We purchased a turnkey villa with electric cart (our first villa was turnkey with a gas cart) but have not used it yet. We were excited about getting the gas cart but then had to shift to an electric and I think we will like it as well or better. We'll know more when we return Oct 19th and live in our own villa for the first time.................counting the days
Old 08-28-2007, 06:46 PM

Bogart, Let me know how you like the electric. I drove a new Yamaha The Drive gas model and it was like driving my car. It rode great and was rather quiet, however I feel that after a while it may get a little noiser. The electric on the other hand is quiet, but how faaaar can you go???? We rented a gas yamaha in July and we drove it everywhere, without any worry. Thanks Bama
Old 08-28-2007, 07:22 PM

We were thinking about a gas cart just because of the miles we would be able to take it with out worrying
about losing a charge and having to push it home (or something like that) I know Jan swears by his electric, others swear by their gas. We want to purchase 2 carts. (Yeah I know....and we're looking at a Villa??) We think we will be taking off in different directions at times and don't want to take the car. (Anyone else have that same situation???) I want a new cart and my husband said he would be fine with a used one. I know there was a thread here that talked about the different kinds of carts but now that we are almost ready to buy, I don't want to look for it. (I'm lazy right now)

The other reason for the gas cart is the cost of a new battery my husband says he will have to buy every two years ......

Bogart - I think we would love to take you up on your offer while we're down there!!!! Bogart - I don't care what Kar Guy says about you....YOU ROCK! :#1: :joke: We would be happy to rent it from you.......Just name your price and the who, what and wheres. If you would rather, my E-mail is:

darbyduff11@hotmail.com
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Sage

Hey DD.... since you were the early heart and soul of this board, I'm sure a lot of people would like to meet you when you're down. Pick a day and a time (in the evening) at a notable spot at Lake Sumter Landing (in front of the sales center, at Urban Flats, etc) and see who shows up. I will try to make it.

You'll like the cottages .... they are very spacious and a great location. Enjoy.

Villages07
Old 08-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Sage

DD, we stayed at a cottage, very plush, we loved our Preview in March! We had a great complimentary dinner at Katie Belles. I'll be able to hear all you guys rocking on in September up here in Canada!! I'm jealous. We arrive at the end of October and by then DD will have bought her perfect Villa and be moving in and will be having a fab Housewarming Party! So we'll get to meet everyone then. Looking forward to it!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.