Do water filters help?  See photo.

Do water filters help? See photo.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-10-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Been here seven years. Only water filter we have is on the refrigerator. Paying hundreds or even thousands for filter systems is a scam and a ripoff. My drinking water is mostly Pellegrino.
Honestly it depends on what you like. For us, the convenience of getting clean, good tasting water from every tap rather than having to run to the fridge is more than worth the cost of installing and maintaining a filter system. Ditto a softener. Saying it is a scam and a ripoff is a bit harsh. I think what you really meant was for you, its not worth the cost, and that's fine. For us, it is and having a quality source for installation, service and support like Nova is great. There may be other less-than-reputable companies that try to sell you something you don't want or need based on fear, uncertainty and doubt, but I've never had anything but a positive experience with Nova. I give them high marks for honesty, integrity and responsiveness.
--
bc

Last edited by rexxfan; 01-10-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Been here seven years. Only water filter we have is on the refrigerator. Paying hundreds or even thousands for filter systems is a scam and a ripoff. My drinking water is mostly Pellegrino.

In YOUR OPINION. RIght?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2019, 06:28 AM

Check out the documentary, “Tapped”, on amazon prime and YouTube. I’ve always been a bottled water guy. Now considering water filtration system.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Have lived in 11 different homes over 80 yrs scattered up and down East Coast, have never had filtration except on Fridge. Never felt the need.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Have lived in 11 different homes over 80 yrs scattered up and down East Coast, have never had filtration except on Fridge. Never felt the need.
I have never had a water filter or softener either. The worst water I ever experienced was in Saudi Arabia, where taking a shower made your skin turn white with calcium deposits. But, I survived a year there. Compared to most other places, I think The Villages has pretty good water. I don't fault someone from buying a filter or softener. But, personally, I don't think I could be convinced that the filter or softener cannot adversely affect the safety of the water, which I believe is already safe to use without any treatment.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 01-11-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Platinum member

NOVA water filters. Just look at my filters when changed. Dirty water.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Sage

Talking

FYI, we will be at the Chile cook off in Lake Sumter Feb 2 stop by to discuss our systems or just say hello.

Last edited by jimbo2012; 01-11-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never had a water filter or softener either. The worst water I ever experienced was in Saudi Arabia, where taking a shower made your skin turn white with calcium deposits. But, I survived a year there. Compared to most other places, I think The Villages has pretty good water. I don't fault someone from buying a filter or softener. But, personally, I don't think I could be convinced that the filter or softener cannot adversely affect the safety of the water, which I believe is already safe to use without any treatment.

For me it had nothing to do with the safety of the water which I am sure is perfectly safe but was to get rid of the swimming pool smell and taste of the chlorine which according to my wife was killing her hair. Getting all the sediment gunk out was an extra bonus (see photo in OP). After the filter even I was able to notice the difference in her hair and the very expensive color she gets in it lasted longer. Happy wife happy life.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:36 PM
Sage

I've finally scheduled our installation for the end of the month. I've been wanting to get around to it for close to two years and just kept putting it off. You should get a Commission EdFNJ. LOL. Your post made me cross this off my to do list. Not only do people that I know love the Nova System We've about had it with humping cases of Aquafina around the house. We use an average of 10 cases a month so $40 a month on bottled water plus I have a Car now not a Van, a little rough for me to complete this mission every month as far as transportation and my back is Jacked Up already.

When my wife drank the tap water at a friend's home that has the Nova Filter that did the trick. Can't wait. My eyes always bother me after showering. It always turns my eyes red and makes me look like I'm ripped but I don't drink.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:50 PM

I looked at the Nova WHF... and the specs and design look remarkably (actually nearly exactly) like the Express Water Whole House Water Filter, 3 Stage Home Water Filtration System, Sediment, Charcoal, Carbon Filters. You can get one for $399 on Amazon... and it should take all of a couple of hours to install yourself. I have one on the way!

Tags
water, filter, filters, gunk, opened