Do water filters help? See photo.

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Sage

We don't have sales people knocking on doors.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Do you have a water softener as well as the WHF?
Yes, we had both installed together. In the softener we use potassium chloride. In our former systems we always used salt, but it affected the taste of the water.

I didn't mind the "slimy" feel with the salt; I would have called it a silky feel. And it did not leave any water spots at all, period. But my husband thought it felt slimy and is much happier with the potassium chloride. And the water spots are few.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Veteran member
Default We dont

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Yes, we had both installed together. In the softener we use potassium chloride. In our former systems we always used salt, but it affected the taste of the water.

I didn't mind the "slimy" feel with the salt; I would have called it a silky feel. And it did not leave any water spots at all, period. But my husband thought it felt slimy and is much happier with the potassium chloride. And the water spots are few.
We don’t have a water softener just the Nova whole house system and the water feels and tastes just fine
Old 01-21-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Do water filters help? You decide!

Just changed my filter set after about 11 months. Just 2 of us with relatively low water use (other than lots of flushing!). The bright white one in front is obviously the new one. The one on right is 1st in line (25micron, the 2nd is 10micron and the final filter is 5micron carbon block.). All that gunk would have been in our clothes, food & hair. Yuch. I cut open the first one and the dirt goes about 95% through it. This is not an advertisement for any particular filter so brand is not listed.We live in Amelia near Colony if it matters.

The Villages Florida
We change our particle filter and carbon filter every 6 months. Both are fully worn out and full of bad stuff.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrykins View Post
We change our particle filter and carbon filter every 6 months. Both are fully worn out and full of bad stuff.
Is that from a NOVA system or other type? That seems WAY to often for a Nova. I check my water meter every few months and I don't come close to their "suggested gallons of use" even at a year. They are supposed to get dirty.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:36 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

We have an in-line charcoal filter that removes unpleasant smell and one fiber filter that removes sand etc. Very inexpensive and easy maint.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We just had the NOVA triple filter installed a few days ago. The difference is remarkable. Everyone picked out the old water easily. My wife is a wonderful person but tough. I saved a half a gallon of water from before Brad installed our unit to do the comparison test. My wife said the NOVA water from our tap was better than the Aquafina we have been using since forever. 12 cases of Aquafina a month equal $48 a month. In a year we have the investment back. Taking a shower is great, no smell in the water and my eyes don't look like I puffed on something that was illegal all over our country a short time ago. My eyes were burning and really red. Not anymore.

Shame on me for delaying. I hear and am happy for those who drink the water without filtering and have no problems, Bravo. In my estimation, this is one of those little luxuries that is just wonderful. Can't wait to see how much better the clothes come out of the washer. Brad did a great job and Bob was very helpful on the phone. Glad to be a part of the family.

No more carrying cases of water from Sam's to the house. I'm not getting any younger you know.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:01 AM
Sage

Thanks for those kinds words of support
Old 02-01-2019, 08:06 AM
Sage
Arrow

FYI, Nova will be at the Chili cook off tomorrow at the Sumter Sq booth #148 near City Fire/ Red Sauce

Stop by say hello

Tags
water, filter, filters, gunk, opened

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.