Do you ever wonder if it is only in The Villages??

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Do you ever wonder if it is only in The Villages??

A few that make me wonder:

Heading South on Buena Vista Blvd...I am in the passing lane about a mile from the intersection at CR 466....and there is a car in my lane coming at me (heading North in the South bound lane)...after frantic light flashing and horn blowing the oncoming driver has the deer in the headlights, oh $hit look slamming on the brakes...I could not move over as another car was along side of me..the oncoming driver makes a multiple point U turn and speeds off down 466 and through the light at 466!!!

Here is one more....the dog and I are on the multi modal path near the Riley Grove starter shack and a car is heading toward me....I suggested he turn around and get back on the street at the Bridgeport entrance/crossing. He chose to continue forward getting back on the road at the Arnold Palmer entrance.

Now it is your turn to present happenings you have experienced in TV that makes you wonder.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Gold member

Just yesterday I was in my cart heading south of 466 on Belvedere
heading for the cart gate, and I ended up behind an SUVin the cart lane.
The driver decided to drive through the cart gate!
His SUV had one wheel riding up on the curb,
and he narrowly missed the gate operator housing while driving through!
By the way the car gate was fully functioning to his left.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We had a similar situation with a White Big Boy Benz coming at us on El Camino up near The Savannah. If the nice lady next to me wasn't on the ball and sped up the way she did I would have had no place to escape to. The lady next to us saved our hide.

The circle around the Orange Blossom C.C. is a notorious spot for wrong-way drivers. This happens on a constant basis. To us personally 3 times.

Glad you're O.K. billethekid. It's unnerving for sure.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Idiot drivers are everywhere. When the wife and I worked in Nashville, TN we drove about 35 miles one way to get there. I could bog down this website with stories of the idiots and jerks we contended with for 20 years of working there.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Witnessed car going over golf cart bridge to historic side. Plus a couple of folks making left hand turns on round abouts, ugh!
Old 10-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Sage

Thoughts that come to mind...the OP's observation---maybe a drugged driver (???). There are folks here from the UK that might have a lapse and drive on the wrong side OR the person is elderly and cognitively impared (scarey).

I've seen people stopped in the round-abouts! THAT is scarey!!!! We have a street legal golf cart and have had people come up on the back, lay on the horn then swerve around us and pull in abruptly to make their point. Yes, we know all the arguments about street legals but good grief people, use your common sense!! To have someone coming directly at us in the wrong lane---that would really be an awful experience!!!
Old 10-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Ahhh, another crazy driver thread. NO it is ABSOLUTELY NOT "only in The Villages."
Old 10-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

The 35 posted speed limit only apply to those in a golf cart, because it’s not going to go much faster then 20.

Some Cars, lawn care guys, UPS, FEDEx must be dyslexic going 53 instead. And that golf cart already merging 10 car lengths ahead of you can be passed if you really floor it
Old 10-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

\\\
Old 10-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

After watching the President leave the polo field the other week, I followed two groups of motorcycle offices as they too were leaving to go home. I was traveling south on Buena Vista behind the second group of three police Harleys who were behind two additional police bikes separated by a few cars. At the third roundabout south of 466, the three bike in front of me turned right while the two ahead of them continued south on Buena Vista. Apparently, these two got a message from the others that they also were to turn right at the last roundabout.

So, at the next roundabout rather than going around the roundabout flowing traffic to make a 180, they took a short cut. They turned a hard left against the flow of traffic in the roundabout to make a sharp 180. I didn’t honk or say a thing as they were police officers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (173)1.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	81262  
Old 10-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

I was coming out of the tunnel that connects Brownwood to the Grand Traverse Shopping Center (going from Brownwood to Grand Traverse). There's a car coming right at me heading down toward the tunnel. The driver was flustered... said their GPS told them to take that road.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,619 Times in 1,763 Posts

Cops everywhere do that kind of thing routinely.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will still take the Dopey Drivers in our area than the Road Rage Animals from up North.

This afternoon a driver in a 10-year-old Pristine Buick almost took us out by coming into our lane while turning. We were in the Golf Cart and my Cat Like Reflex's Saved Us. I went about 10 feet onto someone's lawn. No damage done just proof that its rough out there.

Every once in awhile I make a mistake while driving. There I said it. I'm going to take one of the courses that are offered. Why not, could help!
Old 10-13-2019, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will still take the Dopey Drivers in our area than the Road Rage Animals from up North.

This afternoon a driver in a 10-year-old Pristine Buick almost took us out by coming into our lane while turning. We were in the Golf Cart and my Cat Like Reflex's Saved Us. I went about 10 feet onto someone's lawn. No damage done just proof that its rough out there.

Every once in awhile I make a mistake while driving. There I said it. I'm going to take one of the courses that are offered. Why not, could help!
Scary. You have to NOTHING but always be on your toes when driving here in the Villages and there are a good percentage of people here who should no longer be driving at all.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:04 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
. . . I didn’t honk or say a thing as they were police officers.
Probably a wise decision!

Tags
lane, car, heading, turn, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.