Do you have Direct TV thru CenturyLink ??

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2018, 08:53 PM
Default Do you have Direct TV thru CenturyLink ??

We've been happy CenturyLink customers for 4 years: Phone, Internet, Prism TV.
We understand when we renew in the Springtime that we will have to go with Direct TV vs Prism.

1. Have you switched to Direct TV with CenturyLink? If so, have you been pleased or disappointed so far?

2. Alternatively, does anyone have Direct TV direct with ATT? (along with Internet and/or Phone separate thru CenturyLink, or other provider)? If so, have you been pleased or disappointed so far? Would you recommend doing this vs getting Direct TV thru CenturyLink?
Old 11-15-2018, 09:43 PM

Resident of T.V. two years, ordered Century Link, Direct T,V., ATT, package straight away...Very satisfied, service, price at the low introduction cost...Now, looking at the monthlies for supposed increase in charges..Customers report, when notified of the two year introduction trial price increases, THREATEN TO CANCEL..Direct T.V., Century Link, A.T.T, will acquiesce to keep you as customers...So far as I know, customers complaining of increased in charges, had success in keeping their monthly charges at the reasonable initial, introduction rates.....
Old 11-15-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Resident of T.V. two years, ordered Century Link, Direct T,V., ATT, package straight away...Very satisfied, service, price at the low introduction.....
Thanks,
How about service interruptions during heavy rain and wind?
Have you experienced many in your 2 years?
I've always been afraid to try Direct or Dish due to the many complaints of friends about all the service interruptions.
Have the equipment and service providers now seemingly solved or significantly reduced those issues?
Old 11-16-2018, 06:51 AM
Veteran member

One, one minute outage since March with DirectTV. It was a REALLY bad storm.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:59 AM
fw102807

We had Century Link and directv. We switched to Comcast internet but kept Directv we have had no problems with them.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:10 AM

Arrived back in TV in October. I was able to restore all of my Prism TV services an all of my discounts without any problem. I didn’t go to the store but called Customer Service. No problem and very nice on the phone.

I am very happy I didn’t have any problems. I hear about all the Prism stories but my experience was great and I have a great discounted rate.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I've had Directv since 2008 and didn't get CL internet and telephone until 2011, I have them separate. I figure don't fix it if it ain't broke. I found since I can deal directly with Directv and have been with them 10 years they always reward me when I ask for something. I have the Premier Package which is every channel, probably 300 or more. I never pay full price, they always give me $30 or more off in discounts. NFL Sunday Ticket is usually $200 to $300 during football season, the last two years they gave it to me for free.

They said if I combine with Century Link I would get a $5 a month discount, not worth it. Outages, it's like using smart TV, you have to know the in's and out's. Weather could be a hassle for the uniformed, but if you know how to use backup channels, weather is never a problem. TV never went out during Hurricane Irma, never went to backup, had HD the entire time. My HD DVR holds a 1000 hours of recording, I have about 80% full at most times, so if weather was a factor put on that recorded show or movie you've been wanting to watch, weather doesn't effect programs that are recorded.

Century Link I've had one outage in 7-1/2 years, that was due to a lightning strike that took out the backup battery in the garage. CL Tech came within two hours and fixed the problem, he removed the backup battery, he said they were more problems then they were worth. The telephone is a little bit of a problem. I cannot call any phone number within the Villages that is part of the Villages, like a country club pro shop or the medical offices, the '674' numbers. I've contact CL and they don't find a problem. No problem for me, I just use my cellphone, those facilities can call me, I just can't call them.
Closed Thread

Tags
direct, centurylink, disappointed, pleased, phone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.