Lesley Gore Dead at 68

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Default Lesley Gore Dead at 68

I felt very sad at hearing the news that Lesley Gore had died. She was here in the Villages a couple of years ago and delivered a wonderful show. After the show she signed CD's and had enjoyable conversations with many of the guests. She was a special person for those of us who grow up in the 60's. She will be missed.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Sage

Loved her music - would sing my heart out to her songs after a break-up. May she Rest in Peace.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Loved her music - would sing my heart out to her songs after a break-up. May she Rest in Peace.
Many the times I slammed my bedroom door, put on her 45 and belted out "You Don't Own Me" while my parents (no doubt) rolled their eyes. Oh, we were all so young then. Its like an old friend passing.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:13 PM

Agreed, very saddened by her passing tonight. Checked my tunes library and discovered I did not have a copy of "Just Let Me Cry"--the first song that came to mind when I learned of Lesley's death. Paid for and downloaded the song, and let it rip tonight. A voice of my childhood, of summer, of goodness and heartbreak. RIP, Ms. Gore.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.